「7」+ update

Lost Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
DISCLAIMER: Hello again. I want to declare that I genuinely support Heechul's beautiful relationship with whomever he chooses and I have nothing against what makes him happy. I want to underline that shipping idols in any of my fictional stories should never be done to harm them in any way in their real life. You may have noticed that most of my fics are AU because I do respect their life and only writing stories in an alternate world which is resulted from my idea and has nothing to do with their real life. As what the result of the poll I made in Twitter says, most of you agree on me continuing my Teukchul fics. Therefore, without disrespecting anyone, I will keep writing Teukchul fics for those who want to read. Thank you for giving me suggestions, your thoughts, your concerns in the form of votes, replies, or DMs. I really appreciate it. Please be happy! ♡ -sleepyhead1399

 

 

 

"They're still with my mother. I probably—"

The bell of his house rang loudly despite the roaring thunders outside, making him stop midsentence. Jungsoo looked at the digital clock on his working desk and it showed that it was almost 11 PM. 

Who the hell was visiting him this late and in this stormy weather?

 

 

 

"I hang up, Kyuhyun-ah. There's someone outside. Bye."

 

 

 

Jungsoo jogged to his main door, feeling wary yet curious. As he was nearing, his eyes quickly looked at the intercom camera. There was indeed someone outside, curling himself seemingly to warm up from the brisk weather. From the dimmed lighting, Jungsoo failed to recognize who he was; all he could see was a man with a big backpack and two duffle bags beside him.

Could it be that this man was lost?

 

 

 

Despite being vigilant, Jungsoo eventually opened the door. His breath was caught in his throat when he saw who it turned out to be.

 

 

 

Heechul.

The student was sitting on the floor, hugging his bag, all drenched. At first, Jungsoo almost let his instinct to win, to crouch down and hug the shuddering man. Yet, he quickly sobered and abandoned the thought that he didn't know how it could cross his mind. 

Breathing deeply, he hesitantly approached Heechul.

"You could've just called me. I'll come and get you."

 

 

 

Heechul raised his head and a strange feeling of comfort crept in, warming his freezing heart, upon seeing his professor standing there. Heechul forced himself to stand up but his legs gave up that he stumbled forward. Luckily, Jungsoo got a good reflex. Heechul fell in Jungsoo's arms and again, he wanted to let himself being embraced by this man.

But, no; he shouldn't do that.

 

 

 

"I took a cab to come here but the security in the main gate didn't let the cab in. So, I gotta walk dragging my stuff with me."

Heechul grumbled as he pushed himself against Jungsoo and took his belongings to which his professor only looked at. Heechul furrowed his eyebrows when Jungsoo was stilled, not even opening the door for him.

 

 

 

"Prof. Park? Can you just—"

"What made you change your mind?"

Heechul's eyes grew slightly bigger on the very same question Jungsoo always threw.

 

 

 

"I wanted to."

 

 

 

Heechul immediately averted his eyes when he caught Jungsoo's intense gaze on him.

"Can I get in already, Prof. Park? I'm freezing."

Heechul was getting impatient with this weird professor. His whole body was trembling because of the cold yet Jungsoo decided to interrogate him first. He immediately got into the house when Jungsoo wordlessly opened the door for him. 

 

 

 

Unknown to Heechul, Jungsoo was experiencing so many emotions at once because he began to learn that his student was very indecisive. Just yesterday he thought that Heechul would never agree on this but today, the student proved him wrong. He was relieved that their plan would be secured now but he couldn't lie that he was kind of disappointed for the fact that Heechul was a slave for money.

Why did he expect more from Heechul, though? 

He quickly ushered the thought.

 

 

 

 

 

"Fireplace!"

Heechul exclaimed once he was inside, spotting a fireplace in the living room. Without wasting any second, he immediately ran to crouch down in front of the crackling hearth. He stretched his hands and hummed when he felt proper heat engulfed his body. It was so peaceful that he lost count how many minutes it had passed. However, when a big shadow stood inches away from him for a few moments, he got extremely panicked that he fell backward when the person leaned closer. Jungsoo smirked, eyeing his student from the corner of his eyes, and leisurely added logs to keep the fire.

 

 

 

"This is not funny, Prof. Park."

Jungsoo halted his activity without casting Heechul a glance.

"Who said it was?"

Heechul gritted his teeth out of annoyance before he hurriedly stood up and stomped off to get his belongings. Jungsoo secretly chuckled because although Heechul was admittedly annoying and possessing many traits he wasn't fond of, at least, in a good light, Heechul was fun to tease.

 

 

 

"If you keep messing around with me, I'll just go."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter