Chapter 15 : Calling

Bus 501

The sun start raising, Chanyeol who took the driving wheel from Kyungsoo who asked for it because he felt dizzy and went to sleep beside him, saw the red sky now, yesterday had the idea that he won’t see another tomorrow, but no he is and he lived but with someone else life, everyone was sleeping now, Jungkook who took the most damage from the infection needed a sleep for sure, and Taehyung who didn’t say a word just drifted back to sleep, probably wanting to forget the hurt his heart carry right now, but truly not just him who felt hurt, Chanyeol too, this guy won’teft his mind for months at least, or maybe for years.

 

He helped him, He kissed him, he risk his life for him, and even didn’t deny he likes him, how can he forget someone did all those things in one day for him?

 

He clenched his fist on the steering wheel, but what he can do, he wish if the time can go back and didn’t get hurt or just followed his ex-girlfriend and make the Bus stuck on that village, with one decision he made, his life changed to something he never expected and will never forget, he saw the sign of the village that is now 1 kilometer away.

 

he wanted to hit the brakes because going in there means everything will end and his life should continue as normal as it was, but why he felt like something is messing? Why he desperately want from the deepest point of his heart to turn that wheel and go back there...to that city?

 

he take out an inhale and exhale and drive to the village, still that brain of him just playing games with him right now, he can’t do that and he know, he need to take those kids to safety first.

he thinks looking at Taehyung reflection in the mirror, it his brother and he sure will drive him all the way home.

 

A 15 minutes after and he was inside the village, the place was still empty, it’s still early for people to be around, he drives inside the village, he didn’t know where he should go so he just stopped in the middle, he wakes Kyungsoo first, and the other asked where are they, Chanyeol answered in the village where the bus stop because he know Kyungsoo came from the next city, and lives there just like him, “Taehyung!” He called and Taehyung woke up looking around, he know the place it’s was near his house, Taehyung know what Chanyeol wanted so he just pointed to a fat house “the one up there near the crossing path,

 

Chanyeol look and saw it up, he nodded starting the engine again and moving there, he arrived at the house, and the car movement probably woke up who was inside, the lights went on, and a man came out of the house 

 

“Taehyung is that you?” The anger voice of the old man heard “WHERE THE HELL YOU HAVE BEEN”

 

Taehyung open the door and went inside the house not replying and not doing any reaction, his face was empty his expression were wiped, Kyungsoo came out of the car, and with his military clothes the man know something isn’t good

“That Baekhyun probably put my child in trouble” Chanyeol heard the man screaming, he felt Jungkook coming to him and taking while looking at the front view, the two saw Kyungsoo explaining things smoothly to the father

 

“How much news you think he delivered like this” Jungkook ask looking at Kyungsoo 

“I don’t know” Chanyeol look back at Jungkook “where should I drive you?”

 

Jungkook shake his head “any hotel! My parents isn’t near they are in another country”

Chanyeol smiled “how about my house? I live alone”

Jungkook shake his head “it’s okay I can manage”

With that Chanyeol smiled “my house then” he look at the father and was surprised when the father start yelling

 

“He deserves it, that murderer! He could escape police but didn’t escape death AHAHAHA”

 

Chanyeol felt his heart hurt hearing the words, what did Baekhyun do to deserve all this hate from his father? Did he really killed his mother?

 

“Sir! I don’t care about your opinion but what I advice you to care about is your other son feelings, he wasn’t welling to come back so please don’t say things like these in front of him” Kyungsoo said with a very sharp voice till the man didn’t say a word “when the things well back to normal in the city I will bring the dead body for a proper funeral sir! Now if you excuse me”

 

 

Kyungsoo says in anger and came back to the car, he slam the door with “hell what a father he is happy to hear such news”

Chanyeol start the car again and make a turn, moving to the highway direction again, on the way down he saw a bakery is opened, probably preparing new bread at this early hour, “The little girl said that Jongin father own something like that right?” He pointed to a bakery 

 

Kyungsoo nodded “yeah she did! You think he arrived safely, he supposed to?”

Chanyeol stopped the car and went out with Kyungsoo, the two move near a man who was cleaning it with “excuse me!” 

 

The man look at Chanyeol at Kyungsoo then at the car giving the eyebrow attitude because they are definitely not from here “am sorry we are not open yet”

 

Chanyeol shake his head “no sir! But do you by any chance know a boy named Jongin was heading to the center city yesterday?”

 

The man look at Kyungsoo clothes his face was now scared “did anything happened to my son? Is he okay?”

Kyungsoo spoke “didn’t he come back yet?”

 

The man shake his head “no he supposed to be in the city for the next two days, did anything happened? Is he okay!” The man start to panic, the two gave that look to each other, a plane can really go more faster then a car for sure, but why the military didn’t arrived yet?

 

Kyungsoo shake his head “no sir his fine there was a fire in the building he was in but we take all the civilians to safety”

 

Chanyeol look at Kyungsoo lying, he didn’t interfere 

 

“What! Is he okay?” the man said

“Yes sir the plane probably landed on the Relg city first so your son will take some time, but make sure he will be here soon” Kyungsoo pointed at the car “if you excuse us now we need to take the last one we had home“

 

The man look at the younger one at the car and nodded with a lot of “thank you for saving my son” to them and the two went back to the car, Chanyeol drive away from there, and Kyungsoo start to get pissed “those freaking military”

 

“What going on?” Jungkook said confused 

Chanyeol, “they didn’t bring them home but why?”

Kyungsoo hit the front car in anger “I should have guessed it, they were the one firing on us they make that helicopter down, they wanted to kill everyone made contact with Baekhyun and Suga that day, because they knew the real reason, they know the gouvernement was the problem and they want to make it low”

 

Chanyeol couldn’t contain all of this at once! The military hit that helicopter? “Wait wait wait!” He said trying to slow things down “you think they killed them?”

 

Kyungsoo shake his head “I don’t know but I must go to the military base now for real”

Jungkook gasp, “your going back to the center city?”

 

Kyungsoo nodded “yeah I just need a ride”

Chanyeol shrugs “take this one, we can wait the next bus at 8 in the bus station”

Kyungsoo look at him “really?” 

Chanyeol nodded “probably no bus will go to the city now and it’s 7 hours, you can make it in 4 hours by car, do you have any problem Jungkook”

 

Jungkook shake his head a no

 

Kyungsoo smiled “thanks man, give me your phone number I will try to call you if I found them”

Chanyeol nodded and drive to the Bus station, it was empty, just 1 security guard is roaming around and he didn’t give a damn about them, the two gave the car to Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo left as fast as he can.

 

“do you think they killed them?” Jungkook asked looking at Chanyeol “they were the reason for that helicopter damage”

 

Chanyeol shrugs “I have no idea! I just hope they are fine, Taehyung isn’t in a good condition to hear another news like this”

 

“What news?”

 

The two turn to look at Taehyung standing there, Jungkook was the first to speak and go to him “what are you doing here?”

Taehyung shake his head “walking” he said looking at a direction, at the parking direction, he move all the way and stand next a Lamborghini

 

Chanyeol and Jungkook followed the boy from behind, who went to the door car and then search his pocket and find a key “he told me to fix it for him and I never lose the key”

 

The two knew that “he” is referring to Baekhyun for sure, Jungkook went and back hugged the boy “maybe we should fix it for him?”

Taehyung nodded with a soft smile, the calm of the boy was gloomy, the smile was sad,

 

Chanyeol went to check the car, well for sure it wasn’t the type he usually deal with but he think he can fix it, after he examinantes it he find the wheel is the problem, he stand and went inside the station and after 5 minutes he came back holding a new one.

 

Jungkook was surprised, “where you find that?”

Chanyeol “I work here! I know everything and we have extra parts of a lot of cars here because of the hard roads and the tourists who keep calling for help” he said while taking out the wheel and putting a new one, finishing after some minutes he smiled proudly to himself “all good”

 

Taehyung nodded going inside the car and sitting in it, he slide his hand on the wheel, he remembered the time he came here sliding those glasses and screaming the word rich from him, now where is he? In a random house dead!

 

Taehyung put his head on his hands that were on the wheel.

 

Chanyeol felt bad for the boy for sure, he look at Jungkook who lean down next the open door for him, he smiled a soft one because he know the boy have an interest on him, and if he...”Aaugh!” He screams suddenly feeling a very weird and hurtful pain in his head, Chanyeol close his eyes trying to maybe easy the pain, he lean on the car, 

 

“Are you okay?” Jungkook went panicked from the door to Chanyeol

 

 

“Aaugh!” Chanyeol felt the pain getting worse and worse like a whispers inside his head “what the...” he clenched on his head and now fall on his knees on the ground, trying to ease the pain, didn’t he had the cure? What’s going on? Why those whispers came back to him? is it trying to say something? He tried to focus on those whispers, he start to breath slowly...

 

 

military-fault-Where not gods! Neither-the brain-take-it/he/she i don’t know-control-

 

 

 

So many words he heard so many...but those whispers voices are familiar...so familiar...

 

-Just wait for me I will save you both even on my dead body-

 

Chanyeol open his eyes “Baekhyun?”

 

 

 

At that same time

 

In that same moment

 

On that random house

 

On that bed 

 

He open his eyes

 

He saw a ceiling 

 

He stand to a sitting position 

 

He look at his hand

 

He saw a necklace

 

He wanted to remember the name

 

But the barking of the three dogs in the room took his attentions

 

 

“finally you're awake!”