Chapter 17

My blessing

Yeri and Seulgi had been busy lately. Causing them to not being inform of what happened to the inmate they put in jail. They was on the way to the station wanting to check Bogum and Sungjae.

"Good morning officer. How is Mr. Park?" Seulgi ask the officer that in charge taking care of the inmates.

"And Mr. Yook also." Yeri added

"You two didn't heard the news?" The officer1 said.

"What news?" Seulgi ask frowning.

"They've been released 5 days ago." -Officer1.

"What? And no one tell us about this?" Yeri was mad about Sungjae being released.

"How they manage to be released?" Seulgi ask in a calm manner.

"They bail out and they've been good while they are here." - Officer2.

"We call you that day but someone answer saying you went out for a while." - Officer1.

"That two seems weird actually." - Officer2

"Weird? Why is it?" - Yeri.

"Ever since Mr. Yook get in jail, Mr. Park befriended him. They seems very close as day goes by. Mr. Park even fetch him here." - Officer1

"We understand. Thank you. We will get going." - Seulgi.

While working Seulgi seems restless. Those two bother her. She's not really feeling good about the deliverance. So, she call Irene because she's worried about her dream. She don't want it to happen. At first ring no one answered. That's making her a little anxious already. She try again and after a few more rings Irene answer.

"Hello. Seul." - Irene

"Baechu. Where are you?" - Seulgi

"I'm on my shift. Sorry I didn't answered your call earlier."

"It's okay. I'm just worried about you."

"Huh? Why?"

"You know Park Bogum right? The owner of the club you used to work."

"Yeah. I will never forget that name. Why?"

"He was being released along with the guy that hurt Joy, Yook SungJae 5 days ago."

"Really?"

"Yeah. So, don't go anywhere. Do you understand?"

"Yes Seul. Don't worry about me."

"Okay. Text me when your shift end okay? I'll fetch you there."

"No. It's okay Seul. I can go home alone. You must be tired."

"No. I won't let you go unless I'm with you." Seulgi said full of concern and fear about her dream.

"Okay then I need to go now. There's many customers right now." Her face become red because of what Seulgi said that's why she decided to cut the conversation.

"Okay. Take care. See you later. Don't forget to text me okay."

"Yeah. Bye Seul."

When the call end, it make her feel relax a little. Knowing that her Baechu is okay then she continue working. Suddenly in the middle of searching of something. Her phone lit up with a message of her Eomma. "Tell me when your going home."  the text saying. She didn't know that she's been working for hours if not because of Irene text saying "My shift end. I'll wait for you here."  She look at her wrist watch and start to prepare leaving. In the way to her car she see Yeri.

"Yerimie. Are you going home?" - Seulgi

"No unnie. I will pick up Joy. It's too dangerous now that Sungjae is out there. Free like he didn't do anything wrong." Yeri was also worried for Joy.

"Tell me. Do you like her?" Seulgi know it already she just want Yeri confirms it.

"I like her since the beginning unnie. I just can't tell her." She said looking down at her hands.

"Why? She's not in a relationship. You too. What's stopping you?"

"Didn't you realize unnie that she had past relationship with a guy, a man. She's probably straight us a ruler." She said to her unnie hinting her the sorrow she was feeling.

"Not all the woman who had a guy before means they are straight Yerimie. You will never know until you tell her." Seulgi said patting her head.

Then Yeri's phone ring. Joy is calling her. Indicating that she has to go now.

"So, unnie. See you tomorrow. I'll get going. Goodnight." She said and enter her car.

She too entered her car and start driving to Irene workplace. When she get there. She see some guy talking to her so, she immediately got down and approach her. When she's near the guy left.

"Who's that?" She ask still following the guy with stares.

"He was just asking for a way. He said he was lost." Irene explained.

"Ahm! But don't talk to stranger okay." - Seulgi

"Yah I'm not a kid you know. Why are you being like this? Are you jealous?" She ask with a teasing smile.

"Huh! Me? Jealous? No way." She was denying.

"Ahh. So you won't get jealous huh. Okay then. I'll go home now." Irene enjoy teasing Seulgi so she continue and act like she will walk home.

"Hey! Baechu. It's not like that. Okay I admit I'm jealous. I don't want anyone that I didn't know around you. I feel threaten by them." Seulgi said not stoping that makes her look like she's rapping.

Even through the fast of the way Seulgi speak, Irene still understand and got fluttered by it that cause her face to blush madly.

"Oh! Are you okay? Let's go to the car. I'll take you home." Seulgi noticing her red face thought that she's cold or not feeling well so, they enter the car.

"Sorry about that. It wouldn't happen again. I'm being selfish over you." - Seulgi

"It's okay. Your just over protective I guess." - Irene.

Before the silent drive, Seulgi text her mom. Seulgi can't speak thinking it might lead to misunderstanding. They keep quiet but not in a awkward mood.

They got to the apartment safely and silently. Before Irene can say goodbye to Seulgi. Their phone ring.

Seulgi's conversation:

"Eomma. Why?"

"Are you with Irene right now?"

"Yes Eomma. Why?"

"Bring her here. We will have dinner. Your Sooyoung Emmo brought foods."

"Really! Okay. We're on the way."

"Take care okay. Don't drive fast."

"Yes. But tell unnie to not eat it all."

"Hahah okay my baby bear. Bye."

"Bye Eomma."

Irene's conversation:

"Hello? Joy?"

"Unnie. Where are you?"

"I'm in the apartment. Why? You're not here?"

"No. I'm with Yeri. Yuri Emmo invite us for dinner. And by the way your mo... I mean Tiffany Emmo was looking at you."

"Tiffany Emmo? Why?"

"I don't know. Just come here. Bye unnie."

"Hey. Wait Jo..."

But the call ended. "Aishh! That kid really."  She said.
When their call end. They look at each other. And speak at the same time.

"Can I...."

"Do you..."

"You first." They both said and they start laughing.

"Ok. It's really you first this time." Seulgi said.

"Ahm! Can I come with you?"

"Did Yeri call you?"

"No. It's Joy."

"I see. Let's go. Eomma wants you to come too by the way."

"Your Eomma? Why?"

"Inviting you for dinner."

"Ahm! Okay. Let's go then."

"Let's go." Seulgi said and hold her hand with a smile on her face which also make Irene smile.

They got to YulSic house. Everyone is already in the dining room. Seulgi thought that something is wrong. While Irene feel like the atmosphere different. Like something serious going to happen.

"You two are here. Sit down." Yuri said.
Irene bow to all of them. Seulgi guide her to her seat and sit after her.

"What happened here Appa? Why everyone is so serious?" She ask can't stand the serious atmosphere.

"Let's eat first. Don't let the food wait. It's getting cold." - Jessica.

Jessica know that someone might walk away when they tell the news. She don't want any of them walk with empty stomach.

After the dinner. Yuri order them to gather in the living room. Everyone was serious having a hint of what Yuri might tell except for Irene and Seulgi.

"Everyone here might have a clue what will Taeyeon and Tiffany might tell. And just want to hear the result but Irene and Seulgi need to know so, let Taeng talk to them first." Yuri said.

That's Taeyeon cue that she can now start. Tiffany and Seohyun sit beside her and she start talking.

"Seulgi ah. Irene ah. Don't be mad at us to what we will tell you okay, especially you, Irene. Let hear us first." Taeyeon said looking at them. Then she continue.

"You know that our 2nd child is missing right. That she was taken in the hospital by the nurse that assigned for the babies.
We found out that the nurse is your mother. Mrs. Bae Suzy. So, we look for your background without you two knowing. And the detectives said that your mother suffered on depression because of her miscarriage. Your father. Mr. Lee Minho was blaming your mother. So, your mother decided to ran away from her husband and lived in Seoul. She start working in the Seoul National Hospital were Tiffany gave birth. When she was assigned to the nursery her depression got worst and thought that you are her child. She escape the hospital without anyone knowing. But in the same time she escape she brought you. We check the CCTV camera in that room. We see that she wrapped you by your blanket which Tiffany made. That blanket had your initials. KJH. Which is your true name. Kim JooHyun." Taeyeon stop noticing Irene might can't take it all in one go.

"So, you're telling me that I'm your child? That I'm Kim JooHyun?"

"Yes. And we're sorry sweetie for not telling you this immediately." Tiffany.

"How are you sure that it's really me?" Irene ask.
She was crying already. So, Seulgi hug her even though she's also shocked about this.

"We ask for Yeri and Joy's help about that. Yeri took the glass you had drink and Joy get some of your hair in your comb. We get it and go the hospital to test it. And here is the result." Taeyeon give them the envelope and Seulgi open it for her.

"It's positive Irene ah. You're match with my DNA. You're Kim JooHyun." Seohyun.

The Kim family hold each other hand when Irene look at the result. When she see it. She stand up and run.

"Irene!"

"Baechu"

"Unnie!"

They all call for her but she keep running. Worried is all over Seulgi's face.

"Follow her Seulgi." Yuri command.

She look at Taeyeon and Tiffany asking their permission and they nod. She follow her. She didn't stop until she didn't found her.

Meanwhile Irene keep running. She don't know where she is going but she just want to run away from them. She still processing the truth. She stop and look around noticing she was in han river. She look at the starry night sky and talk to her mother.

"Eomma. Why you didn't tell me? Why do I need to know it by other people? Why did you keep me away from my true parents? WHY!?" She shout it all.

Even tho her mother can't hear her. She fall in her knees and continue crying. It's been minutes when she stop crying. In that exact time Seulgi found her. She hold her shoulder and make her stand.

"Stop crying. Here. Wear this." Seulgi said and put a jacket at her.

"What will I do Seul?" Irene ask and cry again.

"You can't do anything about the truth Irene. But it's up to you if you will avoid them or accept them and be happy." Seulgi said hugging her while petting her hair.

"Can you get me out here. I want to think first." Irene ask.

"Do you want me to send you in Joy's apartment?" - Seulgi

"No. I want to be alone please."

"Okay. Stay at my apartment. I will stay at my parents house for a while. Is that okay?" - Seulgi

Irene nod and break the hug. They call a cab and enter. Seulgi didn't let go of her. She keep hugging her by shoulder and holding her hand. Which make Irene calm. 

The cab stop and they proceed to her apartment. She guide Irene in her room and let her sit in the bed. She got some water at the kitchen and give it to Irene.

"Are you okay now?"

"A little. But I'll be fine."

"Do you want me to stay to accompany you?"

"No. It's okay Seul. You can go there. I want to be alone to think."

"Okay then. Call me if you need anything understand?"

"Yes. Thank you for letting me stay here."

"You don't need to thank me. You're always welcome here. This can be yours too in the future." She said which make Irene smile a little.

"There. Smile for me. I don't want to see you cry. It hurts me too."

"Thank you Seulgi for everything."

"Your always welcome. So, I'll go now. Take care and call me."

"Yes. Take care. Tell them I'm fine."

Seulgi nod and leave. Irene look around and decided to take some fresh shower. She go to Seulgi's closet and pick some pajamas. "I'll just tell her later."  She thought.

Seulgi arrive at home and everyone was waiting for her especially the Kims.

"Did you found her?" Taeyeon ask worried about her daughter.

"Yes Emmo. She's in my apartment right now. She said she want to be alone."

"That's a relief." Taeyeon sigh in relief.

"I guess we shocked her huh." Yuri said.

"Of course Appa. Even me got shocked. Why no one tell me about this. Am I that irresponsible to you?"

She was upset knowing that she was the only one in the family not know about this.

"Don't be upset now Seulgi. We saving you from a problem. So, be thankful." Jessica scold her 

"But Eomma. You know that I'm courting her. I must know about this to comfort her." She reasoned why.

"Stop it Kang Seulgi. It's your mother who you are talking." Yuri also scolded her.

"It's okay Seobang. She has a point." Jessica hold Yuri's hand to calm her.
She know Yuri was starting to get mad at Seulgi because Yuri don't want that her child rise a voice or disobey their mother.

"Calm down Seul. Appa might be upset with you. Stop reasoning Eomma. Calm your self." Yoona whisper at her and tap her shoulder.

"But how is she Seulgi?" Tiffany ask.

"She said she's fine. But she was crying madly when I found her in the han river."

"Han river huh. She's really is my child." Taeyeon said. Remembering that han river is also her to-go destination when she had problems.

"My poor child. What we will do now TaeTae?" Tiffany ask her wife.

"It's all up to her Fany ah." Taeyeon said with the hint of sadness.

"I hope she realize that we're missing her. That we want her to become a real family." Seohyun said with also sadness.

"Let's pray for that to happen." Krystal said after being silent for the entire happenings.

Everyone go on their own perspective house with one hope. For Irene to accept and join their family.