A Wrong Decision

Sweetest Thing
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Park Chanyeol!" Chanyeol suddenly heard Juyeon calling him from the hallway. Chanyeol is actually standing in the middle of the hallway, trying to call Juyeon.

So then the girl smiled at him for a while and ran to him. "Ya, what are you doing in the middle of the hallway? You're blocking the way." scolded Juyeon with a pout. "Well, I was about to call you, Juyeon. But now you're here, let's go hang out in the mall." grinned Chanyeol as he and Juyeon giggled. "Are you sure? Didn't you want to rest in your place for a moment?" The girl asked while the assistant shook his head.

"That's fine. I don't even work that much because I took a break with my sunbae." replied the man as they walked towards the elevator of the building. Meanwhile, in the corner of the hallway, Wendy stared at them with sad eyes, hugging her stuff as it was a teddy bear.

She doesn't really know what she's feeling and is now zoning out. She almost blocked the way when her friend came to her.

"Hey, Wen. Got a little tired from today's work." yawned the bear as she stretched her arms while rubbing her sleepy eyes. "Wanna go somewhere else?" Seulgi asked her while the secretary shook her head. "Ugh, no thanks. I'm fine," replied Wendy. "Then what would you want to do?" asked Seulgi as she came closer to her and placed her arm around her friend's neck. "Nothing, I just want to rest." Wendy gave her a small but gloomy smile and walked away, leaving her friend confused at her actions. "Ya, Son Wendy, what's up with you?" The bear asked as she followed her friend while asking a ton of questions.

 

 

It's already 6:47 PM and the two are currently inside the taxi to go to their own homes. Well, it isn't a peaceful ride to Wendy's house because Seulgi couldn't stop asking her questions.

"What happened?"

"Will tell me?"

"Ya, why are you sad today?"

"Why aren't you answering me?"

"Did something happened?"

"SHUT IT!" Wendy whispered loudly(if that makes sense) while giving her friend a deadly glare. That's when Seulgi finally stopped talking and asking questions to her, feeling at ease. "Sorry..." apologized Seulgi in a soft voice, making sure to not let the taxi driver hear them.

"Wen,--"

"I said, shut it." sighed the secretary as she crossed her arms and looked at the window with a frown. "Alright, alright," said the bear grumpily while she cutely pouted. "I'm just concerned about you, Wen. I just wanna know what happened to you and why you're looking gloomy today." explained the bear as she turned her head to her. "I'll tell you once we got inside my house." replied Wendy as she looked back at the window.

 

 

After they arrived from work, Wendy was now in her bedroom, sitting on her desk while working on her laptop with a sleeping Seulgi in her bed. She's not actually working but she is just typing nonsense in her laptop, her fingers trembled while typing on her keyboard.

'He's dating Juyeon'

'No, he isn't!'

'Then who am I to him?'

'A friend, Wendy! A sunbae! He's just your colleague.'

Then she stopped from typing and stared at the screen. She reads her words in the laptop and rubbed her eyes, starting to feel a little frustrated inside. "Ugh, what's wrong with me?" Wendy asked herself with a soft click on her tongue. "Why do I keep on thinking about him and Juyeon?" The secretary rolled her eyes and leaned against the chair with crossed arms.

"Am I being possessive or what?"

Then an idea suddenly popped in her head. This will be the only way to remove those stupid thoughts about her crush.

Wendy have decided to confess to Chanyeol. She knows that it was too fast but she just want to know what he really felt for her and before he dates another girl.

'Are you sure about this, Wen?'

'You should think about it properly!'

'He won't like you. Just stop this and don't fall for him.'

"Stop it!" The secretary yelled a little as she threw herself at bed, took her favorite pillow and hugged it. "I've thought of it properly, I just want to know who am I to him, and I don't care if he doesn't like me." Wendy sighed as she closed her eyes tightly and turned her body to the left. Her thoughts was just against her and she couldn't get rid of her annoying thoughts. So she keeps worrying about what will really happen to her after confessing.

 

 

The next day, Wendy called Seulgi to visit her on her office right after she came in the building. Then the bear followed her instructions and entered the office to see her friend sitting on her desk, just staring at screen.

Seulgi got bewildered after seeing her friend's mood right now. Wendy is usually putting a bright and happy smile on her face every time she first entered the building to her office and is always in the mood to do the job. Not to mention that  she is always clumsy and finishes her report very early. But today is different.

Wendy is now putting on her blank and lifeless face with her arms crossed and could barely budge an inch. Seulgi also noticed that she is still in the middle of making her report and she haven't researched anything yet. So then the bear walked quietly towards her friend and sat on Chanyeol's chair, creating a little squeak from it. Then the secretary slowly turned her head to Seulgi, releasing a long sigh. Seulgi rests her arm on Chanyeol's desk and looked back at her friend in concern.

"Are you alright? It looks like something bad happened yesterday." The bear told the hamster while Wendy shook her head with a small smile. "No, no, no, it's just, I want to tell you something, Seul." The hamster whispered as she looked around her office.

"Ok then, what is it?" Seulgi asked as she dragged the chair a little closer to Wendy.

"So, I already made a decision on how to find out his feelings for me." The secretary spoke softly while the bear listened and continued to looked at her in the eye. Wendy sighed. "I decided to confess to him."

Please log in to read the full chapter