Long - Awaited

Behind The Limelight

 

Dong Hae's POV

 

I opened my eyes and saw Hyuk Jae looking at me. His hand was tightly held against my own. I could feel my heart beating faster, and all I could see through his eyes were some inexplicable emotions.

“What do you want, Hyuk?” I asked. I tried to move my hand away, but he quickly grabbed it and held it tighter. His eyes narrowed a bit, as if he was examining my reaction carefully.

“Don't move.” he said.

I was getting confused. He was really acting weird.

“Why?” I asked again.

“I said DON'T MOVE.” he stressed. There was a sense of authority in his voice. I froze in my position as he let go of my hand and sprang from his seat. He stood up and pinned my two arms on the edge of the backrest.

“What's the meaning of this? Won't you let me go? Lee Hyuk Jae, I'm warning you. I'll kick your knee of you push through with this.” I threatened. In response, his jaw clenched in one swift second. I provoked him now, and his grip was getting stronger and stronger.

“Does it hurt?” he said, referring to the effort that he exerted on my arms. Hell, it was pretty obvious, right?

“Let me go.” I said firmly.

Instead of obeying me, he leaned down and harshly pressed his lips against mine. My eyes popped open in shock, and it took me a while to register that he was indeed kissing me. I couldn't move a single inch of my muscles. I felt a series of unexplainable emotions in my heart. Happiness- that finally Hyuk Jae decided to return my one-sided love. Doubt- I didn't know if he was just playing a game with me. Threatened- if we ever had a relationship, there was a big chance that this story would circulate throughout Korea. It would affect both of us and the people that we love. My mind was rambled up for the moment. I couldn't think of anything but the movement of Hyuk Jae's lips beneath mine.

 

His lips never stopped moving, and I could feel my eyelids close. I returned the kiss, keeping up with his pace. It felt so soft, and it began to deepen in the next few seconds.

A loud moan escaped from my mouth, as he searched deeper of what was inside me. His kiss completed every part of my being,it's as if there's never a moment more perfect than this. I let myself to be devoured by the sudden rush. Slowly... completely... DEEPER.

 

 

We lay next to each other on the bed, as the night gradually falls in. His arms were tightly bound on my torso, and his chin rested on my shoulder. He was closer to me more than ever. I still had that uplifting feeling after we made out on the couch. Above all feelings that I felt at that moment, happiness ruled over my heart. I never thought that my prayers would be answered in a different way. He made up with the six years that we lost, but this time, it was laced with love.

I moved a little, and then I heard Hyuk Jae speak up.

“Is there something wrong?”

I broke free from his touch and sat up. He also sat up and gladly acknowledged the stare.

“I'm just afraid. What if they'll know about us? I don't want to hurt Yoon Sung and Eun Bi.” I said.

For an instant,his face ran out of expression. He stared out into an empty space, much to my dismay.

“Hyuk...”

“ I also don't know. But I know we'll get through with this. I'm sure of that.” he said.

I didn't know if I could hold on to his promise. He seemed to fade out of nowhere.

Suddenly, a tear ran down along my cheek.

He reached out and wiped it with his thumb.

“Don't be afraid, Hae. As long as we're together, we can endure any circumstances. Always remember that I love you so much.”

I smiled, but never spoke a word. He lightly pecked on my lips and smiled back.

Our torrid kiss was his confession of love. Despite the unnerving feeling that was present in my body, I was still happy to have him by my side. His words echoed in my mind, and in my heart, the long-awaited moment that I've been looking forward to came true.