Chaeyeol 29-1

Flotilla
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chanyeol stared at the commotion boiling over on the corner of the street. Having just driven into his hometown to visit with his sister, he had no idea what happened, but the place was a mess. People ran from one side of the road to the other. Small groups forming, then reforming as new people joined. What the hell was going on? 

 

Someone raced in front of him. He hit the brakes hard. His neighbourhood had changed if people were aiming for suicide by car. 

 

Apgujeong used to be the calmest, most laid back of all small neighbourhoods in Gangnam. 

 

He pulled his Jeep up in front of the general store he’d worked at as a kid, slightly surprised to see it was still there. Yunho, the owner, was aging. He’d threatened to sell out many times. But as business was booming with the caving and hiking groups, and the new summer condo units going up on the nearby lake, he’d obviously held off making a decision. 

 

Of course Apgujeong catered to the caving enthusiasts during the summer and hunters during the winter, giving his business more year round stability. 

 

Shoving his sunglasses into place he hopped out, gave a narrow look at the people still running around, a worried expression on their faces. His penetrating gaze went from one to the other and saw the same hunched shoulders, frowns and looks over their shoulders, heard the rapid voices and excitable speech patterns. He watched as two groups melded into one. 

 

Senses alert and curiosity piqued, he headed into the store to get the details. Nothing ever happened around town Yunho didn’t know about. Chanyeol doubted that had changed. 

 

The store was cool, shadowed, and after a long glance around, empty. 

 

“Yunho?” No answer. The storefront was empty and no one stood at the cash counter. He walked to the back office where the man could always be found. Sure enough he was there now too–facedown on the floor with a nice neat round hole in the back of his head. 

 

What the hell had gone on here? 

 

Chanyeol crouched and checked out the body. Still warm but cooling. Dead a few hours at least. Did anyone know? Had anyone come in and checked on him? Anger boiled up. Yunho was a good man. Helped out anyone and everyone. He didn’t deserve to be shot in the back. Hell, no one did. 

 

Was that what the town was agog about? 

 

And where the hell was the sheriff? Someone should be leading the investigation. 

 

He stared down at his old friend, hating to see him this way. He couldn’t see much of the face and there was less hair than he remembered. Then again, Yunho had been going bald for years so he shouldn’t be surprised. 

 

As he tamped his anger down, his phone went off. Sehun checking in. The team had five days off, and each headed off somewhere. Sehun was going home. Suho was going to the beach with Jisoo to help her heal from the ordeal she’d been through. This last job had taken them to places they hadn’t expected to go. With his free time, Chanyeol had decided family was just the ticket. That meant his sister. There was no one else. And she was good people. Reminded him a lot of Jisoo. 

 

Jisoo… if she had a sister, he’d have been all over her. As it was, Suho had struck gold, and even if it took him awhile, he had finally understood she was a gift worth keeping. 

 

After seeing something he’d had no idea even existed, Chanyeol wanted the same for himself. 

 

But how did one go about finding it–or her–in this case? Women like Jisoo were rare. 

 

Sehun’s text said he’d made it back to his father’s house safe and sound and where the hell was Suho? Wanting to avoid the multiple texts required to explain, Chanyeol quickly dialed his friend and fellow SEAL. 

 

“I’m in Apgujeong. Stopped in town to say hi to Yunho,” Chanyeol said, glad Sehun knew the town and Yunho after multiple visits to the hunting cabin for R&R, and quickly filled him in on what he’d found. 

 

“What? Yunho? Just lying there? .” Banked anger seeped through the phone. “Give me a few hours and I’ll be there.” 

 

Chanyeol didn’t have a chance to argue because the phone went dead. Knowing Sehun, he’d already hugged his father good-bye and thrown his kit into his truck and was even now hitting the road. They were about four hours apart. Not that he needed him, but that was what mates did. 

 

Then he remembered his sister, Yoo-ra. 

 

And winced. 

 

She’d been fairly voluble on her opinion of Sehun. An unfortunate beginning had given her a bad impression of the behemoth. Maybe this time that could be changed. 

 

Not likely. His sister was a spitfire and not into multiple affairs at the same time, and there was something about Sehun’s looks and size that had women all over him. Hell, they were SEALs, women were never in short supply. There were bars close to the base that appeared to cater to women who only wanted to catch a SEAL. Then a different one the next night and on and on. Like Suho, Chanyeol had gotten tired of the whole singles game, and now that he knew there was something else out there–hell, sign him up! 

 

Suho was a lucky man. 

 

He turned his attention back to the floor. Yunho’s body lay half hidden by the desk, but anyone could come in and see him. Chanyeol grabbed a blanket out of the cupboard and covered him up. He had no idea where Yunho’s only daughter Chae-young was, but he didn’t want her to come in and see her father like this. 

 

He called in the local police department or w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter