Jisuho 13

Flotilla
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo couldn’t believe where she was. She was really back in a helicopter and again with unfriendlies around them. They’d taken off ten minutes ago. With Sehun flying the machine. Why the original pilot had been killed she had no idea. It must mean the unfriendlies thought they’d be grounded or maybe they had their own pilot. Or hell, maybe they had another way to get what they wanted away from here. She didn’t know. She couldn’t help but wonder if she’d killed the pilot who’d planned to fly this machine with her as his captive. 

 

It was hard to feel sorry for what she’d done. They’d been trying to kill her–or at least Baekhyun. And they’d killed Chen. She’d done what she’d had to. But she wished she hadn’t been in a position where that had been the best answer. All she wanted was to get home. 

 

In the background she heard the men talking. 

 

“We have contact with the commander. He wants us to fly straight to the base. Deal with the rest from there.” 

 

Made sense to her. She’d like nothing better than to be on base right now. 

 

She’d be safe there. 

 

But what would happen to Suho if she were there. Sent off on another mission? To rescue some other damsel in distress. Did he connect with all of them? Or just her? She hoped with none of them. 

 

Chanyeol sat down beside her. She glanced over, saw his grin and smiled back. Nice guys. All of them. 

 

“We’ve got about forty minutes then we should be there.” 

 

She nodded and shifted the parachute in her lap. Forty minutes was a long time. She’d hang onto it just in case. At this point she just wanted this over. 

 

Her feet were killing her. She needed to get them up to ease the booming throb, but there was no place. She couldn’t stop moving them restlessly though, and she was starting to feel lightheaded. When had she eaten last? Forty minutes was starting to sound like a really long time. She glanced behind her where Suho was talking to Baekhyun. They were sitting on the floor. If she lay down, she could rest her feet on the pack she was clutching. But that would mean getting up, so she’d sit. She shifted her feet again. 

 

Chanyeol got up and went to the back. Seconds later Suho took his place. He reached down and grabbed her feet and pivoted her so she was sideways in the seat, but her feet were slightly elevated onto his lap. She had to wiggle into a better position to support herself, but the easing of the pain was such a relief she was happy to ignore his highhanded actions. Modern day warriors were still throwbacks to another age. 

 

When she sagged against the side of the helicopter, he asked, “Better?” 

 

She nodded. “Yes, thank you.” 

 

He held her feet until Suho called him to the front. She opened her eyes, wondering if she’d been sleeping but figured she’d likely just been in that lovely half awake state. 

 

She could see buildings below. They were arriving. Excitement brightened her spirits. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter