Chapter 19

My blessing

Waking up from her sleep. Irene saw the rays of the sun. It's already past 8:00 AM. "I need to go back in the apartment. For sure Seul will go there." She said to herself. She clean herself and wear the clothes she left there. She was about to exit the house when she remember what she fund last night. She get the box and made her way to go home.

Meanwhile Seulgi was still outside. She was sleeping when she heard a door closed. She wake up and see Irene walking out of the house. She call a cab and enter. Seulgi following her. Good thing she file a sick leave to watch over Irene.

When Irene got to her apartment. She make a turn and goes to order some breakfast at Sooyoung restaurant.

"Hey kid. What are doing here?" Her Sooyoung Emmo ask with Sunny in her side.

"Hi Emmos. I order some food for Irene."

"Oww! But don't you have work?" Sunny ask her.

"I file for a sick leave. I need to take care of her. Especially now. This is the time she need someone."

"That's my kid. But how is she? Taengo said she's still not going to her work." Sooyoung was curious especially now that she know that Irene is her niece also.

"Like what I'm telling to Taeyeon and Tiffany Emmo. She's always go to han river at night. But last night she goes to I think their old house. She just got to my apartment this morning. Maybe she know that I will visit her." Seulgi informed them.

"We understand. Take care of her okay. Don't forget to ask your Tiffany and Taeyeon Emmo their blessings for the two of you after all of this okay? They are still her parents." Sunny remind her. That thought escape her mind but for now, she need to look for Irene first.

"Yes Emmo. Thank you for reminding me. I'll get going. She must be hungry."

"Take care Bear." Her Emmos said.

"Ah! Emmo. Tell Taeyeon Emmo what I've told you about her whereabouts last night. Thank you. Bye." Then she run to her car.

She drive fast. She don't want Irene to starve. When she get there she used her card to open the door.

"Baechu! I'm home." She shout.

"I'm in the room." Irene replied.

She goes to her room and find her covering her puffy eyes. Seulgi pretend to not knowing anything and just let it.

"How are you? I bought breakfast. Let's eat." She hold Irene hand and they go to the dining room.

"I'm fine. And I didn't tell you but last night I go to Daegu."

"Daegu? What did you do there?"

"I just want to look back at the memories there and find where Tiffany Em...I mean mother the blanket she made for me."

"So, did you find it?"

"Yeah. And I also find my mother's letter for me that put in a notebook."

"Did you read it already?"

"Not yet. I'm planning to read it later at night. I'll go the han river."

"Can I go with you then?"

"No. Don't worry. I'm fine."

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Don't worry."

After the breakfast. Irene show to Seulgi what she found in her parents room. She stay at Irene side. Until she need to go back home for some urgent work.

 

SungJae and Bogum was polishing their plan on the secluded place. They are making sure no one can hear them.

"Let's meet up in the shop near to where she always sitting okay?" - Bogum

"Yeah. We better come there early though. For her not find us and just think that we're just some person walking around." - Sungjae

"Obviously. So, it's already set. I'll see you later. And wear something can hide your face."

"Yeah. I understand."

 

It's already night. After eating dinner with Seulgi and Joy in a near restaurant, they go back to Seulgi's apartment.

"Will you accompany me today?" Irene ask Joy cause she seems like not having a plan to go to her apartment.

"Yeah. So, let's wait for Seulgi Unnie to leave before we go okay." Joy said knowing Irene don't want Seulgi to see her sad or crying.

"I think I need to go home now. Eomma and Appa must be looking for me." Seulgi said overhearing what the two said.

"Take care Unnie." - Joy.

"Bye. Take care of your Unnie for me okay." Seulgi said referring to Irene.

"Of course Unnie. You don't have to worry." Joy said while waving at her.

"Bye Baechu. Call me if you need anything okay?" Irene just nod.

"What about me Unnie. I have many things I need." - Joy.

"I'm not asking about you. Just ask your girl. Don't you think I know huh." Seulgi said with annoying smirk on.

"Hehehe sorry about not telling you two. It came off our mind." - Joy.

"Don't you hurt our child you understand? If you hurt her. My gun is always with me." Seulgi threatened her.

"Yes Un...unnie." Joy shivered at how Seulgi look at her.

"I'll get going. Bye you two."

The two accompany Seulgi to the door. She start her car and leave.

"Let's go Unnie?" - Joy.

"Wait for me here. I'll just the notebook." Irene walk upstair and get her mother notebook for her.

"Let's go. Lock the door. Don't forget the keys." - Irene.

They was already near the han river. Joy didn't say anything. She just keep following Irene. When they got there Irene stare at the river for a few minutes not letting go of the book. When she feel like her feet was starting to numb, she seat on the bench and start reading the book.

To my dear Irene.
It's your seventh birthday today. I want to tell you everything but I'm afraid you will find them and leave us. I can't take it so, I decided to hide it to you. I'm sorry.

March 29, 1998

She flip to another page while the tears in her eyes was starting to form.

To my only daughter.
Your a teen now. I still feel bad for keeping you from your real parents. I just can't let you go. I love you so much that I can't bear it if you will leave my side. I'm sorry my child.

March 29, 2004

She can't hold it anymore and start sobbing. She miss her family.

My sweetheart Irene
Happiest birthday my dear. Your already 16. I hope you like my gift for you. I wish for you to have more birthdays to come. Remember that I'm always at your side. I will always guide you. If ever you have seen this, your hospital record is in the box under my cabinet. You will see everything about your self there. I'm sorry my love if I can't tell you this in person. If you read this I hope you will understand my reason. I just want to have a daughter. So, I need to keep you for myself. I'm sorry. Really really sorry my dear. I wish your happiness all the time. Remember that Eomma will always love you even your not from our blood and flesh.

March 29, 2007

Reading the book makes her cry hard in Joy's embrace. She really miss them already. All the memories flashes back. She wish she never knew this but she also know that this time will come and she need to face her real family.
Seulgi is already worried seeing Irene crying. She was keeping her eyes in the two but suddenly Yeri call her. She exit her car and take the call.

"Hello. Appa." - Yeri

"Yes? What is it?"

"Did you put the tracking devise at them already?"

"Ah yes. Are you sure of what you see last time?"

"Yes Unnie. I'm sure. That's Bogum and Sungjae. I think they're planning something."

"Okay. I will keep my eyes on them. Bye."

"Bye Unnie. Good luck."

 

While Seulgi was on the phone. The two was already walking to the two. They face them which make the two shock.

"Bogum sshi?"

"Sungjae ah!" They both said.

"Hi girls." Bogum said smiling at them.

"Long time no see my beautiful girl Joy ah." Sungjae said and touch her cheeks.

"Don't touch me!" Joy shout at her.

When Joy shout the two panick. They don't want any attention from people around. So they get their handkerchief with something on that will make you dizzy and sleep. They make them inhale it, the two keep screaming. But that was already feeling dizzy. The two put them in the car and enter their separate car.

Seulgi look immediately at the source of the noise. She was late. She see Irene unconscious same with Joy. She see the two guy who she suspect that Sungjae and Bogum. But the problem is who she gonna follow. They entered a different car. She need help. She call Yeri and tell her what happened. She see that Irene fall her notebook, she pick it up and keep it in her car.