Chapter 8 : safety

Bus 501

It became dark...what they can see now is just darkness, except the Bus lights that made the road in front of them visible, and some signs that have the automatic lights on, but the most are closed, everything around looks like it’s dead....

The place they were going to was not far away now a ride of 20 minutes or less and they will be there, Chanyeol saw the red signal in his Bus dashboard and huffs, “I need to fill the Bus” he said when he saw the gas is running out.

“There is a gas station 2 blocs away” Jungkook said and Chanyeol nodded continuing his way to where the other pointed.

They arrived to the place, but the entrance was blocked with some cars, Kyungsoo stands and look at the cars, “we need to remove them, let me!” He said and Chanyeol nodded opening the door for him but Jongin stands and went down with Kyungsoo with “I help” because the fast they do it the safer.

And as they planned, Kyungsoo went to one and Jongin to another, they both remove the cars one by one, making a way for the Bus to pass. Chanyeol stopped and hopped out, he look around…the place was dark and he can’t see what in the both sides, but the more his fast the more he will be safe, he move to the machine and tried to make it full gasoline for sure, to not think twice of stopping in a place like this.

 

When Kyungsoo get out of the last car he was removing, he check on Jongin “you done!” He asked when Jongin get out of the other car with “all good!”

“Let’s go back to the Bus” Kyungsoo ordered and Jongin nodded

 

But in the same time inside the Bus, Taehyung who was trying to avoid the look at the one sitting next to him, did notice something from that window side he was forcefully putting his face to it direction “what is that?”

He said gaining Jimin and Jungkook attention looking where he pointed, and in that darkness he saw a shadow, it was hard to recognize but he can swear that someone is standing there for sure, and after Taehyung spoke, they heard voices like shuffles and the bus start to move slightly left and right,

“What is this?” Jimin said

Jungkook stands fast going to the door screaming to Kyungsoo and Jongin direction “GUYS COME BACK!” But at that same time, at the exactly same time, he saw something under his feet. And when he look down he found a man peeking from under the bus door, grabbing his legs and pulled him down.

Jungkook fall from the doors to the ground, he want to stand but struggles with the hands grabbing his legs, his heart skip a beat of scared when he saw how many were now under the bus trying to pull him under it too, he tried to move back with panic because they easily were dragging him. but felt someone helping him pulling him back, “Chanyeol!”. He said when Chanyeol helped him pulling him out of those grabs while hitting the arms catching him with kicks, freely he can move now he was fast to stand and move back away from that Bus.

“THE GREEN BUTTON! CLOSE THE BUS DOOR!” Chanyeol scream when he saw one of those Changing direction from them to the open door, Taehyung runs to the button to do so but he was a little bit late and one was already half in and half out with the door midway.

Taehyung immediately start to kick him, and Jimin came to help after he snap out of the shock, trying to push him out of the Bus, but another came from outside to make it worse pushing and hitting the one midway as a maniac that want to get in no matter what!

Jimin grab Taehyung back because the press was too much on the door, he knew it won’t hold it and if they still there they will get attacked for sure.

“Oh my god oh my god!” Jimin repeated seeing the door almost oppened

 

***

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin heard Jungkook scream and start to run to the Bus but seeing the view of those who were coming from one side of the station, and sneak under the Bus made it impossible to go back to the bus, the soldier take out his gun immediately pointing at that direction where more than 20 were attacking. but truly! He didn’t know who to point to because the bullets were starting to run out, and they are too many, also the loud fire gun may get more attention to them.

“cars!” Jongin said

And Kyungsoo didn’t get it, he saw Jongin moving to a car and start the engine, the first idea he have is the boy telling him to run away, he was shocked and frizzed at his place not understanding it, till he saw him make a turn and start to hit those who were near the Bus. Kyungsoo finally getting it he run to do the same as well because who cares if they killed people now this is much more than self-defense.

 

Chanyeol saw the cars hitting those near the Bus, but two of them just made it inside moving to Taehyung and Jimin. he runs as fast as he can inside the Bus and all the way to the driver seat and click on a Button to make the backside door open “OUT!” he screamed on the two to move, and they gladly do, they went out and before the crazy two people could reach them the door got closed again.

Chanyeol look at the two who stopped at the closed door and look at him like they were pissed, if he isn’t panicked right now, he could swear they had this staring moment, even if they have a full dark black eyes, but they were like saying ‘seriously’ for him.

They both come to his way now fast and Chanyeol was faster to go down, one of them reach the door and Jump to grab Chanyeol furiously, and the other didn’t have the time because when he get down he got runover by Jongin car.

Chanyeol pushed that one from him hardly but he was using his teeth and arms and everything, like his life was depending on it and…

BANG!”

he heard the voice from Kyungsoo gun and felt the weight of that man body on him without a move, he pushed him away from him, and stand to see everyone is a dead body around, he look at everyone to see if they are okay, and they were all there standing.

 

Chanyeol turn around to a dark side of that gas station, the same way where Taehyung first doubt someone standing in the shadows, he felt a drop of rain on his cheek, but his gaze didn’t left the place,

Taehyung was the first to notice Chanyeol and he look at that same place, “what?” he heard Jimin asking but look there too,

A voice of thunder heard with a flash of lightening that made the place brighter than it should be, revealing that dark area where many of those people were standing there, more than 50 for sure and in the front and the middle of them one grabbing three dogs by chains, creepily just standing there looking, like they were observing.

The view bring fear in their hearts for sure, “inside the bus” Chanyeol whisper and they move slowly and carefully back in, and just like they let them leave, Chanyeol start that Bus engine and move out of that gas station.

The rain start to poor hardly, none of them talk about what just happened, because none of them knows what just happen, are those people start to back to their normal self? Or they just show them mercy? Why they didn’t attack? Why they were just watching them if they could all attack and make them one of them or kill them?

“Let find Baekhyun and never look back”

The words said by Kyungsoo make everyone agree for sure, they couldn’t deal with crazy people, so how they can deal with suspicious crazy people? They took the road under that rain and darkness, till they start to get near the supposed to be the company where Baekhyun head there,

“Lights!” Chanyeol said when he noticed the light trace behind those buildings, a few more blocs, and they were there, the big clover logo was all with lights shining, but not just that, for their surprised and more for Kyungsoo surprise it seems like the military base came and landed there

Soldiers were everywhere with their guns and iron border, standing ready to shout everyone came, and yes they were so many bodies around, that the Bus did step on some. “What the hell? Why everyone here?” Kyungsoo said

Chanyeol stopped the Bus because of the now pointed guns and red dots of snipers on their direction, some soldiers came near checking when Kyungsoo asked Chanyeol to open the doors for him, he went down with “guys!”

The other soldiers were surprised seeing Kyungsoo and one of them pointed to the others to low their guns “Kyungsoo! How you end up here I thought you’re in vacation”

Kyungsoo, “I was tomorrow supposed to be my last and I wanted to be at the base early!”

One of the soldiers look at the Bus “civilians?”

Kyungsoo nodded “yeah”

“any hot chick?” one other said with a tease moving inside the Bus

Kyungsoo roll his eyes “why his not dead yet?”

The soldiers laughed with each other while the other start to talk inside the bus “don’t worry people, you came to a safe place, the weather isn’t safe for the helicopter to take you out of the city, but we will give you food a place to sleep and security till the storm pass, please follow me” he said and went down.

The one in the Bus look at each other for a seconds but start to stand and going down following that soldier, finally they arrived to a safe place with normal people in it, and they sure need a rest.

Taehyung stopped near Kyungsoo “did they saw Baekhyun?” but Jungkook was fast to reply pointing to a direction “that the car he drive when we parted”

Taehyung look at a car stopped near the entrance of building, he nodded to Jungkook with a wide smile knowing that his brother made it to safety, so he automatically follow the soldier too without a question.

Chanyeol was the last one to go because one of those soldiers asked him to drive the bus inside the iron border to not disturb them with it big size while watching the place from any income, he saw Kyungsoo taking another way with his friends now, probably going to do his duty. He move with fast footsteps to reach the other 4 who were following the other soldier inside.

The place was insanely clean and screaming rich for sure, still full of soldiers but they were amazed of the decoration and everything.

“As you know this place isn’t a shelter” the soldier said “but it is the best place inside the city that can hold the army, so please accept whatever things we provide”

“Thanks” Chanyeol said and the soldier nodded with a smile standing near an elevator door, and open it “you guys stay in the 5-6-7-8-9 floors, don’t leave the place please, we don’t know what outside yet. but be assure we can protect you, so you can take a rest, and if you need anything ask the soldiers in the floors I mentioned”

Hearing the soldier words, the elevator doors got opened at the 5th floor, and the 5 were surprise to see civilians around, too many civilians in a huge place full of sheets on the ground, some sleeping some standing, some talking, no wonder he said this is the best place inside the city because it can hold the army and the survivors.

The soldier, “the food is in the next floor take the stairs, and have a nice night” with that he waited the 5 to move out the elevator and wink to them pushing the button to go down

Taehyung immediately look around with “Baekhyun is here somewhere”

Chanyeol nodded “he should, let find him”