Eyes That Don't Lie

Sweetest Thing
Please log in to read the full chapter

In the first day of April, Seulgi and Wendy are packing their stuff for the trip back to the Swiss Alps. Yesterday, Irene already left an hour later after their conversation about Seulgi's advices on how to talk to your crush, which made Wendy a little upset but immediately brighten after seeing Tteokbokki at breakfast.

"Thanks for making me these, Seul." Wendy softly thanked her as she took her chopsticks and ate a piece of Tteokbokki. Seulgi giggled and nodded happily. "You're welcome, I've your depressed face after Irene left the hotel." chuckled the bear.

Wendy blushed and giggled awkwardly. "Stop it," murmured the latter as she continued to eat her Tteokbokki.

"Irene isn't going back to Korea, Wen. She'll just go back home." Seulgi reminded her while Wendy gave her a scowl. "Ya, stop it." said Wendy gravely, which made the bear shrug.

"I'm sorry, I just couldn't move on from that face of yours." Seulgi snorted a little, trying to hold her laughter.

That even made Wendy angrier. She let go of her chopsticks and clenched her fists tightly while taking a deep breath. Seulgi didn't even seem to be bothered, which is a relief to Wendy. Why is she this angry?

What Seulgi is saying is honestly true because she felt stupid after the moment Irene left. The latter closed her eyes and tried remove her anger from herself. She's been having mood swings after waking up in the morning.

She opened her eyes and looked up at Seulgi. "So, what part of the Swiss Alps are we going next?" asked Wendy, her fists still clenched tightly and glaring at her friend a little. "We're going to the Jungfrau region, why?" Seulgi looked at her in the eye innocently, still oblivious. Wendy sighed and crossed her arms. "Nothing, just curious." Wendy smiled a little before eating her Tteokbokki.


 

After eating breakfast, Wendy and Seulgi went back inside the bedroom and checked their stuff if it's complete. While doing it, Wendy sat on the bed from the vanity table and lied down at the bed while letting out a loud sigh.

"Does Irene know that we're going back to the Swiss Alps?"

Seulgi glanced at her friend while searching something on the vanity table. "Well, yes. I also told her that Joy isn't coming, which made her happier than ever." answered Seulgi when she gasped. "Found it! I've been finding you for so long!" exclaimed the bear while kissing her favorite lipstick.

Wendy shook her head with a chortle and looked up at the white ceiling with a contented smile.

Looking up at the ceiling already made Wendy smile for no reason. But she smiled because she could imagine Irene being the happiest girl in the world. She thought that its adorable and hugged Manen, her cheeks flushing.

After packing their stuff, they went out of the hotel and stood in front of the entrance to wait for Irene.

While waiting, Wendy couldn't stop on asking questions about Irene. Seulgi did answer her questions but not all. She'll ignore the other questions, which made Wendy upset.

"You already asked me the same questions again and again, Wen." Seulgi sighed irritably. The latter pursed her lips and stood still, her hands behind her back. She took quick glimpses at Seulgi and wanting to ask another question but stopped herself after seeing Seulgi angry.

She pouted cutely when she saw Irene walking towards them. Seulgi looked at the girl's direction and waved her hand from afar. "Hey, Irene!" grinned Seulgi as she waved her hand violently in the air.

Irene saw her hand and ran to them with a beam. Irene is wearing a checkered, blue and white, skirt, tucked in a plain, pink shirt and a cotton-made, beige jacket. Wendy turned her back from Irene and fixed her hair and outfit before turning to her again. "Hey! Are you guys ready for the trip?" asked Irene while beaming at both of them.

Seulgi nodded excitedly as they both turned their heads at Wendy, who is sweating badly. "Of course! I'm always ready!" Wendy grinned awkwardly.

She expect Irene to give her a slightly grimaced look but instead, she received the most beautiful smile from her. "Good," replied Irene as she shyly looked down while tucking her hair at the back of her ear.

Wendy held her breath and tried not to scream when Seulgi noticed her and stomped her foot.

"Anyways, let's go and take a train. It'll take us two or three hours to travel though." Irene reminded them as they started to walk by the side walk to the train station. "How's sleeping?" Wendy asked her, trying to catch up. Irene looked at her and gave her a small smile. "It's great," answered Irene while Wendy shyly scratched her nape.

"Really?"

"Yeah,"

Wendy now felt more confidence in her as she continued to talk to Irene with a happy smile on her face. They're having a fun conversation when they heard Seulgi clearing .

They paused and both looked at Seulgi. "I'm also here," She grinned brightly as she went between them. Wendy looked taken aback when she nudged her elbow onto her arm. "Ya," Wendy whispered in her ear with a pout.

Seulgi ignored her and continued her conversation with Irene while laughing and giggling.

Afterwards, they finally arrived on Zurich's main station. As they entered the train with their stuff, all three of them stopped and stared at each other. They noticed that there is two chairs together while the third chair is apart from them. Irene sighed and pointed the third chair.

"I'll sit here—"

"No, I'll sit there." Seulgi stopped her while giving her a smile, showing her crescent-shaped eye smile. Irene shook her head and smiled sincerely. "No, that's fine. Sit with Wendy," Irene told her with an awkward smile. Meanwhile, Wendy is already sitting on one of the two seats and keep making eye contact with Seulgi, hoping she could make Irene sit with her.

Seulgi shook her head and pointed Wendy. "You sit with her, Irene. I'm fine, I'm tired of hearing her snore." said Seulgi as she chuckled.

Wendy's eyes widened and mouthed: "Kang Seulgi!"

"Are you sure?" Irene tentatively asked while the bear nodded calmly. "Yes, I am." Seulgi smiled as she leaned onto the chair and relax. Irene then release a sigh and slowly sat beside Wendy.

"So..." Irene looked around the area with nervous eyes. "Is it your first time riding a train?" questioned the girl.

Wendy cutely pursed her lips and slowly nodded. "Yup, my very first time." responded Wendy while giving Irene a beam. Irene shyly smiled back as she tried to hide her face using her hair. Wendy tilted her head and gently tucked some of her hair to the back of her ear.

Irene jumped a little at Wendy's sudden actions but let her be, not even stopping her. "Why are you covering your face?" Wendy asked her softly, her arms crossed. Irene could feel her cheeks hot and cleared .

"U-Ugh, nothing." She nervously replied. Wendy looked at her and tried to look at Irene in the eye, even in just under a second. But Irene keep on avoiding it.

Wendy breathed as she leaned against the chair. She felt her heart pounce aggressively inside her chest with an indefinite mix of emotions.

"Anyways, have you already gone to the Jungfrau region of the Swiss Alps?"

Irene nodded without even making eye contact with her. "Yeah, I've been there many times." She replied with a slightly shaky voice. Wendy wanted to giggle at her cuteness but stopped herself.

Their conversation stopped once again after the train started to move. All of the passengers are already seated and most of them are asleep after a few minutes of travelling. The train went through a lot of tunnels, which made Irene and Wendy lethargic.

Wendy closed her eyes and was about to fall asleep when she felt a weight on her shoulder.

She shook her head a little and looked to her left to see Irene's head gently touching her shoulder. The girl's head bobbed a little as the train moved and Wendy watched her with a small smile. The latter slowly moved a little closer to Irene and let her head fall on her shoulder. It took Irene 5 minutes to finally rest her head on Wendy's shoulder.

As soon as she felt her head touched her shoulder completely, Wendy closed her eyes sleepily and smiled, feeling satisfied on herself.

She slowly and carefully turned her head, making sure to not wake Irene up, and checked on the girl. Irene seems more relaxed when she's leaning on Wendy's shoulder. Wendy sigh

Please log in to read the full chapter