Mischief

Everything They Thought

New York is busy as ever. Board meetings everywhere after the opening of their new shop. It was what she craved, the busy life. It kept her mind off certain things. Things she’d rather not dwell on or forget if she can. 

 

 

 


She was back at her office once again signing permits when she sees her employees through the glass window of her office cheering and smiling about something. She turned to look at the clock and saw it was 12 noon and it must be lunch time they were so happy about.

 

 

 


Tiffany can’t help but look again at her employees because they were still huddling on the same place. 

 

 

 


There she saw the new addition to their team, Kim Taeyeon.

 

 

 


She must’ve bought everyone their lunch again, she thought.

 

 

 


Kim Taeyeon is the most diligent, hardworking and smartest apprentice the company ever had. She had to give her credit because Tiffany had to admit, the girl works professionally sending reports on time and even buying coffee for the whole bunch. She does everything the CEO told her to and never complains. 

 

 

 


Tiffany planned to make Taeyeon’s everyday in the office a bit harsher than usual. She told that herself 5 weeks ago after that faithful meeting. But she can’t seem to find a slip off on the girl’s side.

 

 

 

 

Always working efficiently that Tiffany told herself she would hire her after graduation if this wasn’t the same girl whom she met in London. Though Taeyeon never showed signs that she knew her, always polite and calls her Ms. Hwang occasionally, Tiffany was in a mess studying her apprentice. Taeyeon’s contract ends in two weeks and Tiffany has not known a new thing about Taeyeon except for:

 

 

 


Her birthday, March 9th.


Her age, 21. 3 years younger than her.


Was born in Korea.


And her academic achievement.


That’s it.


So she made a goal to squeeze out information before Taeyeon bids goodbye to their company. She tells herself that this was only out of curiosity, nothing more. It wasn’t a crush or anything. 

 

 

 


Though deep in her thoughts, Tiffany had caught herself staring way too much especially when Taeyeon submits her reports or asks for her signature. The ocean smell that Taeyeon wears as her perfume made Tiffany’s head swirl. And don’t forget that oh-so-white skin that she has everytime she caughts a glimpse of Taeyeon’s collar bone when the girl comes into her office with a disheveled suit due to working on too much finance reports.

 

 

 


“Miss Kim please fix yourself next time, you’re representing a good company. The employees should at least be on their best behavior and appearance” she gives her a stern warning while typing away on her computer to hide her blush.

 

 

 


“Yes Miss Hwang. I’m very sorry, I’ll go back to my table now and finish my work” Taeyeon looks flustered and quickly fixes her neck tie before leaving.

 

 

 


Hearing the door closed that time, Tiffany sinks into her chair. In her mind, if Taeyeon continues to leave her office like that, her employees might think they were making out inside her office.

 

 

 


--
“Taeyeon! Taeyeon! Taeyeon!”

 

 

 


She hears Wendy rushing to her table with papers on her hand.

 

 

 


“Miss Hwang wants you in her office right now and she’s more than pissed! You made a wrong report on the recent company budget. Oh my god, she’s gonna rip your head off! Here’s an advice, once she starts yelling just don’t talk and keep your head low. She’ll get tired eventually.” Wendy gives her the stack of papers and pats her back. 

 

 

 


“Goodluck!”

 

 

 


Taeyeon sighs, she reviews the stack of papers infront of her and sees the red marks her boss made. It was like a failed exam paper with the amount of red ink. She was cramming for her finals and her head hurt like hell today after meeting up with Hyoyeon and Yuri last night and yes, they stuffed themselves with alcohol which made Taeyeon like a sacrificial lamb going to her boss’s office right now. 

 

 

 


She has seen Tiffany furious once with her driver arriving late for the gala she was going to attend to, but right now with a report gone wrong, she can already hear Tiffany telling her how stupid she can get. All the things she heard about the Hwang Group of Companies are starting to come true. It was fancy and great with their CEO having the prettiest face on the business world but at the same time had a devil like attitude in her.

 

 

 


It reminded her of the movie she saw on high school, The Devil Wears Prada.

 

 

 


But this ain’t no movie she tells herself, because as she open the door and greets her, Tiffany Hwang was already facing her on her black leather chair with arms and legs crossed.

 

 

 


“You walk so slow.”

 

 

 


Her boss rolls her eyes and stands, she turns her back on Taeyeon and faces the city below her.

 

 

 


“I don’t get why you’re so smart and stupid enough to make an error on your last report. Do you know how much damage that can cause?!”

 

 

 


Taeyeon hungs her head low, “I’m sorry Miss Hwang, I had so much in my mind—“

 

 

 


“No.”

 

 

 


Tiffany cuts her off. She was still facing the window and Taeyeon takes the opportunity to look at her.

 

 

 


“I don’t need you reasons, I know your exams are coming. But Miss Kim, you should know that you cannot mix your personal life with office life. Once you do?,” she looks at Taeyeon “It will all burn down.”

 

 

 


Tiffany goes back to her seat.

 

 

 


“You have to finish it all today, office hours end in 30 minutes but you can work overtime.”

 

 

 


Taeyeon bows, “Yes Miss Hwang, I’ll submit it in 3 hours. I’m really sorry, it won’t happen again.”

 

 

 


Taeyeon leaves the office and goes back to work. She hears her coworkers leaving and bids her goodbye. Some wish her luck for her report, they know how Tiffany is when it comes to those stuff.

 

 

 


“It’s okay Wendy, don’t worry about it I’ll finish it all today” Taeyeon tells the other girl.

 

 

 


Wendy smiles at her “Sure you can! I’ll see you tomorrow then!”

 

 

 


Once that Taeyeon saw she was alone on their floor, she takes a peek on Tiffany’s office and sees her boss’s computer is still on, indicating she was still there.

 

 

 


Taeyeon smiles.

 

 

 


She opens a file on her computer and prints the documents. After printing, she removes the ‘wrong report’ on its clear folder and replaces it with the newly printed documents and places it neatly on the side of her desk.

 

 

 


She sinks on her chair and smirks as she begins to play on her computer while waiting for the three hours to end so she can submit her ‘new and correct report’ to her lovely boss.

 

 

 

 

AN: Late update! Omg, are people still reading this? I'm really sorry guys! Please leave comments and give me ideas, my mind is a complete mess right now due to certain things. Hope everyone's okay! Love y'all wonderful people.