Waiting for you

Just Another Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mina you really don’t have to do this much” Dahyun said as she was following Mina out of the building “You won the game anyways.”

 

“Dahyun, don’t worry about it. As your senior it’s the least I could do.” Mina responded as she led the pair into the parking garage, pushing a blank button Dahyun gave her a questioning look.

 

“Are we going to your secret lair or something?” Dahuyun joked, looking to Mina as she did, and when she saw that Mina never returned the look the smile on her face fell flat. “You’re joking…”

 

“Well it’s not technically a lair.” Mina said, stepping out of the elevator as it stopped on the secret floor.

 

“What does that even me-“Dahyun stepped off to a spacious garage, filled wall to wall with enough luxury cars to make Cristiano Ronaldo jealous, and even an exceptionally sleek lounge area with at least a 72” Tv monitor.

 

“This is like… right out of a James Bond movie or something…” Dahyun was speechless at where she was. It was sleek and white, much different from a typical parking garage. “I knew you were rich, but I didn’t know you’d flex THIS hard.”

 

Dahyun’s eyes scanned the room from end to end, one side of the room was filled with sports cars like Lamborghinis and Ferraris and the other end with more classy cars like Rolls-Royces and Bentley. Mina had already made her way over to the lounge where she was pouring herself a cup of mystery liquid.

 

“Mina you’re not drinking right? Because I don’t think I can drive any of these cars, they’re too expensive for me to touch even.” Dahyun was clearly panicked at the thought of having to drive a drunk Mina around in a super expensive car.

 

“No no Dahyun” Mina had to stifle a laugh “This is just apple juice” offering the other the glass.

 

Dahyun looked hesitantly at the glass that was in front of her, looking back to the glass container that this game out of and then back to the cup, she reluctantly took it.

 

“If this is apple juice then why are you treating it like it’s alcohol?” she questioned taking a sniff of the ‘juice’

 

“Sometimes I like to be a little bougie with things.” Mina said with a shrug as she poured herself another glass, raising it to toast with Dahyun.

 

“Mina you can’t say you like to be bougie when you could buy half of Seoul.” Dahyun joked.

 

“Well it is what it is.” Mina said, clinking their glasses together and downing her cup, much to the discomfort of Dahyun who took a tiny sip of hers. “Which car do you want to take?”

 

“Um…” Dahyun panickily looked around the room at every single car and model, there was no way she could decide what they were going to ride in, she had a hard time deciding how she would shower in the morning. Would she shampoo first? Would she use the body wash? It was too difficult to decide.

 

After about 5 minutes of debate they ended up throwing a bunch of keys into a hat and just picking one at random. Dahyun was currently rummaging her hand through the hat too timid to actually pull out anything.

 

“Dahyun… if you don’t pick im going to have to for you” Mina frowned, she was getting hungry and it didn’t seem like Dahyun was going to pick any time soon.

 

 “Alright, Alright 1… 2… 3!” Dahyun screamed, closing her eyes and raising a key fob with a silver RR on it.

 

“Good choice” Mina smirked, grabbing the keys from Dahyun’s hands and made her way over to the sleek black car. “Let’s go.”

 

Now they were off, down the streets of Seoul making their way to Dahyun’s favorite pork belly restaurant. Mina made it a point to have Dahyun pick her favorite restaurant regardless of price. And that’s how they ended up at this place, which is slightly cheaper than she had expected to be at, but good food is good food.

 

“So, are you sure Jihyo won’t mind you going to dinner without her?” Mina asked, clearly concerned that she was taking some valuable date time.

 

“No, she works the late shift tonight. We don’t eat together on Mondays” Dahyun said reluctantly, it wasn’t sad anymore it became more habitual, she would always get home hours before Jihyo would even get off work. “Will Nayeon be upset?”

 

“No, she’s supposed to be at her company right now. Sorting out some her next business trip” Mina gave a nonchalant answer and walked into the restaurant, garnering stares from the other patrons as she did.

 

The pair said down at what was apparently Dahyun’s ‘usual’ spot, where they didn’t even need to order before one of the workers started bringing out food. The usual side dishes, nothing that looked particularly special.

 

“Do you come here often?” Mina asked with a cocked eyebrow.

 

“Not too often, I try to save money where I can.” Dahyun shrugged, drinking some water as she did. “But if I ever do go out it’s usually here.”

 

“Why so? This place doesn’t look particularly special”

 

“You’ll see. There’s something special about this place.” Dahyun smiled as she placed a piece of meat on the grill, garnering a beautiful sizzle to which both girls had a profound reaction. The oohs and ahs sounded like they were one a tv show.

 

Dinner was going along smoothly, the constant stream of food and soju made it easy for the girls to get more relaxed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter