Chapter 16 : Ash

Bus 501

“Finally you’re awake!”

 

He look at the person standing there leaning on the room door, one black ugly dog on his left another one that look the same on his right, and the last one move to him jumping on the bed and sits near his lap,

He move his hand and slowly reach the dog head, it wasn’t a normal one for sure, it’s was one with black eyes, uncontrolled saliva, and a heavy breath, he rubs the head of that now pet that seems extremely harmless unlike his outside looks. the dog put his head on his lap with a little whine voice like his liking it.

 

“Fascinated! What you name?”

 

He heard the one in the room asking, he look at him, blinking his eyes few times trying to remember what his name, with a hard attempts to…he finally said “Baekhyun”

 

The one standing there smirked and move to the bed, he sit on the edge, and look at Baekhyun with his black eyes, “I think I damaged your brain when I forced you to wake up, you would have take much more time and I couldn’t wait 4 hours is way long”. He moved his hand and touch Baekhyun face, “I was going to ask you so many questions, but you won’t remember anytime soon” he stand and reach his arm to Baekhyun to take it “let’s go, we have a world to feed on to stay alive”

Looking at the hand in front of him Baekhyun take it, and stand with it help, how he feel, he feel nothing? the three dogs start to play around his legs, he notice all the blood on his clothes, he raise his eyes to look at a mirror inside that room, he went to it, leaving the other arm that was grabbing him, and take a look at his face.

The reflection of the other behind now came closer to him “splendid isn’t it!” He smiled “how my genetics obeys you, I was amazed too when I felt you, when I felt a part of me trying hard to heal a body of a stranger I did not infect”

 

Baekhyun look at his face it was normal, but for a moment he thought he shouldn’t be! His black hair, his black iris, it felt so him but different in a way...he doesn’t remember, he look at the necklace in his hand, but saw that one standing behind him took it, and move it all the way to his neck putting it on for him.

 

“Maybe it will make you remember fast for me to have answers” that guy said while moving to the door and opening it “let’s move, those you called by military should be coming for us, but we will go there for them first”

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Taehyung heard Chanyeol saying the name he went out from the car and look at him “what did you just said?”

Chanyeol stopped feeling the pain, now it was all gone, the moment he recognize it, it disappeared, he stand back on his feet, he look at Taehyung and shake his head “I don’t know but I swear I just heard his voice” Taehyung anger expression now was all over his face, and Chanyeol read it like he is pranking him. he turn to Jungkook “remember when we got infected did you by chance hear anything?”

Jungkook thought about it and nodded “it was like whispers at first, but it got clear after something was talking to me” Jungkook automatically felt shivers in all of his body “it was so creepy! Like someone was there somewhere waiting me to turn”

Chanyeol nodded “I just had the same but am sure it was Baekhyun”

Taehyung huffs “and what do you mean, Baekhyun is calling for you?”

 

Chanyeol shake his head “truly! I don’t know, but...” he took a deep breath “am going back there”

Jungkook shake his head “no no! That suicidal and without meaning!”

“I know!” Chanyeol said “but...why did I just now out of nowhere heard his voice and felt like...like...his alive, no am not feeling it now actually I felt that am messing something the moment I was out of that city”

Jungkook shrugs, “I don’t know maybe the infection is still in your blood, and you are hallucinating!”

 

“Let’s go”

 

The two look at Taehyung who went to the Lamborghini and sits on the seat next the driver

 

Chanyeol shake his head while moving to Taehyung “no! No way! This is my decision I can’t risk anyone with me”

Taehyung look at Chanyeol “I shouldn’t left him alone there, I should have bring his dead body here with us, if there is any chance of what your saying is true trust me am the one who well grab that chance hopping its true, even if it a nonsense, even if it will kill me, at that time I will be glad”

 

Jungkook shake his head “guys listen to yourself you think a dead man is alive! How the hell he will come back from death?” The two others stayed silent, but Jungkook reply himself after a moment of silence “unless he wasn’t dead? Any one of you know how those people turn? I mean they could be dying for some time then wake up!”

“There was a little girl at the bus” Chanyeol said “but I just saw her already turned we were not near her at the time”

Taehyung shake his head “but Baekhyun wasn’t infected?”

Chanyeol agree with Taehyung “yeah he wasn’t for sure, am sure he would have noticed if someone hurts him it get painful as hell after and you know better”

Jungkook shake his head “I know this sounds crazy! But what if he got infected without getting hurt?”

Taehyung crosses his eyebrows “he won’t test things on himself his not stupid”

Jungkook shake his head a ‘no’ and look at Chanyeol “what if you did that to him”

 

Chanyeol pointed at himself with a huge question mark inside his brain “me? What did I...” but his brain froze for a second thinking of what happened between the two of them to transfer the virus to him “ehm...” he clear his throat and go to the driver seat, “if he did change we just need the vaccine right?”

Jungkook sign for Taehyung to give him a space to move in “you don’t think you will have the fun all by yourself don’t you?”

Taehyung look at the two confused “wait what you guys make you sure he got infected?”

Jungkook laughs getting in “with Chanyeol reaction! I guess your brother use his tongue, no wonder you like it”

“SHUT UP!” Chanyeol said loudly

And that when Taehyung gave Chanyeol the shocked look and Chanyeol start the engine feeling his cheeks start to get hot and hot, and drive with that Lambo like a Jet on the free highway

 

 

 

***

 

 

He left the village at almost 4 but now, the place was a clear view, the sun already raised and the morning arrived, Kyungsoo thought that he might find the military already on the roads cleaning the city, but the opposite, it was empty from both people with black eyes and military.

Not waiting a second he take the passage to the military base at the far east of the city, the roads were so fogy at the area, it must be because of the storm, Kyungsoo slow the car down and drive carefully, because maybe he could hit a squad of zombie like people, and his AMO won’t help at all.

If he is not mistaken the military field doors should be near now. But the more he went in the more the place gets so foggy, Kyungsoo stopped the car when he notice something flying along with that fog, he slide the window car open and take out his hand touching that fog, it was mixed with something else “ash!” he said and took his rifle that didn’t left his side, and goes down on his feet.

He move inside the fog and ash till he clearly start to see dead bodies on the ground, military and normal people, “Oh my god!” he said and went checking on some of them to find them already dead!

He move fast to the big doors in the middle of a huge wall coming from the far left and going to the far right.. he was on the military property now, but this doesn’t give him any good vibes, it’s so quiet, so much quiet then the usual

he take a peek inside the supposed to be a very large yard full of soldiers, but unfortunately the fog let him see just 5 meters around him,  he walk inside the place he is use to be in, and take the right side where the building supposed to exist, But Kyungsoo immediately stopped when he start to see some shadows

 

He put his riffle ready to shoot who ever came out, he took some steps near, but back off immediately with a panicked face when those shadows were those crazy people standing, he tried his best to back off without a single voice, because if the crazy people are standing this silently? does that means the military is also down?

He Successfully went back out of the place, he was now confused, lost, what he should do? What he supposed to do? Does anyone is still alive? the military, with all their weapons, did lost? How is that even possible? What exactly happened here on those past hours they took on the road?

Kyungsoo took a deep breath and thought about the reason why he came here, those friends of the Bus 501 of his, that old man at the bakery who kept thanking him, he took a deep breath, and decide to reach that building from the backside,

 

at least he should make sure if they were here or not, even if that 'sure' means as dead bodies