Cold

Just Another Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*tack... tack... tack...*

The sound of heels against a marble floor pierces through the silence of a cold mansion. Mina had just gotten back from a weekend business trip to a vacant home, void of warmth. Her wife Nayeon had been on a humanitarian trip for the past month in South Africa building a new school.

The loneliness this house had was something Mina all too familiar with besides, she's been on this earth longer than anyone else that she knows of, loneliness was something she had gotten used to over her centuries here. What she hadn't gotten used to was the emptiness she had been feeling for the past 200 or so years, with Chaeyoung being the only person reliably by her side, but even she could be a bit much from time to time.

A coping mechanism Mina used in an attempt to deal with this ever-present void in her heart was marriage, she thought that if she was bonded to someone for the rest of their lives maybe just maybe they could bring her some happiness. Mina has had dozens of marriages over the centuries, some of the more notable ones were a summer fling with Napoleon Bonaparte in 1794, that terrible decision to marry King George III, and technically getting married to Vincent Van Gogh although she doesn't like to speak about that one... Over time she's found that it's much easier to marry someone of the people rather than these overly arrogant men of power (although Vincent was a sweetheart). Your average joe was much more accepting and much less likely to question all the wealth that Mina had.

 

Walking into her bedroom, she finds a perfectly made bed with a little note that reads “With Love – Chaeyoung” a murmured chuckle escapes as she sets the note down.

 

“She always likes to surprise me...” Mina said to herself not able to hide the grin currently plastered across her face. Setting the note down on the nightstand Mina heads to bed, letting the pain in her heart wash away from her thoughts with the night.

 

On the other side of the world alone on a bench, staring into the landscape sat Im Nayeon, the (somewhat) newlywed to the richest woman in the world. Being married to THE Myoui Mina brings a lot of pressure on Nayeon, not the idea of being in the headlights, no, she was used to that being a model and all. No, the pressure

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter