Unexpected Attack

Just Another Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, you’re telling me you think that my wife is working for the US Government?” Nayeon asked, clearly not believing whatever she was being told.

 

“No… no... it’s not that” Jeongyeon replied, rubbing her temples, Nayeon was too dumb to pick up any of this she though. “I’m saying that something is off with all of this. Why would she take investors from some no name company?”

 

There were so many things that didn’t add up with Mina, how is it that this multi billionaire not have any family whatsoever, look so young despite all her fortune and is willing to leave all her inheritance to her 25 y/o wife?

 

“Who knows.” The girls shrugged, clearly tired of the situation. “She can do whatever she wants, she can afford to make mistakes can’t she?”

 

“Whatever, I’m done with this conversation. Here.” Jeongyeon reaches into her suit pocket, pulling out an envelope with “Myoui” written across it.

 

“What’s this?”

 

“It’s an official congratulations, for all the charitable donations she’s made as of late” Walking towards the door, stopping with her hand on the handle. “We’ll keep in touch, let me know if you change your mind on her.”

 

On her way out Jeongyeon made sure to say goodbye to Jihyo and Tzuyu wishing them all the best and hoping they meet again under better circumstances.

 

“Get me the medical records of those involved in the crash today alright?” Jeongyeon said once they were in the car.

 

Momo and Sana just looked at each other confused, but they weren’t one to deny Jeongyeon of what she wanted when she was on the clock. No point in fighting the power they thought.

 

Jihyo and Tzuyu went back into the room to find Nayeon staring blankly at an envelope in her hand. It looked like she was staring at nothing but something at the same time, she didn’t even seem to notice the two come in.

 

“Nayeon?” Jihyo said in a hushed tone, placing a hand on her shoulder. “Is everything alright?”

 

“Huh? Oh yeah everything’s fine…” Nayeon said, not even staring at Jihyo.

 

“Do you… wanna go meet up with the others?” Tzuyu asked “I just texted Chaeyoung and she said they were discharged from the hospital recently and were wanting to grab dinner.”

 

“You’d think they’d be scared to drive again after that incident” Jihyo joked, trying to lighten the mood in the room.

 

“Let’s go” Nayeon said abruptly, standing up and headed towards the exit before turning around and looking at her friends “They’re gonna get a piece of my mind for scaring us like that.”

 

Flashing a smile before walking out of the room, leaving Tzuyu and Jihyo to look at each other petrified at what she had planned to do to their girls.

 

As expected, once the girls all meet up again, Tzuyu and Jihyo were quick to give their girls hugs and kisses to make sure they were okay. When Chaeyoung decided to show Tzuyu the new scar on her ribcage Tzuyu burst into tears again, it took the combined efforts of Chaeyoung, Jihyo and Dahyun to calm her down.

 

Nayeon on the other hand was scolding Mina for her actions. She was actually beating Mina with her purse, so hard that the others were afraid that she would actually do more damage than the crash did.

 

“How could you be so reckless… why would you let that happen… what were you thinking?” Nayeon breathed, in between hiccups, in between sobs. “What would I do without you…” she whispered.

 

Nayeon fell to her knees burying her head into Mina’s chest. Hushed sobs escaped her as the couple knelt there in the middle of the restaurant.

 

“Hey, hey, hey, it’s okay, I’m okay you don’t need to worry” Mina whispered into her wife’s ear. “You’ll never have to worry about being without me…”

 

‘Life’s not fair, and I’m always the one on the wrong end’ Mina thought to herself.

 

Picking themselves up, the group finally made their way to their table among the hushed whispered of the other diners. About half of them were talking about how Mina was there and the other half about the mess of a scene that had just taken place.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter