A Day in Infamy

Just Another Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What?” Chaeyoung was obviously still asleep and didn’t fully grasp what was happening.

 

“I think I just got poisoned…” Mina said, unable to control the coughs that followed. “I need you to meet me at the office.”

 

“Can it wait like... 2 hours?” Chaeyoung huffed “It’s not like it’s your first time dying” she said when she heard Mina’s groan.

 

“Fine, but at least bring breakfast.” Mina hung up the phone and tilted her head back.

 

Looking towards the ceiling she though of what she could do for the next few hours. Her eyes scanned the room for something… probably old and dusty at this point. Getting up off the floor Mina stumbled toward the large bookshelf, pulling out a few books she finally found what she was looking for.

 

Pulling out a leather-bound journal, it was clear that this was as old, if not older, than Mina herself was. It wasn’t often she pulled this out, looking back to the last entry she read a date that would send shivers down the spine of anyone that experienced it, December 7th, 1941. It wasn’t hard to remember the things she saw that day, but this wasn’t the time to mourn again, she had a new issue to deal with.

 

Fumbling to her desk, Mina opened the drawer and pulled out a quill and ink. Though it may be old fashioned, she liked to keep some things consistent. Opening the book to a new page, she started the latest entry.

 

September 2nd, 2019.

 

Chaeyoung stretched her limbs with a yawn, she checked her phone to see what time it was. Seeing the clock show 7 am signaled her to finally start getting ready. Dragging her body out of bed, she made her way over to the bathroom not before stopping to look at herself in the mirror.

 

Lifting up her shirt gave her a clear view of the scar that was on ribs, gently running her fingertips over the newly healed gash gave the slightest sting, like breathing in after a piece of gum. It was interesting how some of the scars she had decide to disappear after awhile while others have stayed forever.

 

Thinking about it she wondered why Mina was in such a rush to meet up, last time her wife tried to kill her she didn’t even bat an eye, was something different? Thinking about it, Nayeon didn’t seem like the type to do this… maybe she was bribed. Chaeyoung’s eyes widened before she let out a laugh at what she had just thought

 

Taking off the rest of her shirt, she stepped into the shower and let the water wash away any concerns of the world. She forgot about the scar. She forgot about Mina, she forgot that she couldn’t die, but she didn’t forget about Tzuyu. She couldn’t forget about Tzuyu even if she wanted to.

 

Jeongyeon’s eyes slowly opened to the sun peering through her office windows. Slightly disorientated with the light suddenly flooding her senses, she brought her hand up to block the light, trying to remember what happened last night.

 

“Ah” she exclaimed as she sees the collection of files spread across the desk.

 

Picking herself up she decides that if she’s going to continue to do research she might as well get some coffee first.

 

Jeongyeon shuffled her feet all the way to the kitchen where she was met with the surprise of Momo and Sana, the latter cooking what seems to be breakfast and the former giving a disgusting back hug.

 

“You guys are disgusting you know?” Jeongyeon said as she grabbed a mug and started to brew some coffee “What are you doing here anyways?”

 

“Well you really can’t expect us to leave you alone after seeing what you asked for.” Sana smirked “And Momo says you have the best ingredients to cook with.”

 

“It’s true.” The older hummed

 

Jeongyeon could only shake her head at what her friends were doing, they could get whatever they wanted working for her still, they felt the need to do everything in her home. While waiting for the coffee to brew, what better idea than go get some breakfast.

 

“Soooo, whatcha cooking?” Jeongyeon cooed

 

“Just eggs, bacon and hash browns, why? Do you want some?” Sana grinned “You’ll have to get through Momo to get them”

 

A one confident and playful Jeongyeon turned into one that grew increasingly nervous with every look that Momo gave her. Momo wasn’t someone to mess with in general but get in between her and food? Well, Kang Daniel would tell you if he was still here.

He’s not dead, its just he was so frightened when he accidentally skipped Momo at a breakfast buffet that he got a restraining order and moved to Busan. This was the power that Momo brought to their team, ant this was exactly how Momo was staring at her right now.

 

“You know what? Maybe you should eat first…”

 

“Thanks, Jeongie~” Momo flashed a smile finally, the first words she’s said to her all day and it was about food. Unbelievable.

 

Jeongyeon let out a sigh and picked up her fresh cup of coffee and started to head back to her office.

 

“Did you find anything?” Sana called, before she could escape.

 

“What do you mean anything? There’s a lot I could find out from their records y’know?”

 

“Well, anything at all. It’s not everyday you get the files for Myoui M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter