「5」

Lost Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The soothing fragrance from the burning candle in the room Heechul was right now couldn't tone down the nervousness he was feeling. His clear orbs were fixed on the big vanity mirror reflecting himself being dolled up. Beautiful—he couldn't deny it. It was strange to admit the fact to himself but the more he looked at how the people were clearly enjoying grooming him, the more he humbly accepted that. His hair was styled in the way it never was before; his fair complexion looked even immaculate contrasting to his cherry lips.

 

 

 

"Let's put on the tuxedo, Mr. Kim," commanded one of the ladies.

Heechul nodded and slowly stood up to wear his fancy white tux whose details anyone couldn't take their eyes off. As soon as he was done with his outfit, putting on the suit, Heechul was stunned staring at his reflection on the mirror. The realization that he was about to be someone's groom even only for pretense and for a short time hit him; he couldn't lie that his heart beat so fast.

It still scared him.

The idea of marriage always scared him.

 

 

 

 

 

Knock knock

 

 

 

The door slid opened revealing Jungsoo already in a suit in the same tone as the outfit Heechul was wearing. Heechul quickly dropped his head after their eyes met for a few seconds. There was a hard lump in his throat that even for breathing, he was struggling. The people surrounding him immediately disclosed the distance for Jungsoo to walk closer. All Heechul could feel was cramps all over his fingers and toes that halted him from moving even only an inch. He almost stumbled when a warm hand of his professor landed on his shoulder signaling him to look up.

 

 

 

Strange.

His professor was smiling.

 

 

 

"Beautiful... You're very beautiful. Let's go, the ceremony will begin soon."

 

 

 

What Jungsoo found from the stare Heechul gave him over the mirror was only hatred. Yet, he did not mind it. Actually, he did not mind if his student would hate him for the rest of his life for being dragged into this mess. They'd agreed to be his accomplice in deceiving his mother so no, he was okay with whatever negative feelings his student had towards him. He gave a gentle squeeze on Heechul's shoulder and the latter finally cracked the fake smile they needed to look convincing in front of the people in the room.

 

 

 

He knew Heechul wanted to escape.

And honestly, so did he.

 

 

 

 

 

 

»»————- ♡ ————-««

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Kim Heechul, do you take Park Jungsoo as your lawful husband. To have and to hold, from this day onward, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?"

 

"Why did you ing marry me if what you do now is only— you, bastard!" 

 

"Yes, I do."

A lone tear escaped Heechul's eyes at the very time he uttered the words. Even this was only a fake promise, his messed brain cruelly recalled the fright on the back of his mind. Oblivious to what Heechul was battling right now, Jungsoo was surprised when he noticed his student teared up. It was so uncalled that it almost struck disgust inside his heart.

 

 

 

"Now, you may kiss your grooms."

 

 

 

Damn.

The wedding kiss.

Heechul didn't think about this so-called sacred event before; not until right after the priest announced to a bunch of people in the room Heechul barely knew that he had to kiss his professor. The frightening scenes about marriage were still playing inside his brain worsening the situation. He was about to wipe away the unwanted tears b his eyes when Jungsoo suddenly cupped his cheeks and leaned closer. Red signal—Heechul was utterly shocked when Jungsoo gently pressed their lips together. He wanted to yell but the softness of his professor's lips shutting him. 

 

 

 

Unconsciously, his tears brimmed uncontrollably that wasn't left unnoticed by Jungsoo's observant eyes. Surely, he didn't appreciate it at all. His student's crying was like a drop of coffee falling on top of a clean cloth—it slowly soaked the surface bigger and bigger, leaving it stained. Out of annoyance, Jungsoo held Heechul's head and tilted it to the side to deepen their kiss. He wanted to pour all of his detest into this because calling out his student right now was impossible. Heechul gasped, eyes widening, brows knitting tightly when he felt that his professor bit his lower lip quite strongly that it ripped the skin before he his tongue inside.

 

 

 

Heechul hated how rough the kiss was; he hated everything about it. However, the loud cheering from the people around them told him that he was the only one in displeased because the others seemed to be rooting for it. Trying to fist Jungsoo's collar to tell him to stop, Heechul was taken aback when Jungsoo held his hand firmly instead and continued to ravish his mouth.

 

 

 

He gave up.

And melted himself into the kiss.

 

 

 

 

 

 

»»————- ♡ ————-««

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Can everyone leave us alone?"

 

 

 

Heechul dragged his eyes upward on the sudden order coming from his professor. He needed not to confirm whom Jungsoo meant by us. The stylists who had just done helping him to change into his second outfit for the evening party wordlessly went out of the room. Heechul remained unmoving only his heart racing, wary that his professor would snap like what he did this afternoon. A tiny scar on his lips caused by Jungsoo's angry teeth no longer stung but the bewilderment of what possessed his professor still sat in his heart. Jungsoo slowly walked towards him as he secretly observed from the shadow on the marble floor.

 

 

 

"Let me see."

Jungsoo coldly commanded, hand already on Heechul's shoulder. It was not that he hadn't expected that Heechul would surely refuse him after what he had done. When Heechul stood abruptly and walked away, Jungsoo caught a glimpse of a purplish mark on his student's lower lip. He gulped—a strange urge to apologize slowly crept in. Yet, his ego told him that what he did was justified as Heechul had made him angry by getting teary in front of him.

 

 

 

"Don't cry," Jungsoo hurriedly said as he saw Heechul was already near the door.

"Don't cry ever again in front of me."

 

 

 

Heechul stopped on his track, his back facing Jungsoo. A frown on his forehead was the result of the unending series of his professor's strange actions. However, he had made up his mind that he could and would survive in this perilous agreement if he made the least contact with his professor. Caressing his own lip with his thumb, Heechul drew a short breath before he slammed the door shut.

 

 

 

 

 

 

»»————- ♡ ————-««

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jungsoo was walking leisurely to grab a glass of water when the lamp of the kitchen was suddenly . Wincing his eyes from the excessive light, his eyes finally landed on his mother's form, standing on the door frame already in her silky pajamas.

 

 

 

"Why haven't you slept, Son?"

Jungsoo beamed as he poured himself a glass of warm water and another one for his mother. He strode over to where his mother had already taken a seat in the dining table and smiled as he handed the glass to her.

"I can't sleep," replied Jungsoo shortly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter