Chapter 11 : wait

Bus 501

Puting a tablet with a picture of a black rock on it on a table he spoke “Let just be honest” Suga move to Baekhyun side and lean on that table making himself comfortable “our competitors here have the most brilliant ideas But the NewWorld project take a very good intentions on the market, you put everything on that branch to go back home one day no? shouldn’t we keep it as it called! And find something can truly change the world?”

 

Baekhyun look at the black thing on that tablet then all the way up to Suga with a lab glasses, wearing a white coat and gloves, the two were inside a laboratory 

“so your saying we bet our money and reputation for something that could be unreal?” Baekhyun refused

Suga shrugs “it IS real, the ‘working in the dark’ experts examination won’t lie, it is from space nothing like it here on earth Baekhyun! And if we make the deal and buy it we can maybe discover something does not exist yet!”

 

Baekhyun take off his gloves and throw them on a trash cane, then take his glasses putting them on the table “I don’t know Suga! this whole story isn’t my kind of thing! I mean why they will sell in the black market anyway?”

 

Suga huffs “because they aren’t genius and that their job to buy rare things for those who can make a good use of it, or bad! come on! Aren’t you going to that branch you build at the same time? it’s a sign”

“No that definitely not a sign! That...” Baekhyun didn’t find the right words “look am going to see my brother and attend my mother memorial!” He kept talking while going out of that lab-room all the way to a desk-room “So basically I was already planning to do so not planning to waist the half of the money I earned for the past 2 years for something that could be a black rock from a universal meteor explosion!”

“Listen!” Suga was still following him “we are going to get wiped by those outside if we didn’t find something that can make us on the lead again!”

Baekhyun was now taking his white coat and wearing his suit “and what make you sure this one is?”

Suga, “simple because the rumors is already out! And whatever we will discover or not! It a thing that just us will know about”

 

Baekhyun stopped looking at him “wait wait wait!”

Suga nodded 

Baekhyun came to realization what Suga wanted to say “So your saying if we can have that black rock it a win even if it fake! Oh god why I didn’t think of that!”

Suga smirk “basically everything we will release after on the market, the buyers will think it from space! how much you think it will coast?”

 

Baekhyun think about it but nodded “call the representative”

“Yes!” Suga said doing a fist happy expression “I know you ll get convinced”

Baekhyun shrugs “yes but you sir will take the flight with me and make sure we get it now!”

 

Suga nodded “you got it!”

 

 

 

***

 

 

Moving down stairs Baekhyun asked Jongin to go back fast to the civilian floors, the boy did as he told, gladly he listened to him after the conversation they did before.

 

He went all the way downstairs to the G floors, and all the way to the laboratory in there, a girl came right to him with a white coat and gloves “sir the subject 7 start to have some stable situation for 5 minutes now we are doing a blood test to see if the black meta is out of his system completely”

 

Baekhyun who wear those she gave to him nodded taking a tablet from her hands too, and looking at the results, he move all the way in some doors till he arrived at a room, with some doctors around and materials, and a glass room at the corner with a woman inside it, sitting there, her eyes were still black but she wasn’t moving she was just sitting.

Baekhyun move next the glass and look at her she didn’t move a muscle, “results”

 

“Am sending them” a worker said and Baekhyun look at the tablet, saw the test giving 95% “the infection still in the eyes side?” He said “it’s weird” he move to a bunch of electronics scientists material and slide a chair sitting in it “show me the other 6 tests!” He asked and the workers start to do so 

 

 

The door of that room got opened and a man with military clothes came in with some soldiers “mind if you tell me where that helicopter went?” The man said in anger looking at Baekhyun, 

Baekhyun who was looking on a microscope spoke “how should I know General?”

“Your saying it’s not you?” That man said with more anger

Baekhyun look at him now with a fake smile “I clearly didn’t say that, but for real I don’t know what directions it went!”

“AND WHY YOU LET IT LEAVE?” the general yells

Baekhyun calmly turn to look at the microscope again “because your men didn’t do their right job and let infected people in, i won’t kill them because I am a scientist and you know am more like saving people lives so I won’t let you kill them too!”

 

The general take an inhale of anger “Mr. Byun you shouldn’t take it more far with my anger you know”

Baekhyun raise his head look straight, then look at him with ‘are you serious look’ “general let us be professional please and before telling me that I need to be afraid of your anger ask about if there is any good news to fix what you did”

The general look sideways then at the woman “did she got healed did you find a cure?”

Baekhyun smile a fake one “well that a good question, but I will ask you to bring me one more for test comparing and it better be a male!”

 

The general look at the ones behind him “go”

 

The soldiers “yes sir!”

 

 

*** the helicopter ***

 

 

Flying as low as he can to not get strike by lightening, Kyungsoo spoke after the very awkward silence inside that little place “ehm...” he clear his throat “you guys feeling okay? Please don’t become monsters behind my back”

 

Jungkook who should be replying to Kyungsoo he spoke “man that was awkward!”

Kyungsoo take out a laugh finally, he wanted to do so since the kiss scene he saw “Ahaha! I bet Baekhyun have more then courage”

Jungkook look at his leg “he have brain”

 

Chanyeol finally spoke “i like...”

 

Kyungsoo “girls! Yes we know, we all saw the scene of your girlfriend, truly it’s just a kiss nothing much!”

 

Chanyeol shake his head “no! I think I like it!” He touched his heart “my heart can’t stop, but am not angry!!”

 

Kyungsoo was surprised and Jungkook went to touch his chest “damn it beating louder!” He start to laugh and Kyungsoo too

 

Chanyeol smiled awkwardly “okay! That weird, I mean he took my interest back at the bus but how the hell things went fast!”

Kyungsoo he nodded with himself “i bet you two will look fine together!”

Jungkook nodded “well I think that family is just so catchy!”

“Family!” Chanyeol asked 

Jungkook nodded “I won’t lie I had dirty thoughts when I met Taehyung”

“Wooow!” Chanyeol and Kyungsoo yells in a playful way 

“Congratulations” Kyungsoo mocked “you two just make yourself from the same fam..” 

 

‘Buum!’

 

A lightening strike near the helicopter and made everyone shut in shocked, “okay!” Kyungsoo said “that my sign to put you guys down”

 

Chanyeol pointed to a building near them “there!”

 

Kyungsoo nodded when he saw that the helicopter fits on the roof, “okay!” Safely taking it down, he look at them “be safe try to go out of the city! But if you boys turn!” Kyungsoo stopped “well we will meet in the other life!”

 

Chanyeol nodded with “thanks!” Going down with Jungkook, and seeing Kyungsoo flying away. “Let’s go!”

 

He said and enter that building, it was all dark, and silent, moving with a very careful steps maybe those black eyes people could be somewhere, but none was, at least in the staircase they are moving down in, the building have apparentements and Jungkook asked if they could maybe use one?

 

Chanyeol nodded “let try this!”

 

He said looking at an open door, either they left or they are in, but probably they left because it was quiet and nothing suspicious can be heard, they searched the house and it was indeed empty

“How much time we have?” Jungkook asked standing in the middle of that house

Chanyeol though about it “a major injury took two hours!!” He move to the windows “close the windows and let not make the lights take their attention”

Jungkook nodded doing as he told, closing it and even put curtains on to make sure no lights come out, and finally doing that they open the little lights in the house to just make it seen.

 

Chanyeol went to a mirror and took his phone flash and check his eyes, he now could see some little dots under his skin eye, it no visible yet but they are there, he move to Jungkook with “let me check!” And find the same thing “well maybe the cure isn’t working! It’s just slowing it”

 

Jungkook sits on a sofa “so in the end we are dead!” He said looking at the scratches that start to turn black now

“Don’t lose faith!” Chanyeol said moving to the kitchen and open the fridge to find beer “bingo!” He said taking it and sits next Jungkook putting one in front of him and one he drinks it

Jungkook took it, open it, then nearly he want to drink it but stopped in the middle because Chanyeol was grabbing his arm

“How old are you?” Chnayeol asked “you still studying right?”

Jungkook roll his eyes “come on its not like I never drink a beer before! Also am about to become a zombie! So?”

Chanyeol shrugs “true! Cheers”

Jungkook smiled “thanks” 

 

The two waited, none of them want to admit it, the feeling of turning was scaring them, but they have nothing to do...nothing at all...just waiting...

 

Hearing the rain voice fading...

 

It’s stopped..

 

And they keep waiting there..

 

 

***

 

 

Taehyung open his eyes hearing a loud voice, an explosion voice and bullets, he look around to see everyone in the same situation as his, not knowing what the hell is going on! He look at Jimin who was more confuse then him

 

Except Suga no one was there! Suga stand with “the hell!” Running to a window, Taehyung did the same following him, and that made the curiosity of everyone to take a look outside.

 

The time still night and there was a car in flames and a huge amount of crazy people, running in trying to pass the military.

“What the hell?” Suga said and runs to the soldiers, the place start to get crowded around, everyone want to look through the windows, Taehyung move away and look for Jimin, finally finding him, he make away between the crowed to his friend “Where is the others?”

Jimin shrugs “I don’t know!” They saw some soldiers came in with Suga “everyone please calm down!!”

Suga point to Taehyung and Jimin to come and the two did, “the elevator!” He ordered pushing the two inside with him

 

One soldier move to the elevator with them, all the way to the last floor before the roof, the building was having two roofs one up for one helicopter which is empty now, and the second are full of military planes, the place was crowded with people, probably those from the first civilians floors, 

 

“One by one people” the soldiers were shouting on the people who doesn’t make things easy for sure!

 

“Come!” The soldier said and move to a little plan in the corner it was empty, and having soldiers watching it “this one yours!”

 

Suga nodded asking Taehyung and Jimin to go in “go go go!” the two gets in

“Where is the others? Where is Baekhyun?” Taehyung asked and Suga replied “don’t worry I go find them!”

 

“Sir!” The soldier look at Suga “the general orders were you too going with them”

Suga was shocked he take a sarcasm laugh when the soldier start pushing him inside “no wait! I need to be...”

“Sorry sir!” The soldier insist “orders are orders”

“I don’t care about orders?” Suga protest “no! Baekhyun is there!”

“Sir Baekhyun is with the general nothing to fear of! The orders were to take his brother his friends including  you to safety! Please don’t make it hard!”

 

Suga look at him shocked he can’t say more! Basically he should left before everything started, he just nodded sitting in defeated in that military plan, 

“no am not leaving my brother behind!” Taehyung said, but Jimin tried to reason him “Baekhyun Hyung sure can take care of himself! You will be just a burden” 

Taehyung look at Jimin knowing that maybe he is right! but then saw Jongin coming with another soldier and gets in too.

“Jongin!” Taehyung asked “Jungkook and Chanyeol?”

 

Jongin shake his head “left before with Kyungsoo”

“Why they didn’t wake us?” Jimin asked

“Because the two were infected and Baekhyun had to make them sneak out before they got killed”

 

Taehyung froze in his place hearing the word ‘infected’ his heart skip a beat thinking of the wet hot boy who his got attached to for no reason! “No way!”

 

The mini plane start the engine “please put the seatbelt” the driver said because that plane doesn’t have doors at all, and slowly the plan start to fly up to leave that cursed city.