When Jealousy Strikes

Behind The Limelight

 

Shooting was resumed after two weeks. The script has been revised over and over again. I had a double in the car scene, and the next two scenes after that. Eun Bi felt better after I was discharged from the hospital.

Hyuk Jae always called me up, asking if I’m okay. I repeatedly told him that I’m fine, but still he couldn’t stop asking. I viewed it as a blessing in disguise. I was happy that he did just that, though for him it only meant as a friendly gesture.

We did another scene. It was in an office, of what seemed like the president’s one. Eun Young, played by my best friend Eun Bi, stood almost a couple of meters apart from the table. I was seated on a swivel chair, turning it slightly as I enjoyed the comfort it offered. I shot a stare at her, as required by the scene.

“Kim Seok Hyeon, you don’t really know me? You must be brainwashed, or you must have hit your head at something hard.” Eun Young said, with tears b at the corners of her eyes .

Seok Hyeon took over me.

“Yeah. Jung Eun Young, right? I know you, but not that much. Have we met at some random bar before? Or maybe you’re one of those cutesy s who chase after me? You know, I was a campus heartthrob in high school.” I answered sarcastically.

Eun Young curled her hand into a tight fist.

“Yes, you know me. Remember the girl you promised forever, and you left behind without any reason. I hope my words will cut through you. In that way, you know how much I mean to you.”

I clenched my jaw.

“You’re dreaming.”

Her tears fell down in unison. She didn’t say a word while I continued to stare at her.

“You’re really heartless.” she said firmly.

“That’s the way I am, and you can’t blame me.” I replied.

She stormed out of my sight. As her heels ticked on the floor, I remembered the time when Hyuk Jae was leaving me to study abroad. That brought a surge of pain in my heart as she faded out in the view. A tear fell down from my eye, reminiscing the promise he made. Six years of waiting for him. Now tell me how stupid can that get? And what’s worse is that I’ve been loving him ever since I met him.

“Cut!” Hyuk Jae shouted, signaling that the scene has been recorded.

Everything went back to normal. Eun Bi and I were back into our normal selves again. She walked into my direction and hugged me tightly.

“That was good. I love it.” she said, referring to our scene.

“Thanks. You’ve worked hard.” I answered with a big smile. We headed to our seats to eat and read the script. The next scenes were full of yelling and bickering.

“In all fairness that was pretty good. Prepare yourselves for the next scene. We’re shooting in the next forty-five minutes.” Hyuk Jae said smilingly. I secretly smiled back, knowing that it would make me happy.

“Yeah. Thanks.” Eun Bi replied.

Hyuk Jae turned to me.

“Are you okay now?” he asked me.

I looked up at him. His eyes bore on me, and it made me crazy all over again. He held this certain power over me. I got tongue-tied when I talk to him, but I still tried my best to not let it show.

“Yeah. I’m feeling right. You don’t have to mind me.”

He pouted his lips, making him cuter in my eyes.

“How can’t I mind you? We’re best friends, right?”

 I just grinned and shifted my eyes away from him. I felt my heart pick up a steady pace. It was all because of him.

“Hyuk Jae!” a girl called out from some place. He turned to see her, then he waved his hand. A beautiful girl walked up to our direction. She brought a box of cake for him.

“Hi! It’s good to see you again.” he said happily.

I felt my heart break into pieces. I knew I had no right to feel this, and it’s very wrong, but I couldn’t stop myself from feeling this way. I watched them as they exchanged affectionate gestures to each other.

Jealousy. That was one emotion that overruled me now.

Finally, they bid their goodbyes. I felt like a thorn has been pulled out of my chest.

Hyuk Jae caught my eyes. I froze for a split second and then focused me eyes back on the script.