The Blind Man and the Cub

Just Another Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Waking up the next morning was a bittersweet experience, saying goodbye to all the individuals that she’s grown close to over her time here, learning about all the different cultures that were here together. Next thing she knew she was on a flight back to Korea, Jihyo fell asleep for most of the flight leaving Nayeon to her own devices for the 18-hour flight. She actually managed to get from Iron Man to Ant-Man in the duration. Sadly, she didn’t have enough time to get to Doctor Strange, she wanted to know why Mina was so in love with the character.

 

Upon landing back in South Korea, it was a little too quiet for Nayeon’s liking. She had gotten used to constant media coverage of her life, what with being a model and then marrying Mina, it was like the only way to escape the media was to leave the country and go to a remote part of the world to help the under privileged, which is exactly what she did for the past month. But this was off, there were barely any passengers around too, the only other passengers were the ones on Nayeon’s flight just now and even then, there were only a handful of them.

 

As Nayeon and Jihyo continued through customs headed towards their luggage, they were stopped by 2 women in sleek suits.

 

“Mrs. Myoui? Please follow me.”

 

“I actually prefer Mrs. Im, and why should I follow you anyways?” Nayeon batted back with a snarky tone. She didn’t like being told what to be and even less when it was a complete stranger.

 

“A security matter, I’m sure you understand.” The guard said with a smirk as she flashed the gun quietly holstered on her belt.

 

A reluctant Nayeon followed along leaving Jihyo at luggage claim since that’s what the guards told her to do, and Jihyo was never one to question somebody with a gun. The guards lead Nayeon to some remote part of the airport into a dimly lit windowless room and sat her down at a table for two. The guards only left once another individual walked in, presumably to watch the door so that nobody overheard their conversation.

 

“Myoui Nayeon… so nice to finally meet you” The voice said with an obvious smile across her face. This voice was calm, almost condescending in the way she spoke to Nayeon.

 

“I hope the guards didn’t cause you too much trouble.” The voice asked, “Sana and Momo sometimes don’t know their boundaries.” Setting down her briefcase, the mysterious woman finally sat down into the spotlight.

 

“Actually, I prefer Im Nayeon if you don’t mind, and to what do I owe this please Ms. Yoo Jeongyeon.” Nayeon remarked, leaning forward in her chair as to get a better look at the face across from her. “Last I heard you were in Paris for some promotional event.”

 

“Ah, well when duty calls, I must answer, besides I’m sure you understand that when it’s a matter of national security I must be involved.” Jeonyeon replied with a smirk, leaning forward to match Nayeon’s presence to which the other leans slightly back at this. “Listen, we’re both bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter