Chapter 9 : meet

Bus 501

Taking a round in that floor, they were so many people to check on, So many rooms so many stairs, Taehyung start to get concern when they reach the 7th floor and still no trace of his brother, he start to get nervous and that was noticeable by everyone

“am sure it’s his car, he must be around”

Taehyung look at Jungkook who spoke with him, he nodded as a reply and a little bit start to calm down, for a moment he did forget about that because not finding him yet made him think of the bad possibilities.

 

They reach the last floor the soldier mentioned finding more civilians but still no Baekhyun, Taehyung stopped in the middle looking around “his not here? Maybe I miss a place!” He said moving again to the stairs

“Tae!” Jimin called following him and Jungkook did the same.

Chanyeol and Jongin look at each other, “let check again”

Jongin nodded “I take the first floor again!” He said and went to the stairs 

 

Chanyeol look around that 9th floor again, he move around looking between those who were sleeping, apologizing if he disturbed someone with “sorry am looking for a friend” he check one by one, but sure he wasn’t there, he move to the staircase to go down but before he do he saw a soldier checking on the people and stopped him “excuse me!”

 

The soldier look at him “any thing I can help you with sir!”

Chanyeol shrugs “you know the red car parked outside the building! did the owner left this place?”

The soldier shake his head a no “no one left since 6am this evening! But I think the red car owner is the company owner right?”

Chanyeol just said “Baekhyun” actually not knowing he was the owner, but the soldier at least know where he is

“Yes that the name! A family?” The soldier asked “I can take you to because his not in the civilians floors”

 

Chanyeol look around with his eyes searching if Taehyung could be back to this floor, but not seeing him he just nodded, because finding Baekhyun is first then bringing him to Taehyung is second.

 

The soldier nodded “follow me”

 

He did as he been told and follow the soldier to the elevator, he swipe a card to make the elevator open and move inside pressing G2 floor, and that definitely means they are going under ground, the elevator got opened and Chanyeol saw two more soldiers standing next to it

“Hey guys! can you take this one to the company Boss! His a family member”

one of the soldiers refused “you know we can’t let anyone in!” The one in the elevator roll his eyes “and you know he could just make it worse if he know we didn’t let him meet him!”

The other soldier who didn’t spoke till now laughed “damn right he went crazy on that worker before! Am not messing with him, come with me” He said looking at Chanyeol who nodded now following the 3rd soldier, the place was more white then it should be, like a hospital but under ground, they stopped next a door and the soldier put his card on it opening it with “wait here”

 

Chanyeol goes in that door, it was a room without any window just white lights and an iron table with chairs in the middle and some closed old computers and boxes, this must be like a storage in the company, Chanyeol start to felt cold at the place, it is under ground for sure since it have no window, he sits in one of those iron chairs looking at that now iron closed door, it has no handle from inside, nothing, he got the creeps for a second because if he just got forgotten here, he probably will never open this door also the voices outside is unreachable so it is a soundproof room

 

He waited...

 

and waited...

 

Maybe now he will make those up more worried about him because he just disappeared

few moment after waiting again he finally heard that door got opened, and the soldier gets in, Chanyeol look at him standing when he said “sorry for waiting” and after few seconds, he heard footsteps and Baekhyun came to the view, he saw him stopping at the door with a surprised face “Chanyeol?”

 

“Your family!?” The soldier asked

 

Baekhyun nodded, “Leave us alone”

The soldier nodded and left, and Baekhyun close that iron door behind him “what the hell are you doing here?” He said coming near him with “is Taehyung with you?”

 

Chanyeol look at him with “yes he is with me!!”

Baekhyun was confused, “that boy didn’t find you?”

Chanyeol nodded “he did!”

“AND WHY THE HELL YOUR NOT OUTSIDE THIS FREAKING CRAZY CITY?” Baekhyun yells not believing his brother is still here even after asking him to leave 

Chanyeol crosssed his eyebrows “Taehyung wants to find you!”

Baekhyun gritted his teeth “isn’t it better to take my brother to safety instead of accepting his crazy idea? Why you...oh my god” he said catching his hair in anger and turning around the place in frustration 

Chanyeol didn’t like it “and how the hell we would have know your fine?!”

Baekhyun stopped looking back at him “Didn’t I make it clear I will get the HELL OUT OF HERE and not searching for Taehyung in my message!”

 

“AND WHY YOU DIDN’T LEAVE YET?” Chanyeol screamed also but calmed down again, “and don’t tell me the weather excuse because you arriver her before that!!”

 

Baekhyun shut his mouth for a second looking at that tall guy in front of him “look at how much people I found here when I came! The freaking military make my branch a base to them! I can’t just leave!” 

 

Chanyeol look at him with a raised eyebrow “you lying!”

“What!” Baekhyun said unbelievably shocked

Chanyeol shrugs with confidence “I know your lying”

“Seriously!” Baekhyun said not believing how confidence this guy have

“Liar” Chanyeol repeated

Baekhyun move forward to him now closer then ever with an angry face he grabs his white classic uniform driver shirt “call me a liar again and I will let you get rotten in this room for sure”

Chanyeol roll his eyes “Liar”

 

Baekhyun felt like he is just getting tested of how serious he was “okay!” He said and left the grab on that shirt with a force and turn to leave that room, he reach the door and it automatically opened, like it was having a face scan somewhere.

 

Chanyeol saw him take the door and want to slam it closed, the soldiers were saying the truth they don’t want to mess with him, seeing how he was about to shut that door close, Chanyeol move and grab his arm pushing him back and slamming the door closed again and slammed Baekhyun back on it.

 

“Agh!” Baekhyun take out a little scream when he felt the hard push that give him pain in his shoulder “ARE YOU CRAZY!”

Chanyeol move to the table and sits on it, crossed his arms and look at him “stop being childish! Philautia made me come back for you”

 

Baekhyun who was putting his hand on his shoulder trying to easy the pain heard the word and raise an eyebrow not knowing what he mean

 

Chanyeol said “We give ourselves the same kindness and care we’d give to others”

 

Baekhyun roll his eyes start to calm down “why bringing this now?”

Chanyeol smiled standing and going to him explaining with his low voice that now was more low! “I thought you ment self-love back then but I forgot it have two meaning and the other meaning equals that you will never let your brother and leave so why you would say that?, because you knew something and didn’t want us to come here to find it?”

He get closer and Baekhyun tried to back off but the door behind his back isn’t helping “okay space please!!”

Chanyeol slam his both hands on the door next Baekhyun ears “I told you the truth, I didn’t come for Taehyung I came because I wanted to find you, your turn” he said his face was so close

Baekhyun slide down his back on the door all the way under those arms easily moving away “first you probably already knew I like boys so please don’t get that closer with your half ed classic shirt because it’s freak me out!”

Chanyeol take out a little laugh at the boy honestly 

“Second! I don’t know how you concluded all of those things but you’re absolutely wrong!” Baekhyun smiled a very fake one “so why not go and meet Taehyung! Am sure he would be searching for me”

 

Chanyeol shake his head with a huff “he is! and he also cried when he knew you left him”

Baekhyun shut his mouth, guilt all over his face “oh crap! thanks for telling me so late” he said and pointed for him to move from the door side

Chanyeol did and the door got opened again by it self, he went out and Chanyeol followed him, the two went back to the elevator, and the soldiers didn’t say a word to them, Baekhyun wanted to close the door but heard a “wait wait wait wait”

 

A boy came and gets in in time wearing a suit, and start to speak immediately “I was searching for you, you were right the s..”

“SUGA!” Baekhyun yells pointing at Chanyeol with his eyes

The boy named Suga looked at Chanyeol “his not a worker? Oh wait his too good looking to work here!”

Baekhyun “Suga this is Chanyeol the Bus driver I mentioned before”

Suga nodded “ooh the handsome driver you mentioned yes yes! his totally your type he kinda..”

Baekhyun “Suga!”

“...kinda look like your Ex! Kris I think you do have a thing for tall boys right?”

Baekhyun close his eyes in frustration “Oh man!!”

 

And Chanyeol start to laugh silently at the conversation 

 

“What?” Suga said “I mean people who hide their feelings die early! But in our case we probably dead already!”

“I didn’t say feelings” Baekhyun said now doesn’t care if the other there “I said his hot for a driver, and sadly he have a girlfriend!”

Suga, “That the same for me!”

Baekhyun, “no not the same for someone else! I mean feelings came after when you know people more!!”

Suga, “what about love from the first look! I keep hearing that”

Baekhyun, “well tell me a story with first look love and didn’t wait till after to get married!”

Suga thought about it “true! They can’t married at the time! But still he came all the way here! Just like the stories”

Baekhyun humms “hmm...he did true!” And the two look at Chanyeol

 

 Chanyeol now wished that elevator reach it destination because things it taking a wrong turn on him here, he saw the door opens and he went immediately out

 

Suga smirk whispering and put his fist on the air for Baekhyun “see that how you Change topics”

Baekhyun smiled hitting it with his fist too “it was hard to read you and catch up!”

 

The two followed Chanyeol from behind who was looking around for his friends, “they must be in some of those floors”

 

“We wait at the food section” Baekhyun said go and find them.

Chanyeol nodded and left and Suga hit Baekhyun “dude he listens”

“Yes he do!” Baekhyun move to the food section on the 6th floor and sits on an empty table

“Oh man I think I need a rest! I slept 7 hours on the bus and now I feel like I been awake since a month” Baekhyun said in laziness

“Maybe we should take a rest!?” Suga asked

Baekhyun nodded “I will ask them to take Taehyung first in the morning! Then I take a rest”

Suga, “you should! By the morning it will be a zombie city and if things got worse the military will wipe it out”

 

“BAEKHYUN!”

 

Baekhyun turn to look at Taehyung who was coming running to him, he stand to catch his little brother embracing

Taehyung hugs him tightly “thank god your fine thank god your fine” he keep repeated

and Baekhyun smiled “I should be the one saying that!”

Taehyung left the hug and look at him “where were you we keep searching the floors and it big and have so many rooms and events and outs! And stairs then Chanyeol disappeared...”

 

Baekhyun smiled “am the owner I have access to all the floors! I wasn’t here”

 

Taehyung finally nodded understanding, “but...Baekhyun” Taehyung hesitate “why you...”

Baekhyun played with Taehyung hair “Oh! my little V! Why so sad! i wanted to make sure your safe, also I needed to find my 10 years friend” he turn to look at Suga “This is Suga”

 

Taehyung look at him with a little bow

“Yo! TaeTae I heard a lot about you! But never heard you are tall!” Suga said making them all laugh

Jimin frown “problem with short men?”

Suga shrugs “no shorty! Why?”

 

 

Baekhyun smiled at those who were having a peaceful conversation now and turn to look at the boy he met and sent alone “you okay?”

Jungkook nodded 

He tab his shoulder with “thanks for taking my message!”

Jungkook shrugs “you saved my life! That the least I can do”

Baekhyun smiled and look at Jongin after he kept his smile but turn around not talking to him.

Jongin felt anger about it and went to Baekhyun grabbing him and taking him a little far away

“Em!” Taehyung look surprised at the action, but he know the two have something

“Any one want food?” Chanyeol said out of no where taking his attention and Taehyung nodded, because he didn’t eat his breakfast nor lunch

 

 

***

 

 

Baekhyun take Jongin hand off with “what wrong with you??”

Jongin who stamped in anger “you Baekhyun! smiling laughing like you did nothing wrong!”

Baekhyun roll his eyes “and what did I did wrong!”

Jongin “seriously you don’t have anything to apologize for?”

Baekhyun shake his head “as I recall I don’t!”

Jongin look at him without moving now, he just look at him without a word

“What? Do you want me to apologize to you?” Baekhyun said in sarcasm “seriously dude! you were my best friend but also you were the first to tell the police where I was! and you want me to apologize to you? Why?”

Jongin finally spoke “i said the truth!”

“Well your truth should apologize to you then because you betrayed our friendship that day!” Baekhyun said with anger and left him, going back to his brother and the others

 

The others saw Jongin not coming this way, he left to another floor for sure

“Is he okay?” Taehyung asked

Baekhyun shrugs in anger “I don’t care!”

“Baekhyun?” Taehyung look at his brother bothered face now, he know Jongin must said something just like he said back in the Bus, he didn’t want to ask more to not make Baekhyun angry more.

 

Baekhyun, look at those around, his eyes searched for a taller one and finally seeing him he saw Chanyeol coming with many plates at once, he roll his eyes thinking he would probably drop everything, he stands and went to him with “let me help!” He take some of the plates from his arm and Chanyeol smiled at him with “thanks” but he flinched a little when Baekhyun take the last one hitting his arm

Baekhyun look daggers at him “what am a cat now?” 

Chanyeol nodded his head “probably!!”

 

But Baekhyun look at the blood in his arm “is this yours?”

Chanyeol shake his head “no Kyungsoo shot one of those when they attacked me he bled over my arm”

 

Baekhyun didn’t felt at ease “he put the plates in a near table and take Chanyeol arm opening the button of the shirt to check

“I said am fine!” Chanyeol want to take his arm off but the other plates on his other arm weren’t helping.

 

Insisting on checking Baekhyun lift up the sleeve 

 

“Oh god!”