Chapter 12 : fall

Bus 501

Taehyung saw the mini plane start to fly up! And leaving the building, He look at Jimin and whisper “stay safe” Jimin look at him confused, but before he could ask why is he saying that! With a quick action Taehyung fast jump from the plane to the roof.

“OH MY GOD!” Jimin screams looking down, but gladly he found Taehyung fall on the very edge of that building,

 

The soldiers around came to him to see if his alright, but Taehyung just stands and run inside all the way down stairs from them to not force him on another plane just like they did to Suga, he hardly could went down because of the amount of people coming up, everyone running away from the bottom side of the building, and Taehyung make sure to look outside to see if the soldiers are holding up.

 

He was in the 20 floor now, he enters the building and went to a window, taking a look down, he saw the unpleasant view of many soldiers dead and those crazy people are pushing, the amount of them was insane, it was more then the school, more and more, like the whole city was coming here!

 

“Baekhyun” he said and run more down stairs, he found 3 soldiers running up “sir it’s dangerous down there! Please go up”

 

But Taehyung didn’t listen he just jumped from the handrail to the next stairs, skipping where those were standing

“Hey!”

He heard but keep going down, Chanyeol mentioned before that he found him at the underground floors so Baekhyun must be there, the more he gets near the more he hear those bullets clearly, the voice was scary, not just bullets bombs too. The place is a warzone at the first floor. But he sure skip it and his not stupid to go out there.

he open the door of the first underground floor to see no soldiers running, but workers with white coats ‘what?’ He asked himself when he saw normal people down here, he thought the military was down here!

 

He move between the rooms, the place was a laboratory, he tried to search fast till he saw a girl coming out of a room alone with fast footsteps “excuse me did you know where Baekhyun is?”

 

The girl didn’t stop her fast walk she look at him pass him then replied “down”

 

Taehyung hearing the word he runs back to the stairs again, and went down, but this time when he open the doors, he was facing so many soldiers, they turn pointing their guns to him, But Taehyung just raises his arms in the midway with “don’t shoot!” 

They look at him with a questioning look “sir what are you doing here? The place isn’t safe, go up with the other civilians” one said with anger expression.

 

Taehyung, “a-am looking for my brother!”

 

“Sir go up please!” The soldier move to him start pushing him back to the staircase,

“Please!” Taehyung want to resist those pushes “I need to find him” the soldier didn’t give a damn of what he was saying, he kept pushing him “NO PLEASE I NEED TO FIND MY BROTHER!” Taehyung screamed and now another soldier did help his friend and start to drag him out and up.

 

Going up again but this time with two soldiers grabbing him from his arms with force, not letting him do anything, they were strong, and also if he go back down there is too many to handle.

“Hey! you two stop! I take him from here” 

 

The two soldiers look at the one talking “you sure Kyungsoo?”

Kyungsoo nodded “yeah his a friend he will listen to me! Back to the general he need protection”

 

The two soldiers left Taehyung and seeing the boy not resisting they believe their colleague, “all yours Soo”

 

Kyungsoo take Taehyung arm and start dragging him up too “are you idiot to go down here with all those guns?” He said in frustration 

Taehyung protest hitting Kyungsoo hand stopping “I need to find Baekhyun, also what about Jungkook and the Bus driver?”

 

Kyungsoo look at him “Baekhyun will be safe! your not” He huffs “the other two I left them in the city! I don’t know but probably they already turned if Baekhyun vaccin didn’t work”

 

Taehyung raise an eyebrow “vaccin?”

Kyungsoo nodded “yes this is a scientific company! And your brother is a scientist who work on a cure, that why he can’t go with you right now!”

Taehyung just heard a lot of information that he can’t take “w-w-wait! Baekhyun trying to find a cure for this? He know what the cause of this!”

 

Kyungsoo nodded “yes so please if he know you still here he will probably will want to take you out first not finding the cure for this madness”

Taehyung was confused, he didn’t know about this? Baekhyun always talk to him from a desk, with suit, he never said his real work, and actually he never asked him too.

 

“I know I heard your voice!” 

 

The two look down at the stairs seeing Baekhyun coming up with a white coat, just like those who were around, Kyungsoo was telling the truth, “what the hell are he doing here?” Baekhyun said with a raised voice on the soldiers coming behind him, probably protecting him

“Am sure he was on that plane!” One soldier said

Baekhyun went to Taehyung touching his face “you okay?”

Taehyung nodded “I jumped from the plane am sorry I couldn’t leave you behind after I knew about Jungkook getting infected I was scared I want to see you! I want to make sure you are okay”

 

Baekhyun look at Kyungsoo “the helicopter?”

Kyungsoo, “up”

 

“Let’s go” Baekhyun take Taehyung hand and start moving down, Kyungsoo followed them behind, and Baekhyun move all the way back to the -2G floor, between those military he passed to the laboratory room where his subjects are in, “everyone time to leave!” He ordered the workers there, the workers nodded taking their stuff and start leaving.

 

The general who was standing there asked “is it ready?”

Baekhyun nodded looking at a count down of 2 minutes in a box “it must be!”

 

Taehyung saw a woman and a man inside a glass of wall room, eating food normally but their eyes were still black, the woman look at his direction and Taehyung truly couldn’t keep looking more, she was creeping him out, he saw Baekhyun waiting for the box countdown and open it after the hour went to 0 and take a test tube with a red liquid from inside the box, and give it to the general along with a tablet “here”

The general did take the test tube and the tablet “your coming with me too”

Baekhyun shake his head “no I did what I could I will take my brother to safety now”

The general refuse “no Mr.Byun I can’t let you go this easily we need to make sure this..” he pointed to the red liquid “...work fine, if yes you need to make more”

Baekhyun roll his eyes “are you serious? Any scientist can do it, I gave you the formula the gouvernement scientists should do a fine and a fast job”

 

The general look at the liquide, he nodded and went out with “let’s go!” Ordering his soldiers, The soldiers follow their general, making the place empty with just Taehyung, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo 

 

Baekhyun look at Kyungsoo “aren’t you going?”

Kyungsoo shake his head “I will make sure of your safety first!”

Baekhyun smiled “perfect”, he went to a backpack in their and start putting some stuff in it, he went to a fridge and took some automatic syringe inside it, he look at Taehyung “please listen to me this time!”

 

Taehyung look at him with a sad pout, he do want to listen but...he keep getting concern. 

Kyungsoo who noticed the syringe asked “you make more then one?”

Baekhyun nodded “i gave him the last one I made, I found the cure with the woman” Baekhyun move and open the glass door for the two inside “I just needed to make more and make him think I failed on the first ones! Sorry but no one trust military that hide the news from the world by killing people”

 

The woman and the man look at Baekhyun with a smile “I need to give the cure to Chanyeol and Jungkook” he look at Kyungsoo “just put me where you put them and leave the city with Taehyung okay?”

Taehyung shake his head “no am coming with you!”

Baekhyun shake his head continuously “no no no!” 

Kyungsoo refused too “we find them we save them and we leave with them! That finale”

Baekhyun huffs “Damn you two!!” He nodded “okay!” And give the backpack to Taehyung “take!”

 

 

Taehyung gladly wear it, Moving up to where the helicopter was, the roof was now empty, Baekhyun forget for a second that it was night outside since he was all the time down, he move to the helicopter on that rooftop, and went in with the two, Kyungsoo took the driver seat, and start the engine flying out of that building, Baekhyun helped Taehyung with the seatbelt and put his own taking the seat next to him.

 

Taehyung took a look down, the place was scary, he really wonder how does soldiers have the courage to fight those unarmed people but the quantity of them are huge, he was looking till he saw in that darkness that now lighted up with fire, the general down, “B-Baekhyun!” He called in panic when he saw an RPG pointed to them

 

Baekhyun take a look “THAT BASTARD!! take cover between the buildings”

 

“Hold!” Kyungsoo immediately play with that helicopter in the air, to move away faster and avoid the missile that pass so close to them,

 

“OH MY!” Baekhyun scream when it pass next his side window, the missile hit the building in front of them, making it hard to look down with the explosion smoke, not more time the helicopter got another hit that made it spin and spin in the air multitimes

 

“Aaagghhh!” Kyungsoo starts to shout loud trying to make it stable, the helicopter start to whistle alone and open red lights everywhere, “come on!!”

 

Taehyung grabbed on his seatbelt closing his eyes, the spinning was worse then the fears, he felt Baekhyun grabbing his hand, he didn’t open his eyes he just grabbed it like his life is depending on it, 

 

Taehyung felt the spinning stopped but the whistle didn’t stop! He open his eyes to see Baekhyun looking at him with “you okay?” Taehyung nodded and saw that Kyungsoo did stable the helicopter, 

 

“Are they tailing us?” Baekhyun said looking down, seeing a car lights on the ground, since the place was dark it was hard to recognize it if it military or not “seriously?” 

“Damn!!” Kyungsoo said “I don’t know if this can fly anymore!”

Baekhyun look at the streets “take a closed way! For them”

 

Taehyung look down too searching “there is one! On my right! Look!”

Kyungsoo take a look then a turn with the helicopter that way, and as they predicted the car take a turn but stopped because of the cars closing the way, they came out and start firing with their rifles on them “wohooow!” Kyungsoo said in a happy expression “try hard B***z”

 

Taehyung smiled at the soldier excitement, he heard him saying “the place isn’t far from here actually, it was raining I couldn’t fly higher or more”

 

The two nodded, few blocs again and now Kyungsoo wanted to move the cyclic up to land on the roof he can clearly recognize a little far in front of them, but it stucked, that control stick stucked not wanting to go up or down “OH NO!” He said in panic and the helicopter start to fall down with a ‘tiit tiit’

 

Taehyung saw the floor coming near and near “no no no” he repeated in panic

“KYUNGSOO!” Baekhyun yells, and Kyungsoo also yells replaying “ITS STUCK” trying hard to raise the cyclic up,  Baekhyun saw the helicopter need seconds to reach the ground he take off his seatbelt and move to Kyungsoo hands helping him pushing up that stuck stick, and it did but it was too late, he knew it is too late so he pushed it on the right side to make the helicopter slant right to the opposite side of the driver seat and his brother seat.

 

Taehyung saw the helicopter raised, but it was too close to the ground, in a sudden it swing to the other side and the ground hit that side hard.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Chanyeol felt headache, his vision really start to get blurry, he even keep hearing voices inside his head, voices telling him to stand and do want you want, do whatever you want, he was leaning on the Sofa, he look at Jungkook, the boy wasn’t better then him, he can see his eyes have black marks, and he is touching his head for a long time now.

 

“It’s hurt right?” He asked and Jungkook nodded.

“A..” Jungkook tried to speak but his words turn to coughs, he tried again but the words didn’t come out, he look at Chanyeol and start to catch his throat harshly, 

Chanyeol knew the boy injury was worse then his so he must be transforming faster then him, he catches his arms with “easy! easy” he said with a smile “you don’t need words I know how you feel”

 

Jungkook felt his heart race, yes he is panicking now, he couldn’t speak, he know why those were just screaming now, he was becoming one of them, he start to shake with fear, the voices in his head were screaming now, screaming to make people like them, screaming to all be one! he closed his eyes and pressed his fists on his clothes, he felt like crying now, but no tears were coming out from probably now his dry almost black eyes.

 

But he felt a hug, he open his eyes to see Chanyeol hugs him telling him “it’s okay! Your not alone, it’s okay!” And tabbing his back 

 

Jungkook didn’t felt better physically, but he did calm, he truly wasn’t alone in this, and the one beside him accepting his faith with an open heart, he smiled...

 

But that smile fade when the two heard a strange helicopter voice coming near them outside, Chanyeol look at the window direction, he stand from that sofa, but the place spins a 360 degrees on his head, trying to steady himself by grabbing on the sofa, he move to the window and open it taking a look “what?”

 

What he saw now is the same helicopter he came here with, falling down from the sky, and reaching the ground and crushed, Chanyeol run back to Jungkook, “come” he helped the other stand and happily he can still Stand, he can’t leave him alone here and he want to check if Kyungsoo is still on that helicopter.

 

 

They move all the way down, from that building to that helicopter, Chanyeol left Jungkook with “I go ahead!” And the later nodded seeing Chanyeol runs to the helicopter, he start to come near too with slow steps, trying to ignore the pain in his leg and Brain.

 

 

Chanyeol arriver to the helicopter side, he saw the left side that was now up, still unharmed, but the other side isn’t there anymore! he tried to make a way and look from the window, “TAEHYUNG!” Chanyeol called loudly when he saw the unconscious boy that was still hold by his seatbelt on his seat, Chanyeol tried to open the door and hardly he did, he grab Taehyung arm and open his seatbelt, taking him out of there and put him on the ground.

Jungkook saw the boy and his heart skip a beat, he tried to move faster but end up falling on the ground with a scream of pain, he didn’t care much now, so he just stand again and went to see if the other okay, he fall beside him, but couldn’t call he just start to hit his face, his bloody face, he must be hit his head hard.

 

 

Chanyeol in the other hand, went back to the helicopter, and saw Kyungsoo start to get back to his conscious and tried to take his seatbelt “let me help!” Chanyeol said and helping him taking it off and also coming out, he look back inside the helicopter but its empty

 

Kyungsoo fall on his knees and hands taking what going on in his surroundings, he heard Chanyeol asking “you good?” And Kyungsoo eyes went to Taehyung then look around again “Baekhyun!”

 

Chanyeol heard the name, and saw Kyungsoo Trying to stand, “the seatbelt...” he said moving back to the helicopter but fall again, Chanyeol was fast to go there and take another look, the helicopter was empty! He move around it searching and his legs failed him for seconds when he spotted the little figure body far on the ground, the hard crush must be thrown him out, he was there leaning on the ground eyes closed, glasses from the helicopter front side were all around him, and blood was all on him

 

“B-BAEKHYUN!”