Fried Chicken

Just Another Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina checked the time on her phone seeing it say 8:00, checking on where she was with her work, she decides its late enough for tonight and starts to pack things up for the night. Glancing up she noticed the mostly empty office except for a light on in the corner office, Chaeyoung’s office.

 

This normally wasn’t a surprise for Mina seeing as Chaeyoung was with her regardless of where she was. Sitting up to stretch her worn arms, she made her way over to the office thinking about what they were going to eat.

 

Opening the door, she was met with a sight that she never thought she’d see, and just as quickly as she opened it, she closed the door.

 

“Sorry!” Mina yelled covering her eyes with her hands.

 

Soon enough the door to the office opened and Mina was dragged in by her arm and seated on the sofa.

 

“You don’t have to cover your eyes anymore you know?” Chaeyoung blurted in her embarrassment.

 

“In all my years on Earth, never have I seen anything so vile.” Mina said still covering her eyes.

 

Meanwhile poor Tzuyu was stuck in a room having been caught kissing her boss by her bosses’ boss.

 

Slowly standing up and drawing the attention of the room to her, keeping her head low she bowed towards Mina and said, “I’m sorry for what I did, I understand if you wish to fire me.”

 

To her surprise the only thing Mina did was burst out in laughter

 

“You’re hilarious! You think I’d fire someone my little Chaengie was dating? You’re ridiculous, anyways let’s go I’m hungry” Grabbing her coat and leaving abruptly, leaving Chaeyoung to chase after her and a bewildered Tzuyu in the office.

 

She was bewildered at what had just happened, she had never seen Mina so happy and Chaeyoung so embarrassed. She only snapped out of it once she heard Chaeyoung calling for me down the hall.

 

“Coming!” she said as she turned off the lights running after them.

 

The sounds of glass clinging was rampant across the restaurant, Mina had dragged the girls to her favorite fried chicken restaurant because in her words, “What’s better after a workday than chicken and beer?”

 

As the girls enjoyed their dinner it was also an experience for Tzuyu, being able to learn so much about Mina, usually she was super professional and closed off at work.

 

“Say Tzuyu, how long have you been working for us?” Mina said tilting her glass at the girl.

 

“A-about 5 years miss.”

 

“Oh, really?” Mina said, shocked at how long the girl across from her had been at the company “Do you want a promotion?”

 

Tzuyu was taken aback at what was just said and how nonchalantly this was asked. She was at a loss for words, the CEO of the biggest company in the word just asked her if she wanted a promotion.

 

“Umm I don’t think I’ve done anything to warrant a promotion” she replied nervously.

 

“Well you did have to deal the her all day” Mina said, pointing towards Chaeyoung.

 

“Hey!” Chaeyoung butted in, slapping Mina’s arm “I’m great to be around, isn’t that why you’ve been all this time with me?”

 

The two continued to bicker much to the delight of Tzuyu, she enjoyed being able to be casual with her boss. Finishing up dinner the three girls got up and much to the other two’s protest Mina covered the bill.

 

Walking down the street Mina turned to the girls and asked “Would you guys like to stay at my place tonight? It’s super close by.”

 

Immediately Tzuyu put her hands up in protest but was stopped by Chaeyoung who instantly agreed to the idea, she looked down to the shorter girl in confusion. A look that was returned with the cutest smile she had even seen and who was she to deny Chaeyoung this happines

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter