The New Secretary

Sweetest Thing
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Wendy?"

Wendy was making her report when she heard someone calling her name. She stopped typing and craned her neck to see above her desk full of documents and papers. She then got up from her seat and looked around the area on who called her.

Then she saw a girl with short, dark brown hair who is standing somewhere near the exit, raised her hand up in the air and waved it to get her attention. Wendy found the caller and jogged to her hastily.

"Yes?" The latter asked, looking at her friend curiously. "The CEO is calling you. I think he'll give you another report." Sejeong told Wendy in a gentle voice. Wendy gave her a fervent nod before leaving the office. "Alright then. Thanks for telling me, Sejeong." Wendy gave her friend a cordial smile before heading to the CEO's office.

"Yes, boss?" Wendy entered the office before sitting on the chair in front of the CEO's desk. "So, Wendy, here is the other report that you'll have to make." The man placed the folder near Wendy.

She took the file and opened it, reading the information inside.

"So you'll have to give me that report next month." The CEO clasped his hands together while gazing at his secretary patiently. Closing the folder, Wendy glanced at him and nodded politely. "Alright, sir! It's easy, anyways." The girl smiled genuinely at him when the CEO chuckled gleefully. "Well, you'll have to make that now, Son Wendy. I still have a meeting in a few minutes now." He told the girl, looking at his newly bought watch.

"Okay then! See you, sir!" Wendy got up from the chair before giving the CEO a big bow. The man gave her a small nod when the latter exited the office excitedly.

As she arrived back in her desk, she puts the folder into her file container in the right corner of her desk. Sitting on her chair, she starts to stretch and pop her fingers to warm them up before typing. "Alright..." Wendy gazed at her keyboard with her eyes narrowed, her fingers ready to type on it. "Oh wait! I should write it in my sticky notes! Well, I'm quite of a forgetful person." The latter murmured as she took her small sticky notes under her desk.

Taking one piece, she wrote the reports that she's going to do and wrote the deadline beside those reports.

After, she sticks the note on one of the walls on her desk with a grin. "Done! I hope I could finish these reports in time." chirped Wendy, releasing a satisfied but tired sigh.

 

 

Night now arrived in the whole city of Seoul and Wendy arrived in her house with a loud, shuddering sigh. She dropped her bag and shoes near the door and went straight to the sofa, throwing herself there and closed her eyes.

She then stretched her arms and legs, letting her blood inside her body flow freely in her veins since she sat on her chair for hours. After stretching for a while laying down on her couch, she stood up and took her bag that is placed on the floor.

"I must continue my report though. But I wanna rest." Wendy sighed in exasperation while rubbing her tired and sleepy eyes.

The latter glanced at her bag near the door sighed. "Oh well, a few steps won't hurt." Wendy merely shrugged before getting up from her couch slowly and picking the bag up. After taking her bag, she walked in her room with a huge yawn.

As she enters her room, she puts her bag on her bed and opens it, trying to find the file. She found the file in her bag and took it, opening the file after. "Hmm, I should search more information about this." Wendy spoke as she walked towards her messy desk. She looked at her desk and grimaced at the sight. There are many pieces of paper scattered on her desk and her pencils and pens aren't even kept on the right places. There also a few notebooks placed carelessly in it. Wendy is been staring at her desk for a while when she suddenly felt a little pain in her head. The latter sighed in a tired tone once again and massaged her forehead with her eyes tightly closed.

"Gosh, I have to clean my desk..." Wendy whispered in a hushed tone and cleaned her desk. She took all the paper that are scattered on her desk and gathered them in her hands. Then she puts them under the table and took both pencil holders and took out all of the pens and pencils that are mixed. Well, since Wendy's a clean person, she sorts her pencils and pens and seperate them in different pencil holders.

But since she has a lot of work to do, that's the time where she'll be a careless girl and just messed her whole room. After sorting her pens and pencils, Wendy then took the notebooks that are laying down on the desk and puts them on her bookshelf that is painted with a bright shade of red and are full of books. Then after, she looked at her desk and frowned when there are paint and coffee stains in it. Wendy roamed her eyes around the whole room and saw a grey cloth that is displayed on the top of her bed's head cover. So she took it and went inside the bathroom to use it for cleaning the stains in her desk.



 

Then after cleaning her desk, she took her laptop that is placed on her bed and puts it on her desk with the file. The girl then sat on her chair and opened her laptop and the file. Wendy was about to search some information about the report when she heard her phone ring from inside her bag that is placed beside her. Wendy looked at her bag and took her phone then looked at the caller ID.

She answers the call and cleared . "Hello? Seul?" Wendy spoke as she looked at her laptop and started to search some information in there. "Hey, Wen! Wanna go out and have some coffee?" Seulgi, Wendy's best friend, asked her friend who is busy on her report. Then Wendy puffed her cheeks cutely. "I'm sorry, Seul. I can't," The latter replied with a small pout and then reviewed the file again. "Why?" Seulgi asked as she crossed her arms while sitting on the chair. Her friend is actually inside a cafe, waiting for her to come. "The CEO gave me another report and it has to be submitted next month. I'm really sorry, Seul."

Please log in to read the full chapter