Taking Her Number

Sweetest Thing
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Wen, wake up now."

Once Wendy opened her eyes, she noticed that she was sprawled in the bed, her limbs spread on the mattress. She groaned a little as she slowly stood up from bed and walked towards the kitchen for breakfast.

She now has dark eye bags under her eyes and she still felt a little drowsy after thinking about the waitress for hours.

After she sat opposite her friend on the dining table, Seulgi took a quick glimpse of the hamster and giggled. "Still sleepy, huh?" said Seulgi while she started to eat her bowl full of ramen.

Wendy nodded while rubbing her eyes. Then the latter took the chopsticks beside her bowl and started eating up the ramen.

The two of them have finished eating their ramen when they heard the doorbell ring. Then the two looked at each other in the eye. They narrowed their eyes and stared at each other for a while. Suddenly, they took their bowl, stood up from their place and ran to the sink. Wendy quickly put hers in the sink and cackled at Seulgi who puts her bowl last in the sink. "You'll be the one to wash the plates! Ha!" goaded the hamster as she and Seulgi laughed together. "Fine, but let me open the door." Seulgi told Wendy as she walked to the door.

"I'll be in the bathroom, alright?" said Wendy as she walked towards the bedroom to get her clothes. Seulgi nodded without looking at her friend and opened the door. "Hey, Seul." waved Joy with a beam.

Seulgi grinned and waved back. "Hello! Come in!" chirped Seulgi as she and Joy went inside the hotel room.

"How's visiting a restaurant yesterday?" asked Joy as she sat on the couch while Seulgi went straight to the kitchen to wash the dishes.

"It was great! Wendy was also enjoying the restaurant's food!" Seulgi said in a cheery voice. "Where are you going next, Seul?" asked Joy as she examined her newly polished nails. "Umm, maybe in Lake Zurich." answered Seulgi when Wendy went to the living room. "Hey, Wendy." Joy greeted Wendy excitedly, which startle the hamster a little.

The latter looked at the woman and gave her a reluctant smile. "H-Hey," responded Wendy before she quickly jogged towards the kitchen to give Seulgi a cup to wash.

Seulgi took the cup from the hamster when Wendy gave her a curious look. "Why is Joy here?" whispered Wendy, making sure to not let Joy hear her. The bear glanced at Wendy and shrugged. "Maybe she thought that we're going somewhere today. But the one that I was planning, yes, Lake Zurich, was supposed to be tomorrow." explained Seulgi as she washed her hands after washing the dishes.

Wendy then turned her head a little to have a peek of the woman. Joy was actually busy looking at herself in her mirror.

The latter sighed and gave her friend a small nod before walking back to the living room.

She was about to go back inside the bedroom when Joy suddenly called her. "Wendy," called the lady.

Wendy ignored her at first but when Joy called her again with a stern and ice cold voice. "Wendy," repeated Joy, her voice now colder than usual. The latter then turned her body and looked at Joy with calm eyes. "Yes?" responded Wendy as she slowly crossed her arms. "Do you have a boyfriend? Or maybe a girlfriend?" quizzed Joy as she stared at the latter intently. Wendy could feel a wave of shivers on her back and gulped nervously.

She honestly don't want to date her. But what is she answered no? She'll probably be dead. She immediately broke the eye contact because she couldn't held it any longer.

"I said do you have a boyfriend of girlfriend?" Joy started to raise her voice a  little, desperate for Wendy's answer.

Wendy flinched a little and sighed. "What do you think?" shrugged the latter as she walked away from the woman. Joy rolled her eyes and sat on the couch grumpily.

-

After taking a bath, she went back to the living to check if the woman was still there. Unfortunately, Joy was still there, giving her a mischievous smirk on her flawless face. The latter sighed silently and went straight to the kitchen without even looking at the lady.

Joy then frowned after realizing Wendy wasn't staring nor looking at her. Seulgi, who is busy telling her a story, stopped talking and tilted her head.

"Are you listening?" asked the bear with an innocent gaze. Joy turned her head at her and nodded with a beam. "Of course! What happened next?" asked Joy as Seulgi grinned and continued the story.

Meanwhile, inside the kitchen,  Wendy was opening the fridge in the far corner of the small area and took a carton full of milk. She then walked towards the brown counter, located in the right of the fridge, and took a glass bowl and a spoon from the cabinet under it. Wendy poured the milk in the bowl while rubbing her eyes.

When will she ever see her again? Can she go now? Wendy then stopped pouring the milk and puts the carton on the counter, leaving it open.

She took the cap of the carton and subconsciously fiddle with it, thinking what will happen—

*ding dong*

She suddenly heard the doorbell ring. She then puts the cap back on the carton and ran towards the living room to see who it is.

"Hello! Is Wendy here?" says the adorable and radiant voice from the entrance. Seulgi seem to be blocking the person but Wendy didn't bother to keep on watching. "Wendy? Oh, she's here." replied the bear while giving the person a grin.

Seulgi then turned her body towards the kitchen and called Wendy. The hamster slowly walked out of the kitchen and check on who the person is. Then her eyes suddenly widened at the sight.

"Irene?"  Wendy thought as the

Please log in to read the full chapter