Coming With Irene

Sweetest Thing
Please log in to read the full chapter

Darkness had now took over the country and lights from the city shined brightly in the streets. Wendy looked at her phone once again and started at Irene's number. What will she say to her?

A little fact that she's been sitting on the balcony for an hour and she still couldn't type a single word in the texting area. She released, one, deep, sigh and looked at the city below. The hotel wasn't that high but it's high enough to see the beautiful night sky and the busy city below. She wondered if she could see Irene from here.

She then closed her phone and puts it on a small, circular, table placed in front of her.

"You've been here for an hour." a voice suddenly appeared from behind Wendy, alarming her that it was Seulgi who's speaking. "What were you doing here?" asked Seulgi with a curious gaze. Wendy shrugged and leaned against the chair.

"Nothing, just watching the nice view from here." Wendy said as she gave her a small grin. "I know you're staying here for messaging that woman." Seulgi sat opposite Wendy, giving her a smirk. Wendy froze on her spot and gulped nervously.

"H-How did you know?!" Wendy almost yelled, looking like she wanna kill herself. The bear quirked her brow and sighed.

"You really don't remember? You literally told me about it!" responded Seulgi, rolling her eyes a little. "You sure are an idiot." sighed Seulgi while giggling softly at the thought.

The bear got startled right after her friend abruptly stood up from her seat and stomped her way back to the bedroom. Seulgi stood up next and tilted her head slightly. "Is she alright?" questioned Seulgi as she crossed her arms and released an exhausted sigh.



 

"Ugh! Why?" Wendy lied down on the bed and looked up at the ceiling hopelessly. She still hasn't found any idea to talk to Irene. 'Wendy, Irene is just a normal person so talk to her casually!' instructed her mind. "I know but she wasn't a normal person. She actually looked like a real goddess." Wendy answered with a wistful voice.

"So that's  why I couldn't talk to her properly in person." explained Wendy with a slightly hopeless voice. She took her phone, which is placed beside her, and looked at the screen for a while.

"A 'hello' won't hurt, right?" peeped Wendy as she began to type on the screen with reluctant hands.

That actually took her more than a minute to type a 'hello' when it's time for her to press the 'Send' button.

Wendy flinched at it at first and puts her phone beside her, trying to breathe some fresh air.

"Alright, this is your final decision, Wendy." Wendy sighed as she looked at her phone once again. As she pressed the button, her heart stopped after seeing Irene immediately reading her message.

'Damn, she's active.' thought Wendy when her phone suddenly rang loudly on her hand.

The hamster immediately answered the call with trembling hands.

"Hello?"

"Oh, hey, Wendy!" Irene smiled as she ran to the couch from the kitchen and lied down there. "So this is your number, huh?" asked Irene as she looked behind her back to check if the Tteokbokki is doing well.

"Yes," answered Wendy as she checked the bedroom if Seulgi is hiding somewhere in the area. "Anyways, I wanna tell you something." chirped Irene. "I was wondering if we could meet up in my restaurant. I really want to talk to you." said Irene as a long pause came after that. Wendy cleared and opened to speak. "W-Well..." paused the hamster as she sighed silently.

"Sure! When will I go there?" questioned Wendy.

Irene leaned against the couch and sniffed her sweater from the collar, looking like a lovely little bunny. "Hmm, anytime. As long as you're free," replied Irene, letting out a small giggle. Wendy nodded slowly and roamed her eyes around the room anxiously.

How will she even visit the restaurant when she and Seulgi are going to Lake Zurich tomorrow while on the day after tomorrow they'll go to the Swiss Alps and other plans. Wendy thought to tell this to Irene immediately when the call ended.

She quickly called Irene again, and, gladly, Irene answered. "Yes?" asked Irene as she put some of the Tteokbokki on a bowl full of rice.

"Well, just wanna tell you that Seulgi and I are going to Lake Zurich tomorrow." Wendy said, her voice fading in every word. "Oh," paused Irene.

"Then, you can go to the day after tomorrow." Irene responded while positively eating her meal. "But we're going to the Swiss Alps the day after tomorrow." Wendy's voice was now in the lowest volume. "Oh, really?" Irene paused as she dropped her chopsticks on the bowl and started to think of a way.

"Hmm...what if I come with you?" asked Irene as a smile formed on her lips.

Wendy felt her body having goosebumps after hearing what Irene had said. She looked at her arms and saw goosebumps forming on it.

"A-Are you sure? I mean, not l like I didn't like it but—"

"I've already made a decision, Wendy. I won't change it," Irene told her as if she is really determined to do what she's gonna do. Wendy nodded furiously and gulped some amount of her saliva. "Alright, bye." Irene grinned as she ended the call. Wendy sighed and lied down at the bed like what usually does whenever she thinks about Irene.

Then Seulgi shook her head and released a deep sigh while walking towards Wendy.

"What happened?" asked the bear while Wendy ignored her. "You must feel contented that we're going to Switzerland's—"

"Irene is coming with us." Wendy stood abruptly from bed while holding Seulgi's shoulders. "Irene? The woman who went in the house to talk to you?" questioned Seulgi, now shocked and astonished after hearing it. Wendy nodded and lied down at bed again, this time covering herself with the blanket.

Seulgi shook her head while clicking her tongue and gave her friend a stern look.

"You must not trust her, Wendy. I mean, I'm not saying this in a bad way but still." Seulgi explained as Wendy removed the blanket from her body and looked at her friend with a frown.

"But she already made a decision about it. She is really coming with us." Wendy whined a little.

"You can tell her to not come then." shrugged Seulgi. Wendy paused and nodded slowly.

"O-Ok then," whispered Wendy as she tucked herself again with the blanket and turned her back opposite Seulgi. Why is she in love to her instantly? Wendy even promised herself to never love another person ever again after what happened to her and Chanyeol.

'Never love anyone again, Wendy. You should keep that promise to yourself to keep yourself from pain.'

Wendy remembered telling herself this a day after Chanyeol rejected her confession. "You're bad at keeping promises, Wendy." whispered Wendy as she let out a low chuckle to keep Seulgi from hearing her.

"You should stop keeping promises that you can't keep. You're just hurtinng you

Please log in to read the full chapter