Abducted

Behind The Limelight

 

I was awakened by the smell of a man’s perfume. My nose responded to the scent, and eventually I opened my eyes. I found myself in another room, not Dong Hae’s, not even my own. Silence roared in the whole place. I was alone, lying on the bed, with the white sheets and pillows trying to lure my eyes into not seeing any color. I didn’t know how I wore the white jogging pants and the white shirt on my body. These weren’t the last pieces of clothing that I wore. Someone... yeah, a certain someone, hit me on the head and brought me here. I didn’t know who. He must be the owner of this place. Wherever he is right now, I’m sure he’s in a good place.

I stood up and searched for an exit. The door was dead bolted. I opened the windows but fear took over me when I looked down below. I realized that I was in the twentieth floor of this condominium. I scratched my head in frustration. There wasn’t any way out. I’m trapped in this cold room, and felt like I couldn’t breathe. Everything seemed so claustrophobic for me.

Without giving it much thought, I sat on the side of the bed. I was desperate. What about Hae? I haven’t contacted him for the past few hours. He expected my call because he needs me. With this situation I’m in, that was too impossible.

“How do you like it?” someone asked me. I heard the bathroom door close and steps coming into my direction.

I spun around to find out who that jerk was.

Yoon Sung.

Yoon Sung? How could he! Betrayal was the first feeling that registered straight into my heart. He betrayed me. He betrayed Hae. He let himself be consumed of his own anger. I clenched my hand into a tight fist and without a word I stood up and quickly punched his face. He fell off with a loud thud on the floor. I wanted to beat him until he begs me to stop. He was too much, and knowing that it’s too cruel, I jumped into a conclusion that he uploaded the video.

He got up and wiped the blood off of his mouth. He looked at me and smirked, the kind of expression no one can ever trust.

“Why?” I said. He was still quiet.

“Why did you do this to him?!” I raised my voice at him. His face turned serious ad walked up to me.

“You’re asking me why?” he started. His gaze was on the floor, desperately trying to avoid my eyes. When he was inches near me, he said, “Because I love you.”

I stood there dumbfounded. At this instance, I had nothing to say. It was wrong, wasn’t it? He was just carried away with his anger for Hae. He let himself. This was all a joke, a part of a stupid dream. I’d wake up any minute. I would wake up.

Frozen in my position, he grabbed the moment to kiss my lips gently. My eyes were wide open as his lips moved against mine. I didn’t move an inch, trying not to give in to the running sensation it brought. Now I’m the one betraying Dong Hae. I knew this was wrong, but I found myself getting drawn to this pleasure.

Yoon Sung ran his hand from my waist to my hair, then to my chest and torso. He pushed me to the bed and lay on top of me. His kisses ran to my neck, mimicking that effect that I fell every time Hae kissed me. A tear, instead of a moan, came out of nowhere, and suddenly I pleaded.

“Please, stop this.”

He automatically stopped and looked at me with confusion. He rushed his thumb on my cheek to wipe my tear off.

“Why? I told you I love you right? Ever since we were in high school, I already love you. But then you always go to Hae, be with him every single second and it made me jealous to death. Even until now. That’s why I took a video of you kissing on the rooftop, and I put it on the internet. I’ve been dying to ruin him so you can be mine.”

This was absurd. He was going beyond his limitations.

“You’re crazy.” I said and rolled my eyes.

“Call me crazy, but I’ll always love you Hyuk Jae.” He replied and attempted to kiss me again. I kicked his abdomen and hurriedly got up from the bed. I ran to the door and tried to find a way to unlock it. He grabbed the collar of my shirt and pushed me back to bed. I was unable to move when he pinned my arms and stepped on my feet.

“You can’t just escape from here without my permission!” he yelled. My heart was stunned by the loud boom of his voice. I breathed a few seconds before answering him.

“Leave us alone! Leave me with your brother. We love each other and won’t love you. It’s pretty clear right? You lose now, Yoon Sung.”

“Shut up!!!” he screamed. He cried in front of me. I knew he would insist his feelings for me, and I’m not giving him any chance. I love Dong Hae. He’s all that matters to me.

“No, you shut up!” He slapped me on the face.

“I’m not giving you up. I won’t surrender until you’ll learn to love me more than you loved him. You won’t go anywhere until you say you love me.”

He was really crazy. My hands shook under his grip. “Let me go.”

With the weakest strength that he could exert, he got up from me and went out of the room. it was dead lock again, and I lay there feeling guilty for him and Hae, and how his revelations affected the three of us.

 

Dong Hae’s POV

 

Like what he said, I denied all the bad things people were throwing at me. I knew it’s hard for them to believe, but it’s harder for me to bear. This ruining feeling I felt every time I think about it slowly killed me inside. All that I worked for seemed to fade into thin air. Even Yoon Sung disowned me because of this. My devastation would have gone into the extremes if Hyuk Jae didn’t comfort me. I need him more than I could imagine. His love kept me strong and alive. Eun Bi and Min Yeong came along and never left my side.

I really don’t know what to do. Over the internet, I was attacked with hate messages. People were getting meaner these days, I understand, but some of them were already ‘below the belt’. I smiled when I read messages of support and acceptance. There were some who didn’t care, and their messages went astray instead.

‘Hae is a ! He perfectly hid it all these years. Damn him.’

“Ya! Don’t be mean to Oppa. Let him be if he’s happy with Hyuk Jae!’

‘So sad T.T’

‘Hyung- nim! : (’

‘We’re here for you, Oppa. Fighting!’

‘Don’t care. I just want to be South Korea’s next president. Showbiz ! :D”

I was trapped in mixed emotions. This issue affected my career, and as spontaneous as this could get, I decided to leave showbiz for a while.

“Have you contacted him?” Eun Bi asked.

“No. Not yet. He’s not answering his phone.” I held the phone closer to my ear. I was still hopeful that at this final ring, he’d pick the other line.

Ring... but no one answered.

I ended the call and turned to her. “He didn’t answer.”

She sighed and sat beside me on the couch.

“He’d be calling anytime soon.” she said.

I peacefully nodded. The doorbell rang thrice, and I got up to open the door.

“Hyung- nim...” I quietly said when I saw Yoon Sung standing in front of me.

He handed me a piece of paper to me. “Hyuk Jae wrote this for you. I don’t know where he is now, but he’s telling you he’s safe.”

I accepted the letter and flipped it open. As I read the contents, I felt disbelief take place in me. Every single word I came upon was a lie. He couldn’t mean this to hurt me,

Eun Bi stood beside me and put her hand on my shoulder.

“What’s that?”

I gave the letter to her then I rushed inside my room.