Prologue : Dear Mom

The Confession Of His Life/ Because It's You

The situation in the hospital was always crowded and busy. Everyone was busy with their own world. Every emotions filled the atmosphere of the hospital. Some people felt happy whereas the others felt sad. The crowded hospital didn't bother a tiny boy who sat in front of the ICU room. There wasn't  any emotion could be seen or felt through his face. He was alone without anyone around him. There were scratches and bruises on his round pale face. He had  a red headphone around his neck.

With sudden, tears dropped on that boy's cheeks. He was crying! That tiny boy sat alone on the chair. His eyes kept staring at the door of the ICU room. He was waiting for his mother. That boy and his mother were the victim of hit and run accident. Luckily, there was a kind young man called the ambulance and took them to the nearest hospital. His mother was badly injured!

The waiting was over when the door opened wide. A young doctor came out of the room. His face was gloomy. Without waiting no more, that seven years old boy rushed to the doctor. He quickly asked the doctor about his mother.

"Ahjussi, omma? Where is omma?" That boy asked. He continued to ask the doctor about his mother while his eyes kept searching for his mother.

The expression on the face of the doctor changed with sudden. He smiled to that boy. No more gloomy and worry expression could be seen. He looked deep into that boy's eyes before asking that boy.

"Hey cutie! Where is your appa?" That doctor didn't answer that boy, yet he asked that boy about his father.

"Appa? I don't have one. Omma said that appa didn't live with us anymore. Ahjussi, omma? Where's omma?" That boy asked again after answering the question. 

That doctor's face changed once again. The gloomy expression came back. The emotion of worry and sympathy could be seen clearly on his face. He took a deep breath and let out heavily. He looked straight into that boy's eyes for a moments. He knelt down in front of that boy and hugged him. That boy didn't give any response at all.

"Let's go to the canteen and grab something to eat. You must be really hungry. Come, I'll treat you!" That doctor whispered onto that boy's ear. He released the hug and stood up. He pulled that boy's right hand so that boy would follow him to the canteen. 

"Ahjussi, how about omma? She must be hungry too! Let's go there with her so we can eat together," That boy said to the doctor. He looked upward toward that doctor.

The doctor stopped from walking with sudden. He looked downward, to that boy. He stayed silent for a while, maybe searching for an excuse to tell to that boy. 

"Omma wants to rest. She asked me to bring you to the canteen. Come. I'll bring you to omma soon after you eat," That doctor finally said to that boy after stayed silent for a moments. He really hope that boy would believe him and followed him.

That boy did as ordered. He followed that doctor. They walked to the canteen side by side. That doctor held that boy's hand gently. 

They were halfway approaching the canteen when suddenly a pretty nurse came from nowhere, searching for that doctor. Her face was so serious. She asked that doctor about that boy's mother, without realizing the presence of that boy.

"Doctor Song, about the the patient who had died just now. We couldn't reach her relatives. What should we do about her? "That nurse asked that doctor. 

That doctor's eyes enlarged with sudden, signing the nurse about her mistake. He shook his head slowly before turning to look at that unlucky boy who happened to be beside him and listening to their conversation. That nurse followed that doctor's eyes. Instantly, she understood her mistake. She apologized to that doctor quickly.

That boy's face changed with sudden. His face became red, as red as tomatoes. His legs suddenly became so weak that he couldn't stand anymore. He fell on the floor. His eyes began to watery. He cried, cried so loud that everyone who was at the scene began to concentrate on three of them.

"Omma! Omma! I want to go to omma!" That boy cried, calling for his dead mother. That boy's life changed. Changed completely. No more a person called mother. His life became empty. His mother left him alone forever. He would be alone without anyone to take care of him.

That boy grabbed his red headphone which was around his neck. That headphone was his mother's favourite, which was given to him as a present for his birthday, and that day was his birthday! He held that headphone tightly before stood up and gathered some strength. That boy started to run to the ICU room, leaving the dumbfounded doctor. That nurse started to chase for that boy. She ran as fast as she could, but only found that boy laying on the floor, unconscious.