Blooming Feelings

Sweetest Thing
Please log in to read the full chapter

Wendy's mind was on fire now. She doesn't know what's really happening to Irene when she heard the door open. Finally, Seulgi entered the hotel room with a dozen plastic bags on both of her arms.

"Hey, Wen, mind helping me here?" asked Seulgi as Wendy immediately stood up from the couch and helped her friend out to carry all of the plastic bags inside the room.

"How's staying with Irene?" panted Seulgi as Wendy grinned brightly. "Fine, she really likes it here." smiled Wendy, which is true. They are actually having a good conversation together in the couch.

"Good, I was worried that the hotel room isn't her type. It's kinda small though," Seulgi told her as she and Wendy brought the plastic bags on the kitchen. "Anyways, Wen," Seulgi paused as Wendy looked at her while putting the stuff in there places.

"Joy came around in the grocery store and told me to tell you this." Seulgi paused again while Wendy continued doing her business.

"She asked you if you could date with her tomorrow in the Swiss Alps." Seulgi told her as Wendy stopped. A date? With Joy?

But Wendy doesn't like Joy in the very beginning. "W-Well, sure!" Wendy smiled at Seulgi with hesitance. Seulgi quirked her brow at her, looking at her friend with suspicious eyes.

"Do you really want to date with Joy?" asked Seulgi as Wendy nodded furiously with another bright but fake smile. "Of course!" Wendy chuckled as she scratched her head. Seulgi sighed and crossed her arms, now looking at her friend with a serious look.

Wendy dropped her fake, bright smile and sighed heavily.

"Fine, I don't want to date with her." confessed Wendy as Seulgi tapped her foot on the ground, still looking at her friend with a serious gaze.

"Alright," shrugged the bear as she continued her job by folding the plastic bags. Wendy went near her ear and whispered, "You don't like her?"

Seulgi stopped folding the plastic bags and nodded eagerly. Wendy got a little shock at the answer. "Well, I don't like her because she's quite arrogant. I don't like on how the way she speak and act to other people." whispered Seulgi as she took the last plastic bag and folded it.

"Especially to Irene," added Seulgi as Wendy gasped incredulously but softly.

"Really?" asked Wendy as Seulgi nodded coolly. "Don't you notice while Irene is touring us around Lake Zurich? She really hates Irene. Like real hatred," Seulgi lowered her voice a little more, making sure Irene won't hear them.

"But why?" asked Wendy as Seulgi shrugged. "I'm not exactly sure but maybe because she's jealous." Seulgi murmured as Irene suddenly came in the kitchen.

"Morning," Irene cutely yawned as the two looked at the bunny and gave her a beam. "How's your sleep?" asked Wendy as Irene rubbed her eyes while giving her a thumbs up.

"Fine," replied Irene as she opened the fridge and took the milk. "I'll be having some of your milk, alright?" said Irene as they both nodded before turning their backs at her. "You know what? Let's just fix these stuff first." Seulgi whispered as Wendy nodded and said, "You're right," before doing their business.
 

 

After fixing the stuff in the kitchen, Irene cooked some seaweed soup for the three of them while Seulgi is doing the laundry in the laundry room. Meanwhile, Wendy was just staring at Irene's back with a dreamy gaze.

"You know how to cook?" asked Wendy as Irene looked over her shoulder and chuckled.

"Yup, I learned them from my co-workers in my restaurant." answered Irene as Wendy leaned against her chair and crossed her arms.

"How many years have you been working in that restaurant?" asked Wendy as silence took over the atmosphere when Irene finally spoke. "14 years already," replied Irene as she turned the stove off.

"You've been working there for so long already." Wendy looked at her in awe while Irene took the pot in the table with a small smile.

"Well, yeah. I started working at the age of sixteen." said Irene as she sat beside Wendy while releasing a loud sigh. "Really? Why?" asked Wendy as Irene looked at her in the eye for a while, not saying a single word.

Wendy stared back at her, waiting for an answer while looking at her fervently.

"Well, it's because my parents..." Irene's voice suddenly softens while she looked down at her fingers nervously.

Wendy has never seen this side of her. Seeing this side of Irene made her feel something weird inside her stomach. Irene still didn't answered the question and looked at the area with a panicked look.

The latter continued to stare at Irene and observed every action she did. "I-I'm starting to feel hungry." Irene suddenly changed the topic. Wendy raised her brow a little while Irene abruptly stood up from her place and jogged to the kitchen counter.

She bent down under the counter, opened the cabinet doors and took three plates with three stainless spoons.

"Can we eat now? I think Seulgi is also feeling hungry." said Irene as she sat back down on her chair. "Can you ask Seulgi?" questioned Irene. Wendy nodded immediately before standing up from her chair and walked towards the laundry room.

"Seul?" Wendy called Seulgi as the bear showed up in the laundry room, looking very sweaty with her ponytail. "What's up?" asked Seulgi as she took the cloth hanging on her shoulder and use it to wipe her sweat off.

"Wanna eat now? Irene is waiting for us." said Wendy as Seulgi nodded with a grin.

"Of course! Go ahead, I'll be coming." Seulgi smiled briskly as Wendy nodded and went out of the laundry room.

"Seulgi's coming," Wendy said as Irene nodded with pursed lips and sat patiently on her place.

"I'm here now! Let's eat!" Seulgi beamed at the both of them as she looked at her. "Finally! You're here!" chirped Irene, back to her cheerful self. "What's this? Seaweed soup?" asked Seulgi as Irene nodded.

"Irene made this for us," smiled Wendy as Seulgi nodded happily. "I didn't know that you know how to cook." Seulgi told her in amazement. Irene giggled while Seulgi sat on her seat.

As they all scooped some seaweed soup on their bowls, Seulgi looked at the both of them and opened to speak.

"Tomorrow, we'll be going to the Alps. Are you two ready for the trip tomorrow?" Seulgi asked them curiously as Wendy and Irene simultaneously nodded.

"Yup! I got my stuff ready for tomorrow." grinned Wendy. "Me too!" bubbled Irene as Seulgi smiled. "Good! Anyways, Joy told me that she'll drive for us again." Seulgi was about to continue talking when she paused to examine their reactions. Both Wendy and Irene frowned at the sound of her name.

Seulgi gave Irene a bewildered look and crossed her arms.

"Wait a second, you don't like her also?" asked Seulgi as Irene nodded. "Of course! She looks at me like I'm a piece of filthy trash." Irene coolly shrugged.

"Well, I do agree." Wendy said as Seulgi nodded in agreement also. "Alright, so," added Seulgi. "I told her that we'll ride through train instead because it is the fastest way to travel from here to the Alps." chatted Seulgi in one breath, which made her pant a little.

"And?" asked Irene. "What was Joy's reaction?" questioned Wendy as Seulgi sighed.

"She insists though. So I be like 'Fine, then you have to travel through car by your own.'" Seulgi sassily said as both of them laughed and cackled.

"Woah, did you really said that to her?" Wendy asked as she and Irene continued to cackle. "I do tell her that but not in that manner, of course." chuckled Seulgi as she shook her head with a chortle.

"Anyways, we'll be waking up at 5 in the morning." Seulgi told them sternly as both of them started whining like kids.

"What?" complained Irene as Wendy pouted grumpily. Seulgi rolled her eyes and took her empty bowl while standing up from her chair.

Please log in to read the full chapter