Hidden Jealousy

Sweetest Thing
Please log in to read the full chapter

Snoring and soft breathing could only be heard inside the car. Joy looked at all of them through the driving mirror and rolled her eyes.

"Gosh, they look like idiots." Joy sighed as she stared at Wendy who is snoring. "Except you, of course." Joy giggled softly as she went back to driving. Meanwhile, Irene opened her eyes and looked around the car. "Ugh, we're still here in the Pass?" Irene hissed softly as she looked out of the window.

She then sighed to avoid stress and looked at her left to see Wendy sound asleep.

Irene could feel a jolt of electricity on her back as she looks at her. She also felt her heart beating fast. While staring at her with dreamy eyes, she slowly inch closer to her. Irene made sure to be careful since Joy has keen eyes on her.

The girl stopped as her leg touched Wendy's leg. The latter flinched at the touch, which made Irene panic a little. But, luckily, Wendy didn't even opened her eyes and turned her head towards Irene.

The bunny sighed in relief and continued to stare at her. "You're adorable," Irene whispered as she subconsciously leaned her face closer to her.

"You're such a humble little kid in preschool. If only I met you in that age." Irene giggled softly as she continued to stare at Wendy's face. Irene closed her eyes and was about to kiss Wendy when she heard Wendy groan softly.

She opened her eyes and quickly went back to her usual place and watched Wendy slowly opening her eyes. The latter yawned and looked out of the window.

Irene also looked out of the window and blushed furiously. She has the desire to slap herself physically but all she could do now is doing it mentally.

'Gosh, what's up with you?!' Irene thought as she clicked her tongue softly. Wendy turned her head at Irene and lightly touched her hand, causing her to gasp softly in surprise.

"You startled me," Irene told her as Wendy giggled silently and apologized to her.

"Sorry, I was just bored." Wendy grinned as Irene shook her head.

"Just asleep, I know that you're worn out because of that git." Irene whispered as Wendy snorted, trying not to laugh. Irene sighed and giggled.

"That's true and I mean it." Irene smirked as Wendy nodded exaggeratedly in agreement.

"Same," The latter replied as Seulgi turned her head at them.

"Do you guys have any snacks? I'm starting to get hungry." Seulgi pouted cutely as Irene took a bag of chips inside her backpack. "Here," Irene offered the bag to Seulgi with a smile while Wendy looked at the bunny in disbelief.

"You have snacks?" Wendy asked her as Irene nodded coolly. "Yeah, why?" Irene asked her as Wendy snatched the bag of chips from Seulgi.

"I was starving to death." Wendy responded as she quickly opened the bag and started to get several pieces of chips. Seulgi whined like a kid and tried to steal the chips from Wendy when the hamster refused to give her some.

"Ya, Son Seungwan, we'll never be friends if you would not give me some." Seulgi told Wendy as the latter just shrugged.

"Sure, I prefer food more than you." Wendy teased with a calm expression as Seulgi sighed angrily. "Such a greedy hamster," The bear mumbled as Irene chuckled and gave Wendy a loving gaze.

"Eat up then," Irene chuckled as Wendy finished half of the bag and gave it to her friend.

Seulgi looked inside and pouted sadly. "Most of these are crumbs!" whined Seulgi as Joy glanced at Seulgi and rolled her eyes.

"Just eat it," Joy sighed in exasperation, which made all of them silent. Seulgi got taken aback by her words and quietly ate the remaining chips.

Irene and Wendy looked at each other and giggled. Wendy looked out of the window of the car when her phone rang.

She took it from the pocket of her jeans and opened it to see a message from Irene.

The latter looked at Irene in slight confusion while Irene signed her to read it. Wendy clicked the notification and read the message:

Irene: Can we talk through our phones instead? I don't want Joy to eavesdrop our conversation.

Wendy smiled at the screen and send a reply: 'Sure'

The girl beamed at her and began to type. 

Irene: Could you stay in my house by any chance? I mean, you can also invite Seulgi if you want.

Wendy: That sounds cool! I'll tell Seulgi as soon as we arrive on our house.

Both of them turned their heads at each other and smile happily before looking at their phones.

Wendy: Anyways, speaking of that, are you going home after we arrive in the hotel?

Irene reads the message and bit her lip. She honestly didn't want to go home and she wanted to stay with Wendy.

AND Seulgi, of course. The idea of coming back to her own house just upsets her. She's been alone there for years and her friends haven't visited the house even once.

She wanted to tell Wendy if she could live with her and Seulgi but she's too shy to do so. Irene also thought that it would be a little awkward.

Realizing that she is zoning out for too long, she shook her head and looked at her phone, trying to think of an answer.

Irene: Well, I think so.

Wendy: Oh...ok then. But I'll keep my promise to visit your house.

Irene: Thanks, Wendy.

Wendy closed her phone and gave Irene an endearing smile, making the bunny to feel a little sheepish.

Please log in to read the full chapter