Chapter 29

My blessing

It's the day. Seulgi wake up feeling excited. She check her phone. It shows the date. February 10, 2020. She check her messages but nothing show. It makes her wonder. Joohyun didn't even great her a good morning. She let it be and decided to take a shower. Wearing her orange tee and a black shorts she goes out of her room.

Walking down the stair she feels odd. She see her Appa cooking like usual, her Unnie having a call with someone and her Eomma was reading some paperworks in the kitchen counter. Her Eomma see her and greet her.

"Oh! Good morning bear." Jessica said and smile at her like usual.

"The food is almost done. We can eat already. Call your Unnie and wake Seungwan up." Yuri add.

She was frowning while walking to her Unnie. "Didn't they remember anything?" But she let it be. "If they don't remember, maybe Joohyun will." She though. But she thought wrong when Joohyun text her.
"Seul. I can't go there today. Dad ask as to have family bonding. Sorry." She read it with disappointed face. But she said okay buy the way.

"Unnie. Food is ready. I'll just wake Wannie up." She said without emotions.She walk to the guest room and knock.

"Wannie. Wake up. The breakfast is ready." She knock until she answered.

"I got it. I'll be there with with a minute." Hearing it.

She head to the dining room and sit at her chair.
Soon, Wendy got out and sit. The family was having fun watching their youngest sulk.

"She's too cute to ignore Seobang." Jessica whisper to Yuri.

"Just let her. We can't ruin Joohyun plan. Later it may be her best day." Yuri whisper back.

"Ok. Children. Let's eat. Put aside your phones for a while." Yuri said.

The breakfast is great for everyone except her. She was still sulking. She goes to her room. She has nothing to do. No one is even texting her. Even her own child. "That Kim Yeri. I'm sure she's busy with that tall person again." She open her social media expecting some greetings. She didn't get disappointed. She has some greetings with her old friends and her co-workers. "At least they remember."  She thought.

With her boredom killing her. She decided to go in Wendy's room. To past the time. She knock but no one is answering. She open it and see nothing. She walk around the house and see her in the garden. Playing her guitar. She walk to her and sit beside her.

"What are you doing here?" She ask.

"Nothing. It making me feel sick inside the room so, I got out and play with this little old friend of mine." Wendy said streaming some chords.

"How about you?" Wendy ask.

"I'm a bit sad. That's why I'm here." She answer.

"Sad? Why?" Wendy being the best actress said.

"Don't you know what date is today. It's February 10." Seulgi said looking down.

"So?" Wendy nonchalantly said. It makes Seulgi look at her.

"So?! Wannie. It's my birthday. TODAY. And no one remember. Even you. Hmmp." 

"Oh my! Sorry Bear. It totally flies out of my mind. Sorry." The best actress, Wendy said.

"It's ok. I'm fine now. At least someone know." She said showing her fake smile.

"Would you want me to tell them?"

"No. No. It's fine Wannie. It's okay. I don't want to add in what their thinking."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. It's fine. I'm okay."

"Okay if you say so. By the way, happy birthday our SeulgiBear." Wendy said pinching her cheeks.

"Thank you Wannie." She replay showing her genuine smile.

"Let me make it up to you. Let me treat you later for dinner. Is it fine?" Wendy ask according to the plan.

"Sure. Irene is with her family by the way so, I'll just let her know." Wendy nod and play her guitar again.
They was having fun. They didn't know that the rest of the household was listening to them.

"I think we better have something really good gift for her." Yuri said.

"Yeah. I agree. It makes me feel guilty Appa, Eomma." Yoona said.

"Ok. Let's go. Find something at the mall." Jessica said inviting them.

 

It was already 10:40 am. Her parents was in their coffee shop. Closing the shop. Irene was with her Unnie in the jewelry shop.

"Unnie. Look at this. Which one is better?" Irene ask showing two types of necklace.

"Hyun ah. You know what is good. You will know it while thinking of her." Seohyun said.

"Ah! I have an idea Unnie. Let's buy that necklace and put our initials." She said pointing at the necklace that can be embroidered.

"It's good. Let me just call Mom and Dad." Seohyun said.

"Miss can I see that one." Joohyun said to the seller.

"Sure ma'am." The seller get it and give it to her.

"I would like to buy this. 14 size and with initials." Joohyun said.

"Sure ma'am. What would you like me to put?" The seller get her asked size and ready her tool for embroidery.

"Can you put J 💗 S? And make it pretty please." She feel excited.

"Yes ma'am. It will be fast. Maybe a minute or two. You can sit there while waiting." The seller said pointing at the chair.

"Thank you." She sit with her Unnie and laterm her parents came.

"Mom, Dad. Here." She wave at them.

"So? How was your gift sweety?" Tiffany ask.

"It will be done soon. It's a necklace." She said.

"It's customized." Seohyun told her parents.

"Ow! Good. You two stay here okay? Mom and I will just get something for her." Taeyeon said.

"Sure Dad. Take care." Joohyun said and Seohyun just nod.

 

While the two was shopping they cross against the Kwons.

"Yah! Taenggo!" Yuri call her. They look at them and closer to them.

"Oh! Where's your youngest?" Tiffany ask.

"She's with Wendy in the house. We feel guilty for ignoring her birthday so, were here." Jessica ask.

"Yoong! What's that?" Taeyeon ask Yoona.

"It's her favorite Emmo. Pringles assorted flavor. She will be happy with this." Yoona showing her basket of Pringles.

"I told her not to buy it because her Eomma will only hide it from Seulgi but she said she will just help Seulgi hide it first." Yuri said.

That makes everyone giggle and Yoona showing her alligator smile.

"Your sister is having too much of that. That's not good for her liver. Too much preservatives." Jessica said.

"Don't worry Eomma. I will make Seulgi drink a gallon of water after she eat a can." Yoona add up making the older laugh.

"Is the two already in the Sooyoung restaurant?" Jessica ask.

"Not yet. We will go there after we buy gift for Bear. They are in the jewelry shop." Taeyeon explained.

"I see. We still need to change before going there so, go there first. We will just follow." Yuri said to Taeny.

"Sure. See you later guys." Tiffany said.

The two family part ways and go to their own direction. TaeNy was done picking some gift and head to their daughters who was waiting for them.
While the Kim was on the way to the reception, the YulSic with Yoona was getting ready to follow their.

"Bear. Eomma and I will go somewhere okay." Yuri said after getting dress.

"Seul me too. I have date with Hyunnie. Take care okay." Yoona said. Picking the motorbike key and helmet.

Seulgi just sigh can't do anything. It was past 12 in the afternoon. Soon her day will end without even her family knowing. Wendy pat her shoulder and said.

"It's okay Seul. You still have me. We will celebrate later." Showing her smile makes Seulgi smile a little.

 

In the restaurant, after everyone was there they start the preparation. Jessica and Tiffany is in charge for putting the decoration in the wall. Yoona and Sunny was blowing some balloons. While Taeyeon and Yuri helping Sooyoung for the food. Joy and Yeri printing Seulgi and Irene photos while Irene stick it in a ribbon that connecting to the ballons in the air. She also put the HAPPY BIRTHDAY sign in the wall. While D-ana, the staff and Seulgi's friend also that let Sooyoung stay fix the table and chairs in the side and making sure the small bulb on the floor that making a path to the center won't move.

"Mom, Dad, Emmos we will get the cake Yerimie and Joy reserve. We will be back immediately." Irene said. Yeri stand up and go to Irene side.

"Ok it's almost done anyway. We can do this. And don't forget to change. Your mom made you a pretty dress. It's on closet." Taeyeon said.

"Really? Thank you Mom." Joohyun said and hug Tiffany.

"It's fine sweety. If you want me to made you more tell me. Your Jessica Emmo and I will work on it." Tiffany said.

"Yes Mom. We're going." She was about to leave when Yuri call her.

"Wait Joohyun. Don't you need someone to drive you?" Yuri ask concern about their safety.

"Don't worry Emmo. Yeri was with me. She will drive there."

"Eomma! No. I don't want to come. I change my mind." Yeri said whining.

"But you're the one who order that cake my daughter." Irene said looking at Yeri with her eyebrows up.

Everyone was laughing at their little fight. Saying in their minds, "Like mother, like daughter."

"Aishh! Fine." Yeri can't do anything.

"Wait let me drive you two." Joy bats in and run to where Yeri is.

"Oww~ Thank you babe." Yeri said and kiss Joy's cheek. Joy blush not use to have affection in front of public.

"Drive carefully kids." Sunny said.The three wave and head to Joy's car to get the cake.

 

In the house. Seulgi was watching cartoons while eating her prinkles while Wendy was getting ready to what Seulgi think is a dinner.

"Yah! Seulgi ah. Get ready or else I won't treat you." Wendy said after getting ready.

"But it's not the end yet." She said not leaving her sight on the screen of the TV.

"Are you 7? Stop watching that Doraemon. Let's go." Wendy get the remote and turn it off.

"Aissh! Fine. Give me time. I'll change." She said and head to her room.

"Better wear your nice clothes." Wendy shout to hear. She just shown an okay sign.

 

Joohyun goes back in the restaurant with everything in plan already done. Sooyoung get the cake to her and put it in the freezer.Everyone was in daze at her. Wearing that white dress with the touch of black and silver that goes up to her knee. Partnering with jewelry set that much up with her dress. And shining silver heels.

"Wow!" Everyone said when she step in the shop.

"Aigoo! Our Joohyuniee is so pretty!" Tiffany said making her daughter turn.

"Wow. Taeng are you sure she is your daughter? She's more pretty than her parents." Yuri jokingly said.

"Of course. We have pretty genes. While yours is full of handsome genes." Taeyeon answer.

"Eomma! They getting ready. Wendy Unnie text me." Yeri interrupt the dicussion.

"Okay. Everyone. Hide. D-ana off the lights. Open the bulb when they open the door okay." Irene instruct and D-ana nod.

 

After taking a shower. Seulgi wrap her self with a bathrobe. She goes to her closet. She look what to wear and decided to wear a black long sleeve blouse with silver buttons, white loose pants and a pair of white heels. She tuck her blouse, wear a black colored belt and put some make up. She let her hair fall. Before going out she grab her black jacket with also silver buttons as a design.

Having a designer mother and aunt makes her clothes fashionable. Her Eomma gave this set of cloth to her after she had regain her memory. Saying, "Wear it to your birthday. I want you to look dashing." And as a promise she will wear it even though they don't remember. But she thought wrong. They all remember.