Lived too long

Just Another Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day was fairly dry for Nayeon, waking up without Mina next to her wasn’t her favorite way to wake up, but she knows how it is running a company. Unexpected things can cause her to leave a lot of the time, usually Mina would let her know but oh well.

 

Dragging herself out of bed she wrapped herself in a white bathrobe and put on some slippers, headed to the bathroom to freshen up she couldn’t help but sigh when she looked at her reflection.

 

“This stress in making my skin go bad.” She said as she slashed some water on her face to wake up.

 

Walking down the hall Nayeon noticed that the door to Mina’s office was ajar, taking a peek into the office she saw nothing out of the ordinary bar from a quill and ink set. Walking over to the desk she picked up the quill examining the elegant antique.

 

She knew Mina was a fan of collecting out antiques, given her wealth she could easily obtain anything she wanted, she even once tried to buy a Napoleon’s sword for whatever reason. Whilst she was looking at the quill, she noticed it seemed to have some ink on it, usually with these things people don’t use them less they want to damage it in some way. But this was recent, tapping the tip she noticed that there was ink residue on her finger.

 

“Hm, what was she writing this morning.” Nayeon pondered for a minute before looking around to the enormous bookcase, all the different possible books she could write in and Nayeon honestly couldn’t be asked to find it.

 

She promptly set the quill down and left the office to continue the rest of her day. After a nice warm shower Nayeon was scrolling through her phone, checking all the social media to stay updated on the latest trends.

 

Suddenly Nayeon received a call from none other than her manager, surprised by the sudden call she picked up excitedly.

 

“Ah, sadness unnie what’s up?” Nayeon answered, leaning further back into the couch.

 

“How many times have I told you not to call me that?” Her manager let out a defeated sigh. “I have a chance for you to appear on an upcoming episode of Running Man, are you interested?”

 

“Hm…” Nayeon had to fake a sense of contemplation, she’s loved the show and always wanted to be on it. “Will there be any other guest on with me?”

 

“As of right now, it’s just you as a guest.”

 

“Ah alright, I’ll do it” Nayeon answered, not able to hide the smile plastered across her face. “When is filming?”

 

“It’s at the end of this week, on Saturday to be specific, about five days from now.” Her manager said bluntly “Don’t be late, you know how they can be with scheduling.”

 

“Will do, and are we still up to meet next week?”

 

“Yes, we are. I’ll send over the information after this call. Please don’t embarrass yourself” Sadness unnie joked. “I’m gonna get going now, stay safe.”

 

“Bye unnie! Love you!” Nayeon said, hang up the phone and eagerly waiting the text to arrive.

 

Eventually the message came though and all she could do was just stare at the address. ‘I’m actually gonna be on Running Man’ she thought to herself, usually the one tv appearances she had were talk shows and interviews rarely variety show, so she was gonna enjoy this one.

 

And just then a though popped into her mind, she had to tell Mina, Mina loved things like this whether it be video games, comic book movies or even variety shows, and k-dramas Mina loved everything of the sort.

 

Picking up the phone she quietly waited for her wife to pick up, naturally swinging her feet to the beat of the rings. She hoped Mina wouldn’t be too jealous that she got on the show before her, but she knew her wife would probably use that time to play games or something.

 

“And-and so that’s when I put the butter up her-“Dahyun was cut off by Mina’s phone ringing much to the dismay of Chaeyoung.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter