Episode 03 : Not Alone

The Confession Of His Life/ Because It's You

The class for that day had done. Everyone quickly grabbed their belongings. They seemed so rush as the skies already covered with black clouds. Rain would fall, sooner or later. Chanyeol and Suho put their books into their bag. Chanyeol's face looked worry as he didn't bring umbrella with him. Moreover, he parked his car far from the building. If he late, he would be back to the hostel in wet - that was for sure!

Both Chanyeol and Suho took their turn to go out of the classroom as everyone wanted to go back quickly. Unlucky for Chanyeol when Miss Seohyun called him. He bit his lip. He let out a heavy sigh - lucky for him as Miss Seohyun didn't hear to that sigh! She was too focused on the assignment sent by the students just now. Chanyeol walked lazily to his professor. 

"Yes Professor?" Chanyeol spoke as soon as he arrived in front of Miss Seohyun.

"I had checked your assignment and you have some incomplete parts. Let me show you," Miss Seohyun told Chanyeol straightforwardly. She turned Chanyeol's assignment one by one and showed those incomplete parts to her student.

It took about fifteen minutes for Miss Seohyun to show her student those missing parts, and those was the time when rain already poured heavily. It was rain cat and dog! Chanyeol's face already turned sour! He had two choices on that time. First was to wait for rain to stop and second was to run to his car - but he would be soaked with water. He was out of idea!

He almost cursed his friend, Suho for leaving him alone that day! But, when he thought about it again, he couldn't blame Suho for that day incident. Suho already told him that he had an important business that day, after the class. Moreover, Suho never leave him alone, exception for when he had something else to do like that day. Chanyeol stood alone, in front of the building. Sometimes, he looked up at the sky. The rain didn't show any sign of stop at all. 

"Ouh Chanyeol! Why are you still here? Where is your car?" Miss Seohyun asked her student. She just went out of the building. She stopped by when she saw her student was still there, alone.

Chanyeol turned to his back, looking at his professor. He smiled to Miss Seohyun before answering her question.

"I parked my car far from here and now I'm stuck here,"

"You can use my umbrella but don't forget to bring it back on the next class," Miss Seohyun said.

"No! No need Professor Seohyun! It's okay!" Chanyeol declined the offer quickly. He felt embarrass to borrow the umbrella from his professor.

"Are you sure?" Miss Seohyun asked.

"Yes! I already called Suho to come here and fetch me. It's okay! You can leave me here alone. Just go back," Chanyeol lied to Miss Seohyun.

"Okay! Just go back to the hostel and don't go anyway!" Miss Seohyun advised Chanyeol before entering into her car. She didn't want anything bad happen to Chanyeol as the road was slippery. 

Chanyeol bowed his head to his professor and said farewell. His smile disappeared when Miss Seohyun's car vanished from his sight. His face went back to worry!

Suddenly, a black limousine stopped in front of him. He was quiet surprised and amazed as he saw that car. His parents might be one of the richest people but it was his first time seeing limousine in his real life. His eyes didn't blink at all while staring at that car. He was even more surprised when he saw someone familiar went out of the car. That person was the one that he really knew well. He was Kyungsoo!

Kyungsoo went out of that luxurious car. He wore a black tuxedo. He looked really different on that rainy day! He looked even more neat - and more handsome and cute! His appearance made Chanyeol couldn't blink his eyes at all! Everyone who knew Kyungsoo had one same thought about him - Kyungsoo was from a poor family and he got a scholarship given by specific bodies! That perspective about him changed drastically when Chanyeol saw how rich Kyungsoo was! Kyungsoo was indeed from a super rich family! The way Kyungsoo acted and clothes he wore never show his real identity! His behaviour was far different from those rich kids and clothes he wore, most of them could be found in daily store!

Kyungsoo brought an umbrella with him. He walked approach Chanyeol. Without saying anything, he passed that umbrella to Chanyeol who still couldn't take his eyes from him. Chanyeol didn't take that umbrella as his attention was fully on Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo snorted. He hit Chanyeol with that umbrella, soft. Success! Chanyeol startled. He stared at the umbrella before realized that Kyungsoo lent him that umbrella. He took it and thanked Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo went back to the limousine soon after Chanyeol took his umbrella. He didn't wait for long time as he quickly walked away from Chanyeol. 

"Wait!" Chanyeol stopped Kyungslo. That tiny guy stopped and turned to look at Chanyeol. 

"Where are you going?" Chanyeol asked. He didn't know why he asked that question. It came out spontaneously from his mouth. 

Kyungsoo didn't answer him. All he did was smile to that tall guy and entered into the car. The driver started the engine and drove the car. Kyungsoo bowed his head to Chanyeol in time before the car started to move, leaving Chanyeol alone.

Once again, Chanyeol's heart skipped a beat! The smile given by Kyungsoo made him felt uncomfortable. He watched the limousine moved away from him until it vanished from his sight.

.........

"Hey Suho, lets go and have naengmyun! My treat!" Chanyeol told Suho. The class for that day had ended. He wanted to fill his empty stomach before went back to the hostel. 

"No! I'm busy. I'm going to the first year student gathering place. See you later!" Suho declined the offer. He wanted to see those first year students. He was part of the group who was responsible for the orientation week of freshman year students.

Chanyeol quickly stopped Suho from going alone. He wanted to tag along. The hunger and tired that he felt just now disappeared with sudden! He wanted to see Kyungsoo. His mind kept playing the scene when that guy smiled to him. He couldn't erase it from his mind at all.

"I'm going with you!" Chanyeol said to Suho. 

"Want to see Baekhyun, huh?" Suho teased Chanyeol. He already knew that Baekhyun kept his eyes on Chanyeol. He laughed out loud when Chanyeol snorted. 

"Baekhyun, my !" Chanyeol replied.

.........

Kyungsoo sat far away from others. They had break for a while. He tried his best to run away from Baekhyun. It didn't mean that he disliked that guy. Baekhyun was a nice guy but he was noisy and busybody. Moreover, he liked to ask him about Chanyeol and Suho who he didn't have interest in at all. 

Kyungsoo wanted to go to the back to have a glass of water when his phone suddenly rang. He took out his phone out of his locket. He stared at the screen. His face became pale. He cancelled his intention a have a glass of water. He went to the back of the building and answered the call. 

"Appa," Kyungsoo said. The call was from his father.

"Where had you go three days ago?" Kyungsoo's father asked. Without asking about his son condition, he asked straightforwardly to the reason he called his son.

"How do you know about it?" 

"You don't need to know about it! Answer me!" Kyungsoo's father forced him to answer the question.

"Appa... I went to see omma!" Kyungsoo answered. He told the truth to his father.

"Just because of that? You skipped the orientation just because of that? Are you kidding me?"

"Appa! It was the 13th year of omma leaving me!"

"I know it but you can go and visit her on the other day!" Kyungsoo's father replied with anger.

Kyungsoo shocked with that reply. He never ask anything from his father since he moved and stayed with him. He kept following whatever his father wanted although he didn't like it. His heart ached when his father said like that to him. His eyes started to watery. He took a deep breath before continued to talk to his father. 

"Appa! I never ask anything from you! I always did as you ordered! I just went for a day, visited omma and you scold me lik I had done a big mistake! Appa... Am I your son?" Kyungsoo let out everything in his mind to his father. He felt so disappointed with his father. He never understand him and caused Kyungsoo to feel like an outsider. 

"You never care about me! I should have die on that day together with omma!" Kyungsoo continued to say to his father. He already cried. Tears dropped like a waterfall.

"Kyungsoo..."

"I have to go! The break time already ends!" Kyungsoo stopped his father. He couldn't stand with the situation anymore. He cancelled the call without saying goodbye to his father. 

Kyungsoo kept his phone into his pocket and took out a plain white handkerchief. He used it to wipe his tears. He turned to his back as he wanted to go back into the building. To his surprise, Chanyeol was there, standing in front of him. Kyungsoo quickly bent his head. He didn't want Chanyeol to see his red and swollen eyes. There was nothing  he really wanted on that time except for Chanyeol to not listen to his conversation with his father. Without waiting no more, Kyungsoo quickly left the place. He walked pass Chanyeol.

Chanyeol grabbed Kyungsoo's hand when that guy walked pass him. It caused Kyungsoo to stop from walking. Chanyeol pulled Kyungsoo to him and hugged that tiny guy. He didn't know why he did it but all he knew, he wanted to calm Kyungsoo. On the other side, Kyungsoo was shocked. He tried to push Chanyeol away but that guy didn't let it happen. He hugged Kyungsoo tightly. At last, Kyungsoo cried in the hug. He let out everything through those tears. It was the first time someone hugged him since his mother passed away. Even his father never do like that to him.

"Cry! Cry as much as you want! I'm here for you!" Chanyeol said to Kyungsoo. He tried his best to persuade Kyungsoo. 

Kyungsoo was likely being possessed with those words! He cried louder and louder! He only stopped when he felt better. Chanyeol, he only let the hug when he couldn't hear the sound of cry from Kyungsoo anymore. He took his own handkerchief and wiped those tears on Kyungsoo's cheeks.

"Go and join your friends. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone about it!" Chanyeol told Kyungsoo.

"Thank you!"

Kyungsoo thanked Chanyeol before left his senior. He bowed his head to Chanyeol and went into the building. Chanyeol only nodded his head slowly and cheered Kyungsoo,

"Fighting!"