Chapter 13 : insanity

Bus 501

Baekhyun open his eyes, he felt little pain, but it is bearable..he adjust his eyesight to the brightness in the room..

 

“How you feel?”

 

Baekhyun heard and turn his head to his side to see Taehyung there sitting next to him, he smiled to him with “you make us worried”

 

Baekhyun tried to move to a sitting position but he couldn’t, at least not alone, Taehyung helped him up, making him lean on the bed board “did you got hurt? Kyungsoo?” He asked 

 

He saw his brother shaking his head “we both fine, the crush didn’t hurt us”

 

Baekhyun look around, “where are we?” The place was a room, a one like hospital room but with fourniture

 

Taehyung smiled “in Relg city! Suga came back looking for us with his own army, he said it’a the mercenary you guys own”

 

Baekhyun smiled “yeah we have one, but it aboard, things can go crazy sometimes out there” saying the words Baekhyun remember the reason why he went there in the first place “The vaccin? Chanyeol and Jungkook!”

 

Taehyung put a sad face “am sorry”

 

Baekhyun eyes got wide open “w-what! Suga didn’t find them?” 

Taehyung shrugs “am so sorry but the cure...” before Taehyung say another word, the door got opened and Chanyeol came in, Taehyung yells “COME ON! I WAS LYING WE DIDN’T SAVE YOU!”

 

Chanyeol stand at the door dumbfounded 

 

Baekhyun reach his hand to Taehyung head hitting him playfully, “V! you scared me” he saw Chanyeol approaching him with “at least tell us he woke up Taehyung”

 

Taehyung nodded “I tell the others” he winked to Baekhyun and left the room, letting just the two there.

He saw Chanyeol taking the seat where his brother was, “thanks for coming back for us”

Baekhyun smiled “didn’t you did the same? I just pay my doubts” he saw the driver smiling 

Chanyeol, “no that different, thank you really”

 

Baekhyun nodded “no thanks, can I see your arm?”

Chanyeol raise up his sleeve, and the scratches were already healed leaving little marks, Baekhyun nodded again “it all healed, good! And nice arm muscles” he smiled with his last words and heard Chanyeol laughter while raising his other sleeve with “now better?”

 

Baekhyun shake his head with “oh god! I just regret what I said”

 

The door got opened and 5 friends of his came in, with his brother 

Suga went fast to him “man! You consumed one of my 9 lives when I saw you there”

Baekhyun put his hand in a fist “I know I could count on you”

Suga hit his fist with his own “you are hard to read you know! I mean I need the whole ride to realize that you forced me to leave because you didn’t trust the military” he look at Kyungsoo “no offense”

Kyungsoo shrugs “none taken, am all done with it anyway”

Baekhyun smiled “you are all welcome if you want to work with me”

Kyungsoo laughed with a nodded, “mercenary, well I won’t say no, they look badass”

 

Baekhyun look at Jimin and Jungkook “you two are okay?”

Jimin smiled, “never better!”

Jungkook nodded “yes thanks to you”

 

His eyes went to Jongin who was now sitting on the bed edge “did I worried you?”

Jongin shake his head with a mocking expression “of course not!”

 

Chanyeol, “didn’t you run to the bathroom when we bring Baekhyun here crying?”

 

“NO I DIDN’T”

 

The other 5 said at the same time “yes you did”

He saw Jongin huffs standing and leaving the room, Baekhyun called him but the other was long gone now, “guess he won’t come back” he look at Kyungsoo “the cure? The center city?”

 

Kyungsoo, “the military start to have copies of the cure and they start to use it, in couple of days everything will be back normal”

 

Baekhyun nodded, “well guess it over”

Taehyung, “yes finally it is, so you want to go now? It’s today you know”

 

Baekhyun smiled, well one of the reasons he came here was his mother memorial, Baekhyun nodded “yeah let’s go”

 

After he hardly change alone to a new available clothes, he called Taehyung to help him move outside, and he did, they all move outside that hospital building and Baekhyun was surprised to see none then that Bus 501 in front of the doors

 

“What! Really?”

 

He saw Suga smirking “the first place we cleared was the company” and move to him whispering “we don’t want trouble for our Hot driver with his company don’t we?”

 

Baekhyun laughed, he saw Jongin leaning on the bus “hey come and help me”

 

Jongin raise and eyebrow “you have so many to do so!”

“They are all tall” Baekhyun pouted but he saw Jongin pointing to Jimin “how is that tall?”

 

Baekhyun huffs “since when you can’t get a hint!” He saw Jongin rolling his eyes but came to him helping him walk, his legs and arm were all in bandages, maybe something is broken but since he got out, it not something big right?

 

 

They all get in that 501 Bus and Chanyeol took the steering wheel, “gentlemen” he heard him talking with his deep voice on the mic “take your seats AND put your seatbelt” he saw Chanyeol looking daggers at him while saying that, and Baekhyun couldn’t help but laugh 

 

 

***

 

 

He was standing there in front of a grave, the stone have the writtens :

 

A wife and a mother Yun ah Byun 1972-2009

 

Baekhyun felt Taehyung putting his hand on his shoulder “thanks for coming this year”

Baekhyun nodded “yeah”

Taehyung, “I heard that military general calling you by her last name? You changed it?”

Baekhyun take out a deep breath, “to never forget what I did!”

He felt Taehyung take his hand off with “let visit the other one”

 

Baekhyun look at Taehyung with a questioning look, “who died?” He said and saw all his friends now standing next another grave, he move wondering first why his father isn’t here, and second maybe the grandmother died, neither the two it must be hard for Taehyung but he is still holding it.

 

He slowly move with his brother help, to where they were and read the stone there :

 

A brother and Son : Byun Baekhyun 1992-2019

 

“What?” Baekhyun eyes got wide open “is this a joke” he turn to look at everyone but the place was empty.

 

No one was there

 

Baekhyun turn to look at the grave again with his name, His brain had many questions..

 

What the meaning of this?

Am I dreaming?

Am I dead?

Didn’t I survived the crush?

Is Taehyung okay?

Did Chanyeol and Jungkook took the cure?

What about Kyungsoo?

Is this the after life?

 

 

“So many questions yet none will get answered”

 

Baekhyun turn to look at the female voice his hearing now, “M-mother!” He said when he saw her standing there next to her grave stone, wearing a white dress a long black hair, and a very fine face like she became more younger, not the way he remember her..

 

He smiled

 

“One got answered since I can see you” Baekhyun take out a breath looking back at his grave “am dead”

 

He felt his mother now behind him, she put her arms around his shoulders and neck, and rest her head on his back “Baekhyun’aah! The place here is so beautiful, you will like it here”

Baekhyun smiled “I will since your here”

The mother, “Baekhyun’aah thanks for letting me die that day”

 

Baekhyun move his two hands up and take his mother hands on them “am sorry! I...”

The mother smiled “you shouldn’t be sorry, you protect your brother, and am happy you did”

“I should have reasoned you first! Maybe you would have listened!” Baekhyun said with a sad voice

“You knew i won’t listen! Baekhyun’aah your mother wasn’t the mother you deserved” she turned him to her direction “it’s all my fault, if you didn’t shout, I would have killed Taehyung and I would have lived in regrets when I get my sense back”

 

Baekhyun shake his head his tears start to fall from his eyes silently “am sorry!”

 

“I love you my dear son” she kissed his head and hugged him, the grave yard now start to become darker, Baekhyun look at the grace growing black, the sky turning black, everything turning black, except his mother clothes...they were shining brightly in the middle of that full darkness, 

 

The view was scary? Maybe! But his heart doesn’t feel scared, maybe because his dead and his heart stoped beating already? Or maybe he just accepted the idea of him going to hell...he hugged his mother tightly.

 

 

And death arrived...

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Taehyung open his eyes, the first he saw was Jungkook backside, the boy was sitting next to his head but looking another way, “Jungkook?” He called when he felt a headache on his head , he must had hit his head so hard. 

He saw the boy looking at him his eyes were kinda all black, he didn’t say a word, but just look at him with concern.

 

Taehyung look at his surroundings, he can clearly see the helicopter crushed “The cure!” Taehyung said standing taking the backpack Baekhyun gave him, he take out a box and inside it were those syringes, immediately took one and dig it on Jungkook leg.

 

“Aaugh!” Jungkook felt the pain from the action, but he didn’t care, he just pointed to a direction while grabbing to Taehyung jacket and shaking it continuously 

 

Taehyung look at the direction he was pointing at, he saw the helicopter, “what!” He stand running there thinking of his brother “Baekhyun!” He took a look but the helicopter was empty

 

“Taehyung”

 

He heard Kyungsoo voice, and he immediately make a turn, on that helicopter to welcome that view of Kyungsoo standing, and his Brother on the ground in Chanyeol arms “B-“ his words didn’t came out he just move there and fall next to him, he look at Chanyeol who was crying “no!” He barely said and touch Baekhyun neck to check the beating with trembling hands “no!” He said with a faint voice when he didn’t catch any pulse, looking at all the blood on the ground and on his brother face and clothes “NO BAEKHYUN WAKE UP!” He said grabbing him harshly “WAKE UP!” he even start to hit him “DON’T DO THIS TO ME WAKE UP!”

 

Kyungsoo runs to Taehyung grabbing him from the back and move him away “Taehyung” he bite his lips trying not to cry also

 

“LEAVE ME!” Taehyung cries out struggling on Kyungsoo grab wanting to go again and try to wake him “BAEKHYUN WAKE UP! IF YOU DIE I WILL KILL MYSELF! BAEKHYUN!”

 

Kyungsoo “Taehyung be sane please!”

 

 

Taehyung felt his legs failed him now, he was crying non-stop, he fall on the ground Kyungsoo still holding him from the back “p-please...” he said with sobs “...I asked you to come here...I keep insisting to come to the memorial...please don’t die...” and that when he was just crying and crying...no words no fighting no well to move at all. 

 

“Please..don’t leave me also”