Chapter 9

My blessing

Days had passed. Everybody's busy. Yeri doing some reports. Joy meeting up with her boyfriend. Irene busy looking for a job and Seulgi? Because it's her day off at work. She don't have any plans for today. So she's on her apartment laying on her bed, eating her all time favorite snack, pringles while playing with her phone.


In times like this. She can't help but to remember her past wherein she don't even have time to rest.

Flashback:
Her high school life is full of studies, attending dance practice and voice lesson. There she met a certain someone in one of her voice lesson. Son Seungwan or what other know as Wendy. She's her bestfriend until junior high school. But when they become senior student, Seulgi confess to her.


"Wendy ah. Please listen to me okay? I just...just want to tell you some...something." - Seulgi said nervously.
"What is it? Is there something wrong?" - Wendy grab her hands.
"The thing is... I...I like you... Not as a friend but as a wo...women."

Wendy is speechless. Seulgi don't know that it's what Wendy waiting to hear for a long time. Her one sided love/like is not anymore. Seulgi thought that Wendy don't feel the same.


"It's okay. You don't have to answer me. I just want you to know." - Seulgi was on the verge of crying.
She was about to turn back when Wendy grab her hand and tell her,
"You don't know how long I waited for you to said that. Thank you." 
Wendy hug Seulgi tight. She was confuse so she ask her,
"What do you mean?"
"I like you too Seulgi ah."
"Really?"


She ask breaking the hug. Wendy nod with a smile. Because of her happiness she swing her while hugging. She put her down and start dancing crazily while singing.
"Im so happy. I have a girlfriend."
They was happy. They are together now.
"Thank you Wendy ah." She peck her lips and smile at each other.


One day Seulgi decided to ask Wendy out for a dinner. After eating dinner. They drive through the night. Stop by the beach and enjoy the sea breeze.
"Wait for me here okay? I'll just get my sketch book." - Seulgi
Wendy nod. Seulgi get her book. Look at Wendy's side and start sketching. Wendy wait but she think Seulgi is taking so long. So she look back and she saw her starring at her smiling.


"What are you doing there? Come here." - Wendy
"I'm almost done. Here. Look." - Seulgi
She show the picture of Wendy's side view.
"Wow! Thank you. It's amazing."
"Can I keep this?"
"Of course. You're the one who did it."
"Then can you give me a autograph miss?"
Wendy nod and sign it. It's already dawn when Seulgi drive her home.

But something went wrong. When it's time for them to go to college. Wendy started to get cold to her. She don't know why but every time they were together, her focus was on other things and even answer her questions uninterested. That last for a week until she had enough. She confront her.


"Wendy what's the problem? Why are you acting like this?"
"What? What did I do?"
"Stop pretending. What is it?"
"I said it's nothing!"
"Ok fine! If you won't tell me then don't. But please don't act this way. I feel like I don't have a partner anymore."
"Seulgi let's break up." She said not looking at her eyes.
"Wh..what? Stop fooling around Wendy."
"I'm serious."
"Why? Did I do something wrong?" She was crying already.
"No. Nothing."
"Look at me. Do you have someone else?"
"Nothing."
"Then tell me the reason. Why are you breaking up with me. Please." Seulgi was crying hard.
Wendy can't look at her. She's hurt. She don't want to do this to her but she had no choice. Even if she love her she need to pursue her dreams.
"Sorry Seulgi. But I have no choice. I need to pursue my dreams. I already have my ticket to Canada. I'll study there."
"But you don't need to end us. We can work this out."
"It will be hard for us. I don't want to burden you. I'm sorry."
Wendy walk in the door but Seulgi hug her in the back.
"Please let's work this out."


But Wendy continue release herself and walk out.Leaving Seulgi fall on her knees and cry all night. She didn't even had time to eat and go out of her room. She only come out of her room when it's time for Wendy to fly.
She drive all the way to airport. Run around and shout Wendy's name. When she see her. She run to her and hug her tight saying
"Take care their. I'll miss you. I love you. Always remember that. Goodbye Wendy."
And she start to leave without seeing Wendy board on the plane. It was a bitter sweet goodbye because she can see that Wendy will be successful in the profession she will take.

Flashback End:

That part of her past makes her stronger. Makes her who she is now. And she don't have any regret at all.
It's lunch time already and her stomach is calling for food but she feel like she don't want to eat alone. She call Yeri first.


"Hello! Yerimie?"
"Oh unnie. Wae?"
"Are you busy?"
"Kind of. Wae?"
"Nothing. Go to your work. Sorry to disturb you."
"It's okay unnie. Bye."


Then she hung up. She's thinking who's she gonna eat with. She's shy asking Irene so she think of who is available. But all of them is busy.
She had no choice so she try her luck and call Irene.


"Hello?"
"Hello. Seulgi ah. Wae?"
"Are you busy? Are you doing something?"
"I'm on my way home."
"Where have you been?"
"Finding a job. I need to work you know. I can't keep depending on Joy."
"Do you find any?"
"Nothing. And I'm already tired."
"Don't tired your self Bae."
"Wae? Are you giving me a job?"
"I know someone who need a waitress."
"Really?"
"Yeah. But first can I have lunch with you?"
"Lunch? Of course. I'll cook. Come here. Joy is out. She will come back maybe later."
"Yes. Thank you Bae. I'm really hungry now. I'm going now."
"Okay. Take care."

Seulgi drive to Joy apartment and ring the bell. Irene open the door and smile at her. Seulgi smell the food so because of hunger. She grab Irene's hand and goes to kitchen. When she look at Irene her face is totally red.


"Oh! Bae. Are you okay? Your face is too red." Seulgi cupped her cheeks.
"No. I'm okay." But she blush more.
"Oh! It keeps blushing." She was looking at her with her big eyes.
"I'm okay. Let's just eat the food is ready." She remove her hand even if she like it.
"Yeah. Let's eat. Thank you for the food Baechu."
"Baechu?"
"Ahm! Sorry? If you don't like it....." Irene cut her off
"It's okay. I like it." She said whispering.
"Are you really not sick? You keep getting red."
"I'm fine. I guess it must be too got here."
"Do you want me to on the aircon?"
"I'll do it. Wait for me there."
"Okay. Faster Baechu. I'm hungry."

She run to the bathroom. Talk to herself while tapping her cheeks.
"What are you doing? Stop blushing. You're embarrassing yourself."
She comes out seeing Seulgi holding her tummy and pouting. When she see her. She smile.
"Baechu. Faster. Please let's eat."
"Okay. Let's eat."
"Thank you for the delicious food Baechu."

That lunch. Irene keep blushing and blushing at what Seulgi doing. Even at simple smiling at her.