Love Like No Other

Sweetest Thing
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sitting in the train seat with Irene's head leaning on her shoulder, Wendy stared at the seat in front of her almost blankly. She didn't expect to hear what Irene just said a few minutes ago.

The latter blinked multiple times and checked on Irene if she's already asleep. She sighed after discovering that she is asleep and continued with her thoughts.

What Irene really told Wendy in the park is her deepest secret. No one, nor her relatives, even knew that deep secret. Irene revealed it to her while crying messily until all her energy got drained.

"To be honest...I wanted to say this to you since the very beginning." sighed Irene while tears stream down her eyes endlessly. "Because I know that you understand me, I know that you're the right person for me. But..."

Irene paused while wiping her own tears with Wendy's handkerchief. Irene felt this irritating feeling for acting like this in front of Wendy and clutched her fist tightly and closed her eyes.

"Sshh, that's fine. Take your time," Wendy gently intoned while snaking her hands to Irene's tightly clutched fists. Hearing her words, Irene obediently calm down and looked down. "But I haven't got the courage to tell this to you.

"So, in summary, my parents discriminated and abused me since I was a young child. They even told me to act like a cheerful kid when someone's around and threatened me that they'll let me live in an orphanage."

Irene sniffed on the handkerchief while Wendy gasped softly with eyes looking a little furious.

"They act like nothing happened when a visitor is in our house and pretended to be proud of me. I hate them. I genuinely hated them for not loving and appreciating me. Eomma kept screaming at me even at my smallest mistakes, meanwhile Appa will either lock me in my room for a day or punch me if I disobeyed Eomma or if I failed my tests.

"They kept saying rude names to me like 'crazy', 'lazy', 'sensitive', 'stupid', every insulting word in the Korean language. Everyone adored my parents for having such a 'good' attitude.

"In my school days, the bullies heard my mom yelling at me behind the school in building for having low marks.  Not to mention that the language my mom is speaking is German. The bullies spread the news to everyone in school and almost everyone hated me. Some students didn't hate me but they refuse to be friends with me. During those days, I have no friends and I cried almost everyday."

Irene finally stopped crying and looked up at the sky, which is now colored in a mixture of orange and pink with the sun currently touching the horizon. People started to leave the park while both of them remained seated in the bench.

"Life was really difficult for me in the past. So I kept promising to myself that I'll be having a job in the future. I'll be having a job where I'll separate with my parents forever and where I'll never have any enemies."

"So you don't have any enemies now?"

Irene turned her head to Wendy and gave her a small smile. "I do, a little, when I haven't met you. I was still suffering the same problem before but now that I met you, you just saved my whole life." Irene chuckled a little. "You gave me the love that I need, and I felt very grateful about it.

"Now, I don't know if I could handle you leaving Switzerland. You'll be leaving in a month now."

That's the time where Wendy realized that she is in a foreign country, not Korea. She also felt the same sadness inside her but didn't show it to her girlfriend. She wanted to be strong for Irene, she wanted to fight for her, protect her. Smiling brightly at Irene, Wendy pulled her arm and gave her a warm and tight embrace.

"I'll promise that I'll visit you soon. Do you understand?" Wendy looked at Irene lovingly. Irene's eyes looked swollen and her cheeks are full of tear stains. In Wendy's eyes, Irene is still the most beautiful girl in the entire universe.

"Promise me, Wendy." Irene cried on her clothes. Wendy nodded and hugged her again. "I promise, because you're the sweetest thing in the whole universe." Wendy cupped her face and kissed her in the lips in pure passion.

 

 

"I can't believe that we're going to leave in a few days." Seulgi sighed loudly while throwing herself on the couch. "I still don't want to leave!" She whined when Wendy, who is the one preparing their breakfast, clicked her tongue and scowled at her friend.

"Then don't leave," Wendy rolled her eyes. "Anyways," Seulgi abruptly sat up on the couch, facing the TV.

"How's dating with your girlfriend?"

"Fun," Wendy shrugged. "Ya, tell me your date in detail." Seulgi turned her torso to the right to face her friend. "It's none of your business, Seul." The latter replied blankly while frying some bacon. But after a while, Wendy smiled and blushed at the memory from yesterday. "Ya, look at you! You are smiling!" Seulgi gave her a mischievous look.

Wendy's smile disappeared a second later and gazed at the bear with an expressionless face.

"Of course, everyone smiles." monotoned Wendy. She then went to the dining table and put plates on either side of it. Wendy went back to the kitchen counter, took her bacon and eggs and placed them one by one in the table.

"Come on now, let's eat." Wendy beckoned her friend when Seulgi happily skipped towards the dining table. "Ooh, bacon and eggs, huh?" Seulgi gazed at the food hungrily while her lips cutely. "Eat up, I have to visit my girlfriend later." Wendy said with a simper. "I wish I also have a girlfriend or boyfriend." Seulgi replied serenely. "You can have Joy." Wendy guffawed.

"No offense, but no way. I wouldn't want a girl like her." Seulgi crossed her arms while staring at her food. "True though," shrugged Wendy.

After eating breakfast, Wendy entered the bathroom with her phone and tried to call Irene. Irene is obviously at work and she'll probably end work at either six or seven in the evening. It took her three minutes to call her when she contacted her for the seventh time.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Irene." whispered Wendy with a beam. "How's your sleep, Irene?"

"Oh, just fine." giggled Irene. "I actually had insomnia last night." She added shyly. "Really? You should've call me!" Wendy anxiously exclaimed. "No, that's fine." Irene quickly told Wendy. "I was actually thinking about you." Irene blushed in embarrassment with her fist on near her lips.

Wendy, meanwhile, simpered and bit her lip while blushing. She just loves hearing Irene's sweet voice over and over again. "Anyways, wanna visit my house?" Irene questioned almost reluctantly. "Well, of course! I would love that." grinned Wendy, forgetting to lower her voice a little. Seulgi is also outside the bathroom door and listened to their conversation.

"Sure, take care, Wendy."

"You too, Irene. See you later,"

Wendy ended the call and went to open the door when Seulgi opened it with a childish grin. "So Irene's your girlfriend?" Seulgi asked her with a quirked brow. Wendy jumped in surprise and took a few steps away from her with eyes wide as dinner plates. "Were you listening to our conversation?" Wendy asked her, looking flustered.

"Sorry, I was just bored." Seulgi gave her an innocent smile. Wendy could feel embarrassment rise up on her chest. If only she could teleport to Irene's house without Seulgi following her.

 

 

"Seulgi already knew that we're together." Wendy rolled her eyes, leaning against the squishy couch. "Really? What did she say?" asked Irene while bringing a glass of water to Wendy. "I mean, she accepts it but I have to deal with her irksome jokes about this." Wendy took the glass of water and finished it at once.

 Irene giggled and sat beside Wendy, giving some space between them. "Um, so, what happened yesterday." The girl played with her fingers shyly. "That's fine, Irene, I understand your situation right now." Wendy gave her an endearing and sincere grin.

"Are you sure? I-I mean, I felt ashamed of myself." murmured Irene when Wendy moved a little closer to her and pecked her lips.

"I'm totally sure. And also, don't feel ashamed of yourself. This time, I'll make you happier than before." Wendy cupped Irene's right cheek lovingly, caressing it gently. "But I'm already happy, Wendy. Very happy. Thanks to you," giggled the girl.

Wendy chuckled and kissed her once again. "It's your day-off, right?" The latter asked her while holding both of her hands. "Yeah, you can also spend the day here in my house." replied Irene with a shrug.

"Anyways, I also made lunch for us. Wanna eat?"

Irene glanced at Wendy and saw her staring at her lips. Feeling a little flustered, Irene slowly inched her face away from Wendy. "W-What are you doing?" stammered Irene, her eyes wide.

"Just admiring this face of yours. You look pretty today." Wendy wiggled her brows in a cheesy way. "Stop it—"

Wendy lunged her face forwards and kissed Irene wi

Please log in to read the full chapter