Mina's day off

Just Another Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tzuyu stepped into Chaeyoung’s office very cautiously, Chaeyoung was obviously having a bad morning and now Tzuyu was annoyed due to her coworker’s reactions to Chaeyoung. Tzuyu watched Chaeyoung for a few seconds, seeing her boss ruffle her hands through her said, she was magically even more beautiful looking like a mess.

 

Eventually Chaeyoung looked up from her thoughts, her eyes meeting Tzuyu’s in an awkward few moments of silence. They just sat there and stared at each other until Chaeyoung cleared , causing Tzuyu to snap back to reality.

 

“Oh... um, are you doing okay?” Tzuyu said, visibly shaken by moment. “It seems like you’ve had a rough morning…”

 

“You could say that again” Chaeyoung let out a sigh as she dropped her head into her hands. “Mina said she isn’t coming in today”

 

“Oh, is everything okay?” Tzuyu was concerned, Mina hasn’t missed a day of work since she’s started working here.

 

“Yeah she just took a day to herself.”

 

“Well… who’s in charge for today?” Tzuyu asked, curious since she couldn’t think of anyone Mina would trust except…

 

And just then Chaeyoung raised her thumb to point at herself.  Tzuyu was a little stunned that Mina would actually choose Chaeng, of course she seems the natural choice, but she could also be a bit spontaneous.

 

“So… what are you gonna do today?” Tzuyu asked, walking closer to Chaeyoung, placing a supportive hand on her shoulder.

 

“She sent a list of things to do, it’s not that difficult.” Chaeyoung said, tilting her computer screen to face Tzuyu. “It’s just I know all those old s in the senior positions, they think they know what’s right, but they don’t!”

 

Chaeyoung always complained about how the older team members treated her in meetings, and now that Mina was gone there wasn’t anyone that would back her up. Tzuyu knew this and wanted to support Chaeyoung but she knew that she would have to do this for herself.

 

“Let me look at this list then.” Tzuyu studied the email, it was void of any professionalism as expected, it was literally just a greeting a few jokes, a list of things to do, and a goodbye. “Well at least this won’t be hard, all you have to do if start the accusation of some new land and just a whole bunch of meetings.”

 

“Yeah… stuck in meetings all day with old guys…” Chaeyoung sulked. “I can’t believe Mina still keeps them hired.”

 

“Well, they are helping her grow her company.” Tzuyu laughed, as much as Chaeyoung despised them, they did prove to be a big part of the company’s success.

 

Tzuyu eventually calmed Chaeyoung down enough to where she could actually start working on what Mina asked. The first order of business was to find a suitable, undeveloped plot of land for Mina, it was a weird request to be fair but who knew what she was planning.

 

“Chaeng, it’s time for your first meeting”

 

“Ugh!” Chaeyoung groaned “I really don’t want to go; can you go for me?” Chaeyoung looked towards Tzuyu with those big puppy eyes.

 

Tzuyu took a moment to herself, contemplating the request.

 

“Fine, but only if you walk with me there.” Tzuyu finally said, after what felt like an eternity for Chaeyoung.

 

“Really?!” Chaeyoung was stunned, she didn’t think that it would actually work.

Before Tzuyu even answered, she had already gotten up and started to move towards the main conference room with Chaeyoung following promptly. Chaeyoung was practically running to keep up with Tzuyu, their height difference really was the difference maker with the speed they walk.

 

 As soon as the pair got to the conference room Tzuyu swung opened the door and dragged Chaeyoung into the room, and promptly left after closin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter