That Wonderful Feeling

Sweetest Thing
Please log in to read the full chapter

They went back to the small town of Interlaken and went to a Korean restaurant called Kang Chon. "It felt like we're back in Korea." Seulgi commented, walking towards a vacant with the other two.

"I could smell the food, I already missed Korea." sighed Seulgi while resting her elbow on the table. "Really?" giggled Irene, already back in her usual state.

But Wendy continued to stare at her with anxious eyes. She couldn't forgot about the moment where Irene looks totally different in that kind of state. The latter blinked multiple times to remove the thought but it still won't. "Do you miss Korea, Wendy?" Irene asked her while gazing at her with innocent eyes.

Wendy shook her head a little and nodded with a small smile. "I do, but I honestly like Switzerland more." grinned Wendy, trying to conceal her real emotions.

"I'm starting to get hungry." whined the bear while rubbing her stomach cutely. "The food is going to be here in a minute. So you need to wait for a little longer." said Wendy frankly. She doesn't even give her the slightest sign that she cares about her friend.

Seulgi kept whining and complaining about how slow the food got prepared after it arrived. Gladly, Wendy was there to shut her blabbering mouth by shoving a piece of food into , making the words muffled when she speak.

Irene just watched them and tried to stop herself from giggling. "Will you stop whining? People here have been staring at you!" hissed Wendy while shoving a piece of Tteokbokki into once again.

Seulgi had enough and sighed loudly, chewing the spicy rice cake with a glowering look at Wendy. "Were you two like this always?" Irene asked both of them with a small smile. Wendy gave her a single nod and signaled Seulgi to eat her meal. The bear rolled her eyes and ate her meal without giving a single glimpse at her.

"Anyways, here you go." said Wendy in a soft and gentle voice while putting four more pieces of Tteokbokki on Irene's bowl. "You know, you don't need to do this to me." Irene chuckled.

"That's fine. You told me that Tteokbokki is your favorite food." said Wendy simply with a smile.

Irene blushed at her words and let out a self-conscious giggle. "Gosh, will you two just eat?" deadpanned Seulgi with full. 

"Don't talk when your mouth is full." goaded Wendy, mocking Seulgi. "YA, I—"

Seulgi coughed violently after Wendy shoved another piece of Tteokbokki inside . "Enough with your stupid whines." said Wendy.

 

 

Afterwards, they ate a lot and went out of the restaurant with satisfied smiles on their faces, especially Seulgi. Wendy is glad to see her like this but her mind is still on the incident inside the taxi.

She felt this odd feeling inside her chest after witnessing it. Wendy felt like she wanted to ask Irene about that incident but she chose not to. Because if she does, she expects that she'll act different again. "So, it's time for us to leave Interlaken." said Irene, looking at the two contentedly.

They are currently walking to the train station with locals greeting and waving at them joyfully. 

"Aw, I'll surely miss this place. This place is magnificent." giggled Seulgi while waving back at a little girl playing with her favorite pinwheel. 

"Well, I decided to bring you guys to Gimmelwald. But it's actually far and you have to walk, ride a bus, train and then a funicular." Irene counted them with her fingers. "I bet that its place is beautiful." said Wendy while looking at the ground.

For about five minutes, the trio finally arrived on the train station. "I guess that you'll have to stay in your house again." Wendy shrugged while scratching her nape sheepishly.

"Yup, but that's fine. We three can hang out in Zurich." grinned Irene while they entered the train. "You can stay in our hotel anytime!" chirped Seulgi, sitting on the same seat. "Yeah, we have no problem." added Wendy.

"Thank you, and also, I think I might go back to work tomorrow." Irene sighed. "Really?" exclaimed Wendy softly, looking unconvinced.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. But you can visit my restaurant anytime. So, no worries." Irene winked before taking her phone from her bag. Wendy puffed her cheeks and closed her eyes.

Why does she need to work tomorrow? The reason why she acts like this is because she's been planning to date Irene tomorrow. Wendy then tried to think of another way to do it. "I must visit Irene tomorrow then." mumbled Wendy, facing the opposite way of Irene. "I'll try to visit her restaurant tomorrow night and tell her if I could date her."

Then a smile formed on her face at her thought. She's felt splendid and felt her heart raise.
 


* * *
 


Wendy has never dated anyone since she is hard-working and ambitious about her goal. For having a strong sense of passion and zealousness in her goal, she wanted everything done and her eyes are set on it.

But her mindset has changed after meeting her first love, Chanyeol. It even made her more devoted in her job and worked almost like eternally. But after rejecting her feelings, she lost interest in her goal and also in love. She regretted for loving someone and swore that she'll never ever be in love.

Then a certain someone came into her life, and that's Irene. Wendy has suddenly lost her mind after meeting her. She felt like she just betrayed herself over and over again. But it never stopped her from being smitten by Irene.

Irene is now her interest, and nothing can replace her. She wanted to know more about her but Irene refused to tell everything about herself, which triggered Wendy's inquisitive side.

She had a lot of question about her, but are never answered. Once she asked Irene about her family, she kept acting odd and unusual. Wendy wanted answers like crazy.

Wendy woke up a little early the next day and checked on her friend if she's still sounds asleep. It is a cloudy day in the month of May and the sky looks a little dim and dull. The latter went out of bed as quietly as possible and went out of the room to cook some breakfast.

She arrived in the kitchen and opened the lights. Then a sudden jolt of electricity ran through her spine to her head, her arms now having goosebumps. She let out a soft sigh and walked in, touching the frigid floor.

The latter apparently left her slipper in the bedroom to keep her feet from making a sound.

 

 

Wendy found herself standing outside of the hotel, looking at the ground, feeling a little tense.

She then took a glimpse of her watch and realized that it's already seven in the morning. Seulgi is surely awake by that time, Wendy thought. Releasing a loud sigh, she walked to the restaurant without looking back at the hotel.

Once she arrived in front of the restaurant, she peeked through the window if Irene is inside. It took her almost half an minute when she finally took a glimpse of her.

There, stand Irene in the far side of the restaurant, wearing her elegant waitress uniform with her hair in a tight bun. She looks bright and radiant today and is serving her costumers whole-heartedly.

Wendy's heart fluttered once she caught one of Irene's lovely smiles. When she entered the restaurant, Wendy found a vacant spot near the window of the restaurant and sat there quickly before anyone could take it. She then craned her neck to full extent to find Irene. Irene is actually easy to spot since she has clear, glass, skin and shiny, jet-black hair. 

Right after finding Irene, she raised her hand, trying to catch her attention. Waiters and waitresses noticed her sign except for Irene. Whenever a random waitress or waiter approached Wendy, she told them that she is trying to call for someone.

About two waiters and five waitresses have noticed her hand and Wendy felt her energy drained because of this. 

She raised her hand in the air once again, praying and mumbling desperately to the skies that Irene will noticed her. And at last, Irene made eye-contact with her.

Wendy could see those innocent, doe-like, eyes

Please log in to read the full chapter