「35」

Lost Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why?

Why did they meet and fall in love if fate cruelly took away the beautiful feelings off their chest?

Why?

 

 

 

"I don't know."

Heechul rasped out. He stared at the person sleeping beside him, bending his body on the chair to the bed. Their hands were still tightly holding each other, lying beside his professor's head. It hurt him; it crushed his heart to see Jungsoo the moment he opened his eyes. The sleeping pills he took last night did amazing work to take away his consciousness in a second. He did that since he was fully aware that he would never be able to sleep remembering that today, one side of the clock had run out of sands.

 

 

 

But who was he joking?

He thought he could dodge the arrow shot at him. Totally wrong. When he found out that his professor was here with him, watching him sleeping probably having the same torment as him, he knew the arch had been aimed right—right where it hurt the most.

 

 

 

"I don't know why life can be such an irony."

Heechul freed his hand off Jungsoo's grip only to caress his professor's head. He never dared to do it but just this moment, let him be.

"You know it's impossible, Prof. Park... But you still played with fire."

Rising, Heechul gulped before he bent his body and kissed the top of Jungsoo's head, long—long enough that he finally realized his tears were falling.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry that I leave you," Heechul whispered ever so lightly and left the room.

 

 

 

 

 

»»————- ♡ ————-««

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hyuk, help me pouring the milk, please?"

"Why are you cooking breakfast, Maw? It's a lot of food."

His grip on the plates tightened the same way his heart had to bear the dwell of mixed feelings. He put down the cutlery and inhaled deeply before he turned back, smiling at Hyukjae.

"I'm going today, Hyuk. That's why I... I want to prepare something as my farewell."

 

 

 

Heechul had to run to the little boy when Hyukjae suddenly spilled the milk as he seemed to be utterly shocked with the information. He immediately pulled the kid into his embrace and calmed him down when Hyukjae started crying.

"God, why are you crying? Maw has already told you, right?"

Hyukjae sobbed harder and clung onto Heechul seeking comfort.

"But I don't know that it's this fast. Maw..."

Heechul smiled sadly, holding back his tears because he had to show Hyukjae that his leaving was not a sad event. That was the last thing he could do for the family.

 

 

 

"Maw... I'm afraid. Maw... M-maw has to come back, okay? You've promised. You will come back."

"I prom—"

 

 

 

"What is all this?"

 

 

 

Heechul snapped at the new voice and all his emotions broke free the moment he saw Jungsoo's face—the person he would miss the most. His tears fell and he knew his professor was well aware of his anguish. He bit his lip strongly to stop his feelings overflowing because right now, he had to be strong for their son.

 

 

 

"B-breakfast?" Heechul forced out a smile.

"I made pancakes and scramble eggs."

He heaved Hyukjae's body and strode over to the dining room. From the corner of his eyes, he could tell that Jungsoo was following his every move and it honestly made him uncomfortable because he was so overwhelmed by only his professor's presence.

 

 

 

"Y-you guys can start eating. I'll get Hae."

Heechul immediately fleeted to leave the room leaving the Parks in an immense silence. Waking Donghae up was an excuse because he did not know how to face his professor after the fact that Jungsoo spent the night in his room. All he knew was that he had to run away.

 

 

 

On the other hand, Jungsoo sat quietly beside his son and took a deep breath. The moment he woke up from his deep slumber, albeit his sleeping being not so comfortable, he went panicked in an instant when he saw the bed was already vacant. Good thing, he noticed Heechul's belongings were still there so it meant that his student did not leave without notice. 

 

 

 

He glanced at his side when he heard sniffles from his son.

"Hyuk. Why are you crying?"

Hyukjae, who had been hiding his face as he slouched on the table, only shook his head.

"Are you sad that Maw is leaving?"

 

 

 

Jungsoo gave up on his hope that he would get an answer because Hyukjae did not even budge from his position. And he somehow understood what happened to him. Being left again, after what had happened in the past, would never be easy not only for Hyukjae but also for him. He sighed and was about to pour him a glass of coffee when the crying boy finally replied.

"Are you not sad, Daddy?"

He was. He was beyond sad; he was devastated. But what could he do now? He was ahead of himself to think that Heechul would reciprocate his feelings. He thought they shared mutual understanding after all the moments they had together. Stupid.

 

 

 

"I am. I'm sad, Hyuk. But... It's for Maw's sake, right?"

Jungsoo held his son's closer and comforted the upset boy. His mind going autopilot, he didn't even realize when he continued to blurt out his feelings.

"I'm sorry, Hyuk. I'm s-sorry I can't make him stay for us."

 

 

 

 

 

"Maw, no cwying."

Heechul tightened his hold on Donghae when the second son noticed he was in tears. How couldn't he? He literally listened to everything Jungsoo got to say to his son from behind the wall. It shook him to the core that he would be the one who repeated the same history in this family where Jungsoo would take the blame for another leaving. Ironic that he hated Jungsoo's ex-wife for being egoistic but he was actually no better.

 

 

 

 

 

 

»»————- ♡ ————-««

 

 

 

 

 

 

People seemed to be in rush, strolling passing one another, trying to catch what was always running—the time. It was hectic and stuffy that he was almost suffocated to death among the heaviness this place bore. He threw his head left and right only to be drowned in anguish deeper and deeper.

Some looke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter