Embassy

Just Another Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seated in the back of a limousine was Yoo Jeongyeon, she was on the way to a unexpected meeting with the council. Looking up from her phone towards the driver’s seat she asked whether the other members were already there.

 

“Yes, they are Ms. Yoo” the driver responded.

 

“I told you that you can call me Jeongyeon.” She retorted, fixing her tie not even looking at the driver.

 

“Okay then… Jeongyeoniee”

 

At that Jeongyeon’s head snapped up instantly making direct eye contact with the driver. “Don’t make me demote you to a permanent chauffeur Momo.” Glaring at the driver.

 

“Oh, come on Jeong, why don’t you ever let us be your friends anymore. Just because you’re like super important and we’re trained to kill doesn’t me we can’t have it like old times.” Sana piped up from the passenger seat. “I think it would be great if we could just hang out again.”

 

“You know that’s not possible Sana, there’s too much at risk now.”

 

The rest of the car ride was filled with a chilling silence. Upon arriving at the destination, the trio were greeted by Harry B. Harris Jr.

“Thank you for meeting me on such short notice “the man said as they raced into a more private area of the building, passing rows of heavily armed guards.

 

Reaching the room at the end of the hall, Sana and Momo were left outside to stand guard along with the American’s personal guards. The doors shutting behind Jeongyeon and the sounds of locks being turned could be heard even down the hall.

 

Not much was heard from the room, except the occasional dropping of papers and the rare slamming of the desk.

 

After about 40 minutes the two finally came out of the room, exchanging pleasantries the trio finally left the building. Once getting into the car Momo turned toward Jeongyeon who was sat in the back and asked, “Where to now?”

 

“Cheong Wa Dae” Jeongyeon said not even bothering to look away from the window.

 

“Huh, must be important.” Momo whispered to San, with the younger just looking back at her giving a small nod.

 

The car ride there was mostly a silent one, barring the occasional attempts to start a conversation from Momo and Sana to which Jeongyeon quickly shot down. The air in the car was heavy, usually there would be some conversation between Sana and Momo but even they were struggling to say a word without feeling awkward.

 

Stepping out of the car, Jeongyeon quickly made her way through the front doors of the building passing by all the security checks and guards and walking into an office at the far end of the hall.

 

“Ah Nayeon im glad you’re here” she said as she barged into the office.

 

“Huh, why are you hear Jeongyeon?” the man said looking up from whatever file he was looking at.

 

“We’ve got a problem.”

 

Setting down the file, the man sat up in his chair adjusting his suit “What’s going on?”

 

Nayeon was sitting in the living room thinking of what to do today. She usually would preplan days like today where she didn’t have any PR events going on or she didn’t go into work with Mina.

 

Letting out a sigh, she got up from the couch to move over to the kitchen grabbing leftovers from the night before and sitting down in the movie theatre. The perks of being married to Mina (along with all the good looks and wealth she has) was that she got early releases of every movie into their personal theatre. Nayeon even got to see Avengers Endgame a month early since Mina is such a huge fan, she even praised it as her favorite movie of this century, whatever that means.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter