Warm Sun

Just Another Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun was shining brightly through Nayeon’s bedroom window, the golden ray peeped through a crack in the blinds, shining perfectly onto her eyes. The sleeping beauty groaned as she was taken out of her peaceful sleep, slowly opening her eyes she was greeted to a rather scenic view, the blinds were slightly open with the sounds of cars zooming past.

 

There was only one thing that was ruining this moment. The sever lack of warmth that she felt to her right, despite everything else that was right about this moment her favorite was to wake up was still waking up next to her loving wife Mina. Mina was usually around for these mornings but these past few days were a bit different, yesterday she was already at work when Nayeon woke up and then today she was nowhere to be found.

 

Nayeon slowly sat up in the bed, resembling a lumbering giant, she looked around the pristinely room. Everything was still in place, it was like Mina just vanished from thin air, the only thing letting Nayeon know that wasn’t the case was the quiet sounds of tapping coming from down the hall.

 

Picking herself up out of bed, Nayeon lazily waltzed her way over to the bathroom, covering herself in a bathrobe and putting on her slippers. She shuffled herself all the way down the hall to Mina’s office, the sounds of her feet shuffling across the floor filled the hallways on this otherwise quiet morning.

 

Just barely peering her head around the door frame, Nayeon was greeted with a view of Mina typing away on her laptop, looking like she is still in her pajamas. Nayeonn took a second to stare at the sight ahead of her, the sunlight basking the room in its golden rays, with Mina’s silhouette being the perfect contrast to everything. The needed darkness that perfectly balanced everything in the room.

 

“Nayeon?” Mina said as she noticed the girl “I didn’t know you woke up already.” Mina was soft with her words, not wanting to startle Nayeon.

 

“Oh” Nayeon said, being snapped out of her thoughts “Yeah, why aren’t you dressed for work?”

 

“I didn’t feel like it today.” Mina said, returning her attention to her laptop. “So y’know… I just won’t go in.” letting out a chuckle as she said it.

 

“Oh… will the company be okay if you don’t show up?” Nayeon asked, the concern noticeable in her voice.

 

“Of course! I’m leaving them in very capable hands” Mina swiveled around in her chair to face her Nayeon, who was now sitting on the couch at the other end of the office, one leg crossed over the other.

 

“Are you sure Chaeyoung can handle the whole company?” Nayeon joked, they both knew how Chaeyoung could be a little childish at times and having all the power at her disposal could be a terrible idea.

 

“Listen, it’s only a day, how bad could things go.” Mina said, closing her laptop and making her way over to Nayeon, plopping down next to her wife. “If anything happens the company can afford the damages anyways”  

 

The couple shared a heartfelt laugh with Mina instinctively leaning her head onto the other’s shoulder. “That’s a dangerous way to thing Minari, you could hurt yourself with that kind of mentality.” Nayeon scolded.

 

“Ah don’t be so prude” Mina slapped her wife’s arm as she laughed. “Let’s just enjoy our day together, okay?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter