Jisuho 15

Flotilla
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week later 

 

The days passed slowly. She’d told the authorities everything she could remember. And they’d come back day after day and asked her more questions. 

 

She had nothing more to add. She had a small condo for her use close by, and she was mobile now but definitely not back to normal. So her life was all about getting back to work and healing. Walking was much easier, although running was still out of the question. 

 

She walked out to the small patio that was part of her new home. It was tiny, brick and quaint. But it was hers for the moment, and she felt safe here. Surrounded by other military families. For the millionth time she wondered where Suho was. What he and the rest of the team were doing. And how successful was their trip. Had they caught the guys that were after her? Was she safe? Or were the men still at large? 

 

Suho was always on her mind. Yet he wasn’t hers. But he could be. If she wanted, he could be. Maybe. 

 

Did she want that? He was a hero. His career was dangerous. Like Min-seok’s. He could die like Min-seok had died. 

 

Tears came to her eyes. 

 

She swiped at them impatiently. She’d rather have loved and lost Min-seok than not have had him in her life at all. Love was like that. And she’d go through the loss all over again if it meant having the joyful memories of being with him in the first place. She’d take as many of those years as she could have. And the same for Suho. She’d still hold close any memories she had. The choices weren’t great but to have spent time with him, loving him… well that was special. Sure it would be nice if he were in a nice safe job like a computer programmer but then he wouldn’t be Suho… 

 

There were no guarantees in life. Look at the nightmare she’d been through already this last week. If Suho’s team hadn’t saved her… 

 

Now it seemed like all she did was wait for Suho to show up again. 

 

At least her work was going well. She was almost done with the last set of tweaks. Was all set to give her demonstration tomorrow. Combine that to almost being healed, then life was good. 

 

Her phone rang. But of course she’d left it on the computer table. She walked back inside. She checked the number but didn’t recognize it. She knew better than to respond to any unusual calls. Although her phone was being monitored while here, and security was constantly on the prowl. At night time they were outside her house. In the day time they were around, she just never knew who they were. 

 

And that meant there was no point in looking but of course she couldn’t stop herself. She’d wondered if the gardener that seemed to do daily rounds was one of them. He’d done her yard and her neighbors then a day later she’d seen him on the side of the road. 

 

It did make her feel better knowing someone was out there. 

 

She returned to her work. The presentation needed a little tweaking then she should be good there too. Her staff were more keyed up over this than she was. Of course she’d promised them a bonus if she managed to pull it of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter