Flavored Beer

Passerby

 

Echo - Incubus


 

To: [email protected]
Subject: Invitation

Hey, Hyejin. I got your invitation and congratulations! It's been a long time since we've talked and, actually, I have read you email days ago and I am deeply sorry for that. I hope you understand. I have so many things to consider and think about before I can make a decision. I am currently in Iceland and was planning to move to Berlin. I haven't mapped out the migration yet. Then I got your email. Good thing I haven't booked a flight to Germany. 

Honestly, at first I don't know what to feel when I saw your name. I wish I have all the right words to put in here. Memories from when I was still there was brought back and it gave me a hard time to decide. Anyway, after a lot of thinking, I hope I still have a saved seat somewhere :) I really wish that I am not too late.

See you soon, Hyejin!

 

"Hit send! Hit send! Hit send!" Helga cried as she watched Wheein finalised her email for Hyejin.


"Okay, okay!" Wheein held her right hand up signaling the older woman to calm down.


Wheein tightly shut her eyes and breathed deeply. She opened her eyes and...


"Send!" Wheein said as she quickly pressed the 'Send' button.


"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! You did it!" Helga squealed in excitement.

 

Wheein stood up and ran around her apartment with her arms extended upward. She waved both of her hands as she ran screaming, "I did it! Holy ! Whaaaat iiiis haaappeniiiiiing?! Aaaaaaaaaaaaah!" Helga followed Wheein. They stopped when a knock on the door was heard.

 

"Oh! I'll get it!" Helga volunteered. "Just continue running!" She said as she ran to the door. She looked who's behind it. "Wheein! They're here!" Helga shouted to inform the younger girl but Wheein didn't hear it.

 

An old woman came to the living room. She watched the young woman run around like a little kid. A man with the same age stood behind the old woman.

 

"What happened to that kid?" The man asked Helga.

 

"Ask her!" Helga replied with a smile.

 

"PATTY! RUDY!" Wheein noticed the old couple standing there watching her run like a little girl. Wheein ran to hug them.

 

"Oh, Darling! Are you that excited to go home?" Patty asked as she pinched Wheein's nose.

 

"I don't even know, Patty!" Wheein replied as she catches her breath.

 

"Wheein, we brought food and I believe Helga brought drinks?" Rudy asked then turned to Helga when he asked about the drinks.

 

"Of course! I brought them! Yvann helped me." She said with confidence.

 

"So where is he?" Patty asked looking around the apartment.

 

"Oh, he needs to run the business. If he won't do then we ain't going to eat something. We got to keep the business running. One night's worth is still something, alright!" Helga explained as all of them went to the kitchen and started to dig in to the foods that the old couple brought.

 

"Ooh! Pasta!" Wheein cried.

 

"Not your usual but I know you'll love it!" Patty joked.

 

"Also before you leave please drop by at the store. We'll give you something for your travel." Rudy said.

 

The night started to end for the group of friends. Rudy didn't drink much because her wife has a low tolerance in alcohol. They left early because Patty's drunk and they have work tomorrow. Only Wheein and Helga was left.

 

"When's your flight again?" Helga asked as she opened another bottle of beer.

 

"In four days." Wheein said as she finished her beer. "This is my last beer. I don't think we can talk properly if I'm already -faced." The two laughed.

 

"Well, isn't that too early?" 

 

"There are some things I need to do and prepare. I don't want to look restless on Hyejin's wedding. Also, I need to find a place to stay. I'm too pretty to be homeless." Wheein winked at Helga.

 

"Mean!" Helga teased. There was a silent pause until Helga noticed something from the younfer girl.

 

"You look brighter. You must be happy."  

 

Wheein stared at the plain wall in front of her.

 

"I guess but also feel uncomfortable." Wheein said.

 

"Why?"

 

"Change? Growth?" Wheein adjusted her sitting position to until she felt comfortable.

 

"I don't understand. You've been jumping from places to places because you like the feeling of change  then you are telling me that right now as if you haven't felt change in a long time?" Helga asked shooting Wheein a confused look.

 

"What I had was a pattern of changes. Forgive me if I can't explain to you clearly. I go to new places and meet new people. I get to learn some of their cultute, I discover new places but it doesn't feel absolutely new. The thrill isn't that high anymore. Cluelessness, curiousity, it is there but not as much as I feel right now. The changes, the new things that I have been witnessing and experiencing came from a routine but this? This is absolutely new."

 

"I see" Helga nodded.

 

"I been moving forward for years then this. I never thought of this." Wheein let out a breathy laugh. " She looked at Helga who is looking at her with a puzzled expression.

 

"Are you going to settle down there?" Helga asked.

 

"I don't want to know. I don't even want to plan things right now. I'll just let things happen and see where it'll take me."

 

"Sounds good to me!" Helga nudged Wheein. "Hey, I gotta go now." The stood up and faced each other. "I can already see Yvann crying at the back of the bar right now." They laughed.

 

Wheein walked her friend outside her apartment. Before Helga left, she held Wheeins cheeks and said, "I've always wanted to have a baby sister. Thank you for letting me experience that! Call me before you leave, okay?" Helga gave Wheein a thumbs up and Wheein did the same.

 

"Okay!"

 

Wheein was too tired to clean her place. She went to her room and slept.

 

She woke up with a dim sky. The sun's just about rise? I felt like I slept for too long. Wheein thought to herself as she looked at her window. She turned and twisted her body trying to sleep again but nothing helped. She gave up trying and stared  at her ceiling. She was like that for half an hour until she heard a notification sound from her phone. She roamed her hands on the bed around her pillow to look for her phone. She couldn't find it so she broke her stare at the ceiling. She looked at the bedside table and there it was, screen facing down. She took it with so much effort trying not to move much. She looked at it and it was from Hyejin. She quickly opened it.

 

Oh my goodness! I don't know what to say! I've been waiting for this. I understand why you haven't replied sooner but, God! I am so happy right now. I can't wait to see you! And I also would like to apologize for not reaching out to you sooner. Let's see each other before the wedding? When are you going back? There's a lot of catching up to do. Oh my! I'm over the place right now and I hope I am making sense to you. Here's my phone number: (xxxxxxxxxxx). Message me when you get back here? Do you need a place to stay? I've been renting out my apartment after my partner and I moved in together. There's still an available room. Don't worry you don't have to pay for it! Holy ! I think I am losing my mind right now! Hahahahaha! I really missed you, Wheein. There's so many things that I wanted tell you and aaaaaaaaah! I don't think I'll ever get to sleep tonight! Just message me okay? OKAY???? That's all! See you soon, Jung Wheein!

 

It was too early for Wheein to comprehend everything that she just read but there one thing that struck her.


And I also would like to apologize for not reaching out to you sooner. 


Wheein wondered what would happen if Hyejin reached out sooner. Will she ever be here right now if Hyejin and her were still communicating with each other?

 

Will I ever get to live the same way I did if we are still friends? Will I ever be the person that I am now if we resolved everything sooner?

 

She went out to her bedroom to make herself some coffee but the moment she got out of her room, the mess that they left from last night slapped her awake. She grunted out the frustration she felt. She haven't started cleaning but she already felt tired. 

 

Wheein ignored the mess and head straight to the kitchen. She prepared herself a coffee and while waiting, she opened the refrigerator to get some food. Oooh, pasta! Wheein thought to herself when she saw a glass bowl with foil on top. She took a small amount of it and transferred it to a smaller plate. She reheated it on her microwave and while waiting she opened her email again and re-read Hyejin's email.

 

The coffee stopped boiling and not long after that, the pasta's ready to harvest from the microwave. She laid everything on a dirty kitchen table and settled herself on the chair. Before she can even hold the fork that was resting on top of her plate, she heard a notification sound from her phone again. She looked at it and it was from Hyejin's friend.

 

OH MY GOD YOU ARE COMING OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DOING THIS!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND HYEJIN!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND HYEJIN IS VERY HAPPY TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU!!!! SHOULD I PICK YOU UP FROM THE AIRPORT?????? HYEJIN WONDERED ABOUT THAT. SHE CAN'T STOP IMAGINING AND PLANNING WHAT TO DO ONCE YOU GET HERE!! I CAN'T STOP IMAGINING WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE! OH MY GOODNESS THIS IS CRAZY AND EXCITING AND FUN!!!!! SEE YOU WHEN YOU GET HERE, WHEEIN! 

 

The email made her smile. This woman is something else. She seems like a very annoying person.

 

Wheein stopped herself from giving this strange woman a reply. Instead, she went back to Hyejin's email for the third time and typed her reply.

 

Okay, great! I think I can find my own place but thank you! I appreciate it. My flight is in four days and I know it's too early but I realised that there are some things that I needed to do. I don't want to look restless on your wedding day. Got to take some beauty rest, right? You must be really busy with your wedding and other stuff so I'll just let you know when I'm all set up, okay? Thanks again! Let's catch up! 

 

Wheein wished Helga was here so she can ask what she thinks about her reply. Is it too plain? Is it too technical? Does she have make the texts in all caps? Does she seem like talking to a client? She doesn't know but she's sure that there's this strange kind of happiness and excitement crawling at the back her mind. She hit the send button on her phone screen and went back to her inbox. Again, she saw Solar's email. She smiled at the thought of her strangeness.

 

"Yeah, I don't think I ever want to meet you." She muttered to herself and chuckled.

 

Obnoxious. Wheein thought.

 

Days had passed and it was her time to leave. She was at the airport with two bags attached on her body and a paperbag with her 'usual' order that the old couple gave her. She has her trek bag hung on her back which is more than half of her size and the messenger bag that she carried with her hand. She felt uneasy and wondered how come she feels this way when she had done this so often. 

 

She was all set on her designated seat on the plane but her comfortable state was interrupted when someone with such strong scent sat beside her. One of the things that Wheein hated the most is a strong scent caused by too much perfume or whatever it is. The second time that the scent murdered her nose, Wheein grabbed her facemask from her carry-on bag and wore it. The person beside her noticed Wheein's action. 

 

"Hi!" The strong-scented person said. Wheein looked to her seatmate and she was surprised to see that this person is actually pretty. She couldn't stop looking at the woman's nose. 

 

Weird but cute. Oh, her front teeth is sort of huge but, still, cute. Wheein thought.

 

"Hi! English?" the woman pointed to herself. "Not good!" The woman added. The accent's familiar to Wheein.

 

"Korean?" Wheein asked and she flinched when the woman suddenly showed so much excitement and leaned closer to her.

 

Sure this don't know what personal space is. Wheein felt a little uncomfortable with her seatmate. She wished she didn't say a word. I'm so stupid. Ugh!

 

"Yes! Yes! I am Korean!" The woman started to talk in her own language. "Are you Korean too?" The woman asked with so much energy. Wheein nodded.

 

"I'm Byulyi! I went here for a vacation! Did you take a vacation too?" Byulyi asked as she extended her hand to Wheein. Wheein shook it and introduced herself. "I'm Wheein. I wasn't on a tour or vacation. I lived here for a couple of months." Wheein felt weird when she spoke in Korean. She hadn't talked to anyone in Korean for a very long time. She missed it.

 

"Oh, work assignment?" Byulyi asked.

 

"Nope. I'm a digital nomad." Wheein shook her head.

 

"A what?" Byulyi frowned. Wheein noticed the confusion on the woman's face. 

 

"Well, I've been moving from one place to another. I don't have a permanent home. You can think of it as travelling but I'd like to call it constant migration and freelance work is what's keeping me afloat. If I can't get online gigs, I try to find a short term jobs from places around." Wheein felt so good speaking in her first language.

 

"Oh, wow!" Byulyi's face was all O's. Both of her eyes are in the shape of O's as well as her lips and nostrils. "You're so cool! Was it diffic--" Byulyi was interrupted when the flight attendant started talking. They were given instruction on how to do this and that. Right after everything was done, Byulyi didn't waste a second to ask Wheein again.

 

"Was it difficult?" Byulyi asked.

 

"At first, yes. Paperworks are the most difficult part. Even now. But everything else was just difficult from the start." 

 

There was a long pause not because of sudden disinterest but Byulyi was actually trying to find more questions to ask Wheein.

 

"Oh! You're life is so interesting, you know? I envy you." Byul said with a smile on her face.

 

"I guess complicated things are interesting to you?" Wheein asked trying to make the conversation longer and it wasn't hard because Byulyi is talkative and attentive. Byulyi grew on her. 

 

"I don't know. I guess? I mean my life is pretty lame. When you told me your story, I suddenly realised that my life, ever since I got a job after college, was spent on a routine. There no spontaneity. Not so interesting!" 

 

"Slow down! You're life  must be boring but you are not." Wheein teased the other woman.

 

"Oh, wow! I didn't expect that from you. You want to know something?" Byulyi asked.

 

"What if I don't want to?" Wheein teased again.

 

"Psh! I should be the one being this smooth and greasy, you know? My friends gave me that throne." Byulyi bragged.

 

"And you are proud of it?" Wheein asked with soft laughs.

 

"Of course! Want to see?" Byulyi gave Wheein her side profile and winked at her.

 

"Wow! Amazing! Do it again?" Byulyi was surprised from Wheein's reaction. She usually get a disgusted face whever she does that. She was so happy from the reaction she got so she did it again in a heartbeat.

 

"We should hang out some time, Byulyi." Wheein said with sincerity. She wanted to be friends with her.

 

"Yes! We should! I want to hear all of you adventures too! Do you drink? Also, Byul is enough but if you are feeling extra, call me Moonstar!" Byul did the wink again and it made Wheein burst out from laughing. She immediately stopped when she realised how loud she was.

 

Throughout the plane ride, they shared their stories to each other and Wheein told her that she haven't been in Korea ever since she left. Byul showed her all the new things that was built and grew in Seoul. She even taught Wheein the trends and the words/expressions that young people say. They talked a lot and had so much fun that the flight became faster and lighter.

 

They were at the arrival station and Byulyi who knows where her next destination is casually walked away after their exhange of goodbyes.

 

"Hey, I almost forgot to get your number!" Byul turned around and ran back to Wheein.

 

Byul took out her phone when she reached Wheein. She opened it and waited for Wheein to spit out her mobile number. 

 

"I don't have a local number yet. Just add me on instagram or something and contact me there for now." She typed her username on Byul's phone and gave it back. "Give me your number then I'll give you a call or leave a message once I got mine. Is that okay?"

 

"Okay!" Byul gave her a thumbs up.

 

They exchanged their contact infos then parted. Wheein was left there like a lost puppy. She looked aroud to see where she can standby while searching for a place to go. She sat on the waiting area and browsed coffee shops near the airport. Plenty of minutes passed by when she found something that looked like they serve good coffee but not too pricey. She used her app to locate the place. 

 

The moment she got out of the airport and saw the city, she felt sick. She never liked  the city. She's not a fan of tall buildings that covers most of the sky from her view. She never liked the feels of the city life. She can't wait to go back to Joenju. the cafe. Wheein ditched the coffee shop and made a different turn. She looked at the time on her phone. She took a cab to take her to the train station. It's the fastest. 

 

­­­--------

 

Wheein went straight to her family's house. From all of the houses around, theirs was the darkest. It looked so creepy that it can pass for a horror film. Wheein smiled at the thought. It was a good thing that she haven't lost the keys. I guess I'm really meant to be back here, huh? 

 

It was already night and it was dumb of her to even think of staying here for the night. None of the lights are working and everything's covered in dust. She went out and decided to go back there when it's daytime. She fished out her phone and looked for a place to stay and not long enough, she found one and it's just in front of her house.

 

It looked just like a normal house and it is exclusive for women only. She rang the buzzer a couple of times until someone opened the door. It was an woman in her 50's wearing full-on leopard print clothes. Her hair is very motherly-like (short with normal-sized curls). Wheein looked at her from head to toe. Oh, she missed this! Only in Korea. Wheein thought as she smirked.

 

She was led to her room. There are three beds. One single bed beside the window and a wooden bunk bed. She noticed that there are bags and other stuff lying arounf the bunk bed.

 

"Someone's here too?" Wheein asked while she's looking at the bags.

 

"Yes, they are visitors from Seoul. They just got here too. Went out for food, I think."

 

Wheein nodded. The woman led her to the single bed by the window.

 

"This is your spot and there's your locker." The woman handed her a small key. "This is the key to your locker. You can take it from here?"

 

"Yes, thanks!" Wheein grabbed the key and nodded.

 

Once the woman left, she dropped her bag on the floor and settled the rest of her things to the desk near her. She skipped the part where she'll sit on the bed and observe the place. She threw herself in the bed. Lying facing up and staring at the ceiling, she's thinking of the activities that she'll do tomorrow. I need to clean that house soon. An hour had passed and she regained some of her strength to fish out some clothes from her bag and some toiletries. She needed a good hot bath.

 

When she returned from the bathroom, her roommates was already there. One was facing her back to Wheein while pulling out some clothes from a bag and the other one was just sitting on the bed. Wheein and the woman sitting on the bed met each others eyes. To her surprise, that woman is too familiar.

 

"Seulgi?" Wheein unintentionally said her thoughts out loud. 

 

"Oh, hi! I'm sorry but do I know you?" Seulgi asked. It was clear from her facial expression that she has no idea who Wheein was.

 

"I'm sorry, that was rude of me. I, uh, we meet years ago. You are Hyejin's roommate from college." Wheein bowed to Seulgi as she apologized. 

 

"I remember Hyejin but you need to be more specific." Seulgi smiled. "Hyejin brought a lot of people in the dorm." She laughed.

 

"Oh, I don't know if this will ring a bell but my name is Jung Wheein. I am her bestfriend--" Wheein was interrupted by Seulgi finishing her sentence.

 

"from Jeonju." Seulgi laughed with relief. Seulgi remembered everything about  that day.

 

"Oh. wow! You remembered. I didn't ecxpect that." Wheein didn't really expect that. She was surprised and happy.

 

"Of course! She told me a lot about you. Like, A LOT! You look different now! And I'll never forget that day you know." Seulgi said. The first words flattered her but the latter part made her heart sunk. It still felt raw for Wheein.

 

"Oh, yes. I will never forget that day too." Wheein let out a nervous laugh and Seulgi noticed it. 

 

"So, why are you here? I thought you live here? I mean why not stay at your place?" Seulgi asked.

 

"Yeah, I was about to ask the same thing too." The woman who was just done getting some clothes from the bag turned around. Another familiar face to Wheein. "Nice meeting you again! I hope you still remember me?" The woman winked at her.

 

"Smooth Moonstar" Wheein squinted and nodded with a smirk.

 

"Wait, you know each other too?" a surprised Seulgi asked. "And you support her greasiness?" She held the side of her her with both hands. "Holy ! I don't think I can last longer in this room with you two." Seulgi sprinted out of the room.

 

"I like that. Smooth Moonstar. It's more pleasant to hear than Greaseball Moonstar." Byul nodded as she walked to the bathroom.

 

---

 

Everyone was settled in their bed when Wheein's tummy started to growl. She ignored it because she's too tired to get up and grab some food. She decided to sleep it away but it it seemed like she's too hungy that the growling sound from her stomach reached Byul's ears.

 

"You gotta feed the monster so I both of us can sleep in peace." Byul said without moving.

 

"Light sleeper, huh?" Wheein replied. "I guess I should really feed this beast." She sat up and took her jacket. She put on her slip on shoes and grabbed her wallet and phone. When she was about to open the door Byul stopped her.

 

"Wait!" She stood up. "I want to g-" She was interrupted by a hand hitting her face. It was Seulgi. She was sleeping in the top bunk. Her hand swung to Byul's face and said, "Whispering won't cost you a fortune, Unnie."

 

"Aish! Want to come with us?" Byul asked Seulgi. There was a long pause and Wheein and Byul are waiting for Seulgi's response.

 

"What are you going to get?"  Seulgi finally said something.

 

"Pork. Grill." Wheein answered.

 

"Aaaaand Soju?" Byul addded.

 

"Game!" Seulgi said as she sat, went down from the top bunk, and get dressed in a flash.

 

------

 

"Ooooh I am so full!" Seulgi cried.

 

"Thank you so much for the treat, Wheein-ah!" Byul punched Wheein on the arm lightly.

 

"It's nothing! Thank you for accompanying me." Wheein bowed to Seulgi and Byul.

 

"Ey! Stop bowig to us. We're friends now! Friends don't respect friends!" Byul laughed.

 

"Wheein-ah," Seulgi got the younger woman's attention. The tone of her voice was low and stiff. "I tried to run after you, you know?" Seulgi smiled with sad eyes. Wheein knew what she's talking about and chose to not speak a word hoping that the topic would change.

 

"I clearly remember everything that day. You know why?" Seulgi asked. Now, Byul is leaning on the table listening to Seulgi. She knows Seulgi for a long time and this tone of her voice? It must be something very important. How come Wheein made so much impact on Seulgi when they just met once and for a very short period of time only? Byul wondered.

 

"No, and I don't know why you are telling me this." Wheein said with a nervous laugh. She is now interested to the topic.

 

"I know I am being rude to you right now but I just can't help it. Right after you left, the words the you said? The sound of your voice? The look in your eyes? The way your breathing changed? I felt incredibly hurt. I looked for you, you know? I ran after you but you were so small and there were too many poeple." Seulgi smiled.

 

"You noticed all that? Why did you ran after me?" Seulgi tried to lift the air but failed. Wheein wanted to hear more. She wanted to know why.

 

"I've seen people's emotions changes but you are the only person that... hmm, how do I say it?" Seulgi squinted her eye and looked somewhere far. She's thinking of a way that Wheein will understand.

 

"You are happy and excited and nervous all at the same time when I first saw you. Then, I saw how surprised you are when you saw me. I bet you don't get to see beautiful women that often." Seulgi smiled and winked at Wheein which earned a laugh. "After I told you where Hyejin went, I saw disappointment and anger. Sure everything went stiff from bones to muscles. But that was just for a very short period of time. Two or three seconds, maybe? Then, your face dropped. You became sad. Really sad. Before you said, 'I'll go now', I saw emptiness. You looked so empty. You eyes are empty. Your breathing became stable but you looked so empty." Seulgi looked in to Wheein's eyes and nodded.

 

"But why did you run after me?" Wheein asked. She's eager to know because the last person who ran after her was Hyejin. 

 

"I don't really know. But I never forgot that day." Seulgi said then held Wheein's hand. "I never forgot about you."

 

Wheein felt like throwing up. She didn't expect to hear this. She regret digging deeper. Now she had a lot of things to think about.

 

She thought that maybe if she walked a little slower, or stayed a little longer, maybe, maybe things could've turn out differently. 

 

What if?

 

"I guess if you found Wheein, you two could've been dating now. You look good together you know?" Byul said as she winked at the two of them. "Or maybe you, Kang Seulgi, will introduce me to this wonderful lady and we'll be the one dating each other. She's the only person who seem to enjoy all my greasiness."

 

"She's just being kind to you. Stop being so disgusting!" Seulgi cried as she slapped Byul's arm.

 

"Well that was something! You some kind of Psychologist or something?" Wheein asked trying to change the topic.

 

Byul laughed. "Seulgi? Psychologist?" She turned to Seulgi. "Psychologist reads a lot of books, right?" Seulgi nodded. "They study a lot of things right?" Byul asked again with wide eyes and Seulgi nodded then rolled her eyes. She knows where this is going. She wanted to bury Byul alive. "Then that is never going to happen because you know what?" Byuli, now, turned to Wheein. "This dum-dum here hates to read books and she doesn't even know what studying means! I have to drag her to school because I want us to graduate together! So we can rent a place together and work together. That was the plan and this trash right here doesn't seem to care about our plans!" 

 

"Slow down, Byul. We came here to eat, not to fight." Wheein was thankful that the topic changed then she noticed something. "Maybe you two should try to date each other. I might make or break your relationship right now but I think I am just as observant as you, Kang Seulgi." Wheein sat straight and crossed her arms.

 

"I don't date stupid people, Wheein-ah." Seulgi said as she opened another bottle of soju.

 

"And I don't date people with big ears." Byul said then she kicked Seulgi's shin.

 

"Yah! That hurts!" Seulgi hissed in pain and glared at Byul.

 

"Yah! Yah! Stop it! I have a question to ask." Wheein remembered what their house looked like. Even from the dark she knows that there are lots pf work to do and will need extra hand. 

 

The two stopped wrestling each other and looked at Wheein.

 

"Do you have plans tomorrow?" Wheein asked.

 

"Yes! I have work. Why?" Seulgi answered.

 

"Oh, I'm going to clean my grandma's house and I could use some extra hand. I was just wondering if you guys are available."

 

"I'm sorry, Wheein-ah. We can't! But we'll see after work. We have a shooting here for three days. Maybe we can still help you after that?"

 

"Yeah,sure! Anyway, what shooting are you talking about? Are you two some kind of film makers?" Wheein asked with wide eyes.

 

"Well, I am just a cameraman and Byul here is just tagging along. She wanted to see her crush." Seulgi answered. Wheein's now curious about Byul. I thought she works in the office? I thought she came back because of work in SEOUL.

 

"Based from the look on your face, I can see that you are wondering about  me? Want to know something?" Byul saw how confused Wheein's face while looking at her. 

 

"There's no point in asking if you are going to do it anyway." Wheein answered.

 

"I quit my job because of you." Byul confidently announced followed by a wink.

 

"WHAT?!" Wheein was beyond surprised. 

 

"Yes, I know. Stupid right? Got a good paying job then pshh! Nothing!" Seulgi whined.

 

"Are you happy?" Wheein asked Byul.

 

"Right now I am. I think I want to do what you're doing Wheein-ah. It's so exciting. I know you told me that it is not easy but I've been living my life in the easiest way. I'll admit that ever since I got into college, I know that my life is already mapped out. Get a degree, get a good paying job, have my own beautiful apartment, I'm still waiting for the girlfriend part. Does Seulgi count?" Byul asked Wheein.

 

"As a girlfriend?" Wheein asked.

 

"Byul-ah!" Seulgi's turning red but kept putting an agry act.

 

"Yes." Byul answered.

 

"You and Seulgi are more of a married couple. Wife I guess?" Wheein squinted and looked at Seulgi whose face is as red as a tomato.

 

"Wh-What?!" Seulgi's voice is shaking.

 

"Okay, shut up. So, going back. Wait! Were was I? Oh! Yeah I got it all good, you know. When I met you, I thought, 'I've been wasting my youth!'. You are younger than me but you've been to places, you've seen so many things, and you are wiser than I am! I just wanted to see if I'm meant to live a different life, you know? I don't want to be on my deathbed thinking about the things I should've done. While I was on my way home, I received a message from Seulgi saying that she'll be here in Jeonju for three days and there will be Lee Da Hee. Knowing that I will be seeing her tomorrow makes me my pants! Then that's it. I told myself that, this is it. I don't know what's going to happen but you told me that that was the best thing. To be honest, when I called our producer, I felt new? I don't know but I feel like I am now writing my own story? Do I make sense?"

 

"Was it the same for you?" Seulgi asked Wheein.

 

"Mine is totally different but let's not dig deeper. The night is good."

 

"I won't deny it but the moment I saw you when you came back, you're glowing." Seulgi turned to Byul.

 

"I knew it. You are starting to like me now." Byul teased Seulgi.

 

"You want me to beat you to death?" Seulgi coldly said.

 

"Yes, cutie." Byul winked at her.

 

"Eh. That's enough. We already drank too much and Miss Seulgi here will lose her if you said another word." Wheein said as she stood up to pay for their meal.

 

It was a great start for Wheein. She met great people even from her past. She made friends. She thought that it wasn't that bad.

 

Was it just me? 

 

While walking back to their lodging house, Byul wanted to buy something from the convenient store. When they arrived, she felt her phone buzz from her pocket. She fished it out and saw an email from Hyejin. She read it while roaming inside the store.


Hi! I would like to know if your already here in Korea. I believe today is your flight right? I would like to see you before the wedding and all. I can't wait to see you, Wheein-ah. Hope to--

 

Wheein bumped on an open refigrator door and heard someone squeal. 

 

"Agh! Son of a !" Wheein rubbed the part of her head that hit the door. She looked up and there was a woman on the other side. She was picking up some can of flavored beer. 

 

"Are you okay?" The woman asked. Wheen stood there admiring the beautiful features of the woman in front of her. Soon the woman placed the beer in the basket and closed the door. "Hey, are you okay?" The woman asked again.

 

"Yes, I'm okay. Not everyone get to humiliate themselves in front of a very beautiful lady." Wheein smiled. She's obviously trying to hide how emabarrased she was.

 

"Smooth. I like that." The woman nodded. "I'm Yongsun" she stretched her hand for Wheein to shake. "And you are?" The way the woman stared at her made her feel so many things but one stood out. Wheein felt alive.

 

You are something else, Yongsun.

 

"I'm Whe--"

 

"Puppy dog! C'mon!" A drunk Seulgi grabbed Wheein by the face then Byul came after. The two women violently dragged her out of the store. They are already at the other end of the street but she managed to fight her way out. She ran back to the store hoping to find her but she was gone.

 

this! I'm already hyped up! Those pussyblockers! 

 

 


This is waaaaaay longer than I expected. I don't know what happened to me  (O.O)