Chapter 10 : Infected

Bus 501

“Oh God!” Baekhyun was shocked looking at some little scratches on Chanyeol arm, he look around to see if any soldier is near, and finding none he just slide the sleeve down with “how did you pass the military? You need to leave this place”

 

Chanyeol didn’t say a word, he already aware of what happened to the little girl, she was injured badly that maybe why she turned, so he thought some scratches won’t hurt.

 

Baekhyun took some plates and put them on Chanyeol arm “if the military saw you they well immediately put a bullet in your head”

Chanyeol was shocked hearing the words “what? But I didn’t...” before he said the word ‘turn’ Baekhyun put his hands on his mouth.

“Well you shut up!” Baekhyun said in frustration he look around again to make sure none there and whispered, “You saw the bodies outside! Those were normal people with scratches and potential to be one of those, they wanted forcefully to come in but the military dealt with them in their own way”

Chanyeol felt the creep inside of him now, well since he got hurt he didn’t felt anything nothing changed, and maybe that what the little girl felt too! He came to realization now and he huffs unconsciously. “Damn it! Guess am dead anyways!” He smiled widely “Let eat first and think about dead after am starving”

 

With that he passed Baekhyun who wanted to protests “you..!” he roll his eyes and take the plates following him, he put the plates and give each one his, and move all the way sitting next Taehyung, he look at Chanyeol who was speaking with Suga now, and their eyes met again, Chanyeol automatically wink and Baekhyun grimaced

 

“You okay? You need to eat” Taehyung said looking concern at his brother “you keep looking at the driver, is everything okay?”

Baekhyun put a smile for his brother immediately “yeah! All fine” he play with his hair “you need to eat too! Stop getting concerned about me!”

Taehyung smiled start eating his food and Baekhyun look at Jimin who was playing with it instead of eating it, “your fine here don’t worry! Just relax you will take a helicopter back to the village tomorrow”

Jimin look at Baekhyun “I don’t know! Look at how much people here”

Baekhyun shrugs “I know! It is my helicopter after all I choose who gets in first”

Jimin smiled at Baekhyun “you make it big and rich Baekhyun Hyung!”

Baekhyun look at Jimin surprised “Wooh! Thanks for calling me that! Even V doesn’t call me that I must say you just have a permanent place in my heart!”

Jimin laughed shyly “thanks Hyung!”

And Baekhyun laughed at the cuteness of his brother friend, while Taehyung looking daggers at them, he like calling him by his name because he feel more closer like that!

Putting his spoon near his plate, “excuse me” Baekhyun said and stands

“You didn’t touch your food yet! Where are you going?” Taehyung asked

“Down! I need to see how the transportation will go I should put you guys first on the list,” He said smiling to his brother and looking at Suga

Suga protests with full mouth “we thaid we will thake a resth!”

“Okay okay!” Baekhyun lift his arms in defeated “I didn’t say anything sleep well!” With that he left

 

Taehyung saw his brother moving to the elevator way. He pouted and look at his plate “work work” he mumbled but Jungkook near him clearly heard him

“His doing this for you, no?” Jungkook said now the conversation was just between the two

“Yeah he is! Every time he sent money he keep saying the same thing” Taehyung look at Jungkook “you think he will come with me? No!”

Jungkook shrugs “you didn’t ask for it!”

Taehyung gritted his teeth in anger “because I already know he won’t and I don’t want to hear it”

Jungkook didn’t say a word, he just look at his plate well it isn’t his problem, but he don’t like it when this guy beside him angry, he is way more cute when he smile that special smile he have.

 

 

 

>>> After 30 minutes <<

 

Standing with his friends Kyungsoo heard about the dead bodies around, and what happened he was shocked but what to do, it his duty to help but also to listen to orders, wearing his plastic coat from the heavy rain that pour on his head, he was trying to keep up with his friends uncaring laughing and also watching.

 

“Hey soldier!”

 

Kyungsoo and everyone there turn to look at who called, “Baekhyun?” Kyungsoo said and move to him “why you’re outside you well get wet!” He said seeing how the boy in front of him was already soaked on the rain

Baekhyun, “it’s fine! Can I talk to you in private?”

Kyungsoo nodded “sure!” taking his gun and put it on Baekhyun head “man you’re getting like a wet chicken”

The soldiers start to “Oow” him with “have fun privately Soo we have it” - “we got your back” - “yes we may not live for tomorrow you go for it”

Kyungsoo roll his eyes when Baekhyun look at them with a laugh at their thinking

Kyungsoo, “don’t mind them!”

“Sure!”

Getting back inside, Baekhyun was already vibrating “it’s c-cold!”

Kyungsoo laughed, “Told ya! Want the problem?”

Baekhyun smiled with a fake one “you can drive a helicopter?”

Kyungsoo nodded “yes why?”

Baekhyun, “listen, I want you to take the Bus driver out of here tonight as fast as you can!”

Kyungsoo look at him confused “Why the driver? Did he?”

“I don’t know if I can trust you to keep it secret but am sure the military will kill him, they did to all of those outside and you probably already know about it”

“Wait!” Kyungsoo repeated shockingly “he got infected? Oh god! The girl turned after two hours! What if the storm took longer, he well get crazy and they will kill him for sure! And he can’t go out from here on the bus because they will ask questions and Bang! Dead!”

Baekhyun nodded “yes! That why am asking you I have my personal helicopter on top of the building if you could drive it just take him far away from here, am not asking for a long ride, but just few kilometers away!!”

Kyungsoo nodded “sure! Tell him to meet me after half an hour! I can fly out even with this weather if it a short distance”

Baekhyun nodded with a “Thank you!” leaving the place and going back all the way up, he reached the 6th floor, move to the eating-place but was empty. Thinking that they must be went to a place to sleep, he start to search for them until he reach the last civilians floor, the 9th. and find them there, he saw his brother already falling asleep with Jimin sticking on him, he smiled at the view and saw everyone else sleeping too, he move next Chanyeol trying not to bother Jungkook who was sleeping next to him, “hey!” He whisper and slowly want to wake him by shaking him “hey!” Baekhyun huffs because he can’t yell, he immediately thought how they could fall asleep this fast but then remember how much they went through, it’s not like he didn’t but first things first “Chanyeol! Wake up!” He moved putting his foot between Chanyeol and Jungkook, but froze in his place “oh no!” He said louder now and that made Chanyeol open his eyes to see Baekhyun frozen standing next his legs,

“What?”

“Shshsh!” Baekhyun shushed him and sits on his legs slowly

Chanyeol felt the weight that didn’t let him move he just helped his upper body to raise up to a sitting position and now he was literally sitting, and a wet Baekhyun sitting on his lap, he stare at that face wanting to ask him what is he doing? but couldn’t say a word because felt his heart start to beat louder when the other concentration expression went from looking to biting his lips.

He shake the weird ideas and look what Baekhyun was doing, he saw him trying to check on Jungkook leg, and his black jeans was ripped, Chanyeol immediately thought about the time the boy fall from the bus, and true his legs were scratched way more than his arm,

Baekhyun turn to look at him with an “O” he kept looking at him like it his fault and heard him whispering “anyone else?”

Chanyeol shrugs “I swear I have no idea!” he thought about it “wait Jungkook doesn’t know he could be one!”

Baekhyun shake Jungkook to wake him, and when the other start to open his eyes the first thing he saw was Baekhyun pointing for him to be quiet, Jungkook look confused at Chanyeol then at Baekhyun

“Follow me!” Baekhyun whispered and stands leaving to the stairs, Chanyeol stands with Jungkook and did as they have been told, reaching the stairs, Baekhyun kept moving up and after so many stairs Chanyeol finally asked “where are we going?”

Baekhyun stopped looking confused at him “you two should leave!”

“What?” Jungkook said confused stop following him “why?”

Baekhyun turn “because…” he hesitated “of the thing in your leg and his arm” he tried to be more reasonable

“What thing?” Jungkook look at the scratches “wait why?” he asked more confused

“Because we could be like them,” Chanyeol said “those outside”

Jungkook words didn’t reach his throat, his heart skip a beat! He kept running all the day and in the end, he will become one of those just because of some scratches “you guys joking right?”

“No we are not joking!” Baekhyun said “the military killed everyone who have I even got checked up when I came! Be glad you two didn’t get and that weird”

“Because Kyungsoo was there,” Chanyeol said, “they didn’t check after them”

 

“Where are you guys going?”

 

The three turn to look at Jongin standing there with crossed arms and a raised eyebrow

“Not your time Jongin!” Baekhyun said, “Wait you don’t have any injuries aren’t you?” he asked realizing it “Taehyung and Jimin?”

Jongin eye got wide open “you two are? How!” he said but then thought about it “at the gas station! You both interacted with those weirdos!”

Chanyeol nodded “yeah Jimin and Taehyung didn’t! Neither Jongin or Kyungsoo”

“That make it just the two of you!” Baekhyun look at the two “come on” with that he start moving to the rooftop and the two followed him, well they don’t have any options to do! Either they turn here and die by soldiers or they turn outside

 

Reaching the top Baekhyun open the gate and the wind was hard to the point the door was about to slam back on him if not for Chanyeol stopping it with his, Baekhyun who trapped between the door and Chanyeol chest from behind, look up to see Chanyeol looking down at him with a smirk “careful will you?”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and open the door, he saw the helicopter there in the middle of the rooftop, and went to it opening the door and getting in the driver seat, Chanyeol and Jungkook move in behind him, while Jongin stand near that opened door watching,

 

CODE NAME BBH04 – WELCOME ABOARD SIR!

 

The two heard the system in the helicopter talking, and the lights got open inside of it, Baekhyun turn to look at those behind “Kyungsoo will be here soon” he said and start to take out an automatic needle from his pocket, he took the cover with his teeth and take Chanyeol arm and pressed it near the scratches

“What is this?” Chanyeol asked, but he felt pain from that needle “aagh! Damn that hurt”

Baekhyun, “you want the truth? Let me tell you Suga story side, I sent him here to make sure my representative will win a deal and get a rare item in the black market, we thought it would be a very good collection to our researches here, because the rumors said it an abnormal piece, and even maybe could be from a shooting star or from outside this world!” he took another needle and did the same to Jungkook leg making him scream in pain too.

“but the idiot government interrupted” He finished and look at Chanyeol “the item end up in the wrong hands and here we are dealing with something that could be from out of this world and spread like..” he pump his fingers “like that in a day! Making some specific ones out of control and other victims, I mean if I get my hand on it first. things could have been way better! Now they did the problem and came back to my company for help with few data about it!”

Chanyeol couldn’t absorb what the other just said

“so..” Baekhyun kept speaking “…the moment I got here I was trying to find a cure and as the workaholic scientist as they called me I couldn’t find a cure that heals 100% this one reaches 80% but it better than nothing, I mean I didn’t have humans testes that didn’t reach the crazy phase! And that a good thing!” he close his eyes in anger “I know something was off when Suga didn’t leave even if he have access to the helicopter AND can drive it too!”

“wait!” Jungkook said “the government did this?”

Baekhyun laughed in sarcasm, he hopped off from the helicopter and stand next the door under that rain “why you think the signal is turned off in the city, because they wanted to contain the situation! And none outside should know till they found a cure!”

 

Meanwhile Kyungsoo came passing by Jongin and looking at him with a smile he move to the driver seat immediately and start pushing buttons,

“So are we safe?” Jungkook asked, “is this cure will work?”

 Baekhyun think about it, “emm…am sorry If I know I would let you two stay here!”

Kyungsoo look at them “cure? You found one!”

Baekhyun, “I needed testes and you will drive them away, stay alive boys!” he said moving back from the helicopter

He clenched his fist because hell he need a hot shower but he can’t, the rain make him do look like a wet chicken for sure, Baekhyun was about to reach Jongin when he stopped and turn to the helicopter again, he open the door, and the three waited him to maybe add something else..

and Baekhyun did…

He put a leg on the helicopter to come up and the other leg knee on Chanyeol chair, taking the other face in his hands and push his lips forcefully on the other kissing him, few seconds he parted seeing the shock on Chanyeol face and Baekhyun smiled “I wanted to do it with a hot Bus driver! Thanks!” he said and went fast down closing the door.

Baekhyun went next Jongin looking at the helicopter that now was start to spin the weather was worse and the helicopter making it worse, the two went inside, and look at the helicopter leaving.

“You still the same when it comes to hot boys!” Jongin said

Baekhyun smirk “I never changed! Come let leave before they knew it was us!”