Chapter 8

Boy Friend or Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the warming breeze started to fill the air at the beginning of July, the boys next door suggested they go to the amusement park to celebrate the end of the Spring term. Yuqi and Soyeon agreed almost immediately. After those dreadful finals week, she could use one or two thrilling rides to blow off some steam and stopped worrying about the final result for one day. So, at the end of the day, they decided to go to the famous Lotte World Theme Park without so much of an argument.

So here they are, after walking around the indoor theme park for almost two hours and trying several fun-thrilled rides they skipped to the outdoor theme park, Magic Island. Yuqi bounced excitedly on the stone bridge toward the Magic Island, following Jaehyun's footstep while the others trailed along behind them, chatting animatedly as the brilliant summer sun glimmering above them, but the excitement soon withered when she saw two girls— Miyeon and Soojin from her senior year was waving eagerly at Jaehyun near the entrance gate to the Magic Island.

As they continued to stroll toward the main island, Yuqi started losing her energy to keep walking at the same pace as Jaehyun and his long stride, not to mention his two energetic classmates have successfully dampened her spirit to join their interesting convo. She was basically several feet away behind them now and Jaehyun was too busy to notice that she was gone. As he always did.

She let out an exasperated sighed when Jaehyun threw his head back, laughing along with Miyeon and Soojin. She couldn't tell what they were laughing about. She stopped paying attention to what they were talking about when her legs started to protest and throb painfully as they walked pass Teokbokki stall near the Atlantis Adventure section. She halted for a moment to ease the pain.

"Giving up already?" She glanced sideways when someone nudged her on the arm. She found Lucas grinned teasingly at her as Soyeon, Minnie and Ten walked pass them. Yuqi scowled but didn't say anything to him.

"God, just how far is this Gyro Drop tower? My legs are hurt..." She mumbled low, more to herself as she started walking again at a slower pace.

Lucas held her arm back and gave her an exasperated look before calling out to Jaehyun who was several feet away from them, "Jae-hyung..." Her heart gave a leap when Jaehyun halted and turned around, feeling nervous about what would Lucas said next. "I'm starving, so I'll just grab some snacks with Yuqi..." Wait, what? She glanced at Lucas who stared at bewildered-looking Jaehyun.

"Oh ok. Just give me a call when you're done, so we can re-group..." Jaehyun responded to him after some time. Lucas gave him an okay sign and he walked away without looking back. The rest of the company except Soyeon and Minnie followed Jaehyun ahead.

"I think I'm gonna be sick if I eat something before trying that Gyro Drop, so I'll pass..." Soyeon mused.

"Me too..." Minnie seconded her.

"So, let's met up later, have fun guys..." Soyeon bid them goodbye with a playful wink and strolled away with Minnie, giggling. She stared absentmindedly at their retreating back. What was that about?

"Come on..." said Lucas after everyone left them alone. She shot him a questioning look. "It's my first time coming here, you're not going to let me stranded here alone, right?" he asked her with cute puppy eyes.

"But..." she pointed at Jaehyun and their companies direction, still baffled with the whole situation.

"I'm pretty sure they can survive thirty minutes without us loitering around and I don't fancy giving you a piggyback home..."She blinked. "Let's go, I'm hungry..." Lucas took her arm and dragged her to the small Teokbokki stall around the corner before she could respond to his sentence.

After placing their orders on the counter, they slide down at one of the empty tables near the glass window that gave the full view of the rollercoaster-ride from the Atlantis Adventure section.

"Woah, that looks really fun..." she commented when people started screaming as the rollercoaster went down from the highest place at full speed. Lucas gave no response to her enthusiastic comment. She turned her head toward Lucas and found him staring at her with an unreadable expression. "What?" she asked him. He opened his mouth to answer her question but interrupted by the waitress who put their orders on the table.

"Wow, it looks yummy..." he gaped, completely distracted by Teokbokki now.

"Uh, you're drooling..." He ignored her sneer and started digging on his share. She followed suit.

"Mm...this is good. What is this again? I forget the name..." he pointed at Sundae.

"Sundae..." she said while munching her food. He nodded and dipped Sundae in the sauce then stuffed it into his mouth while making a very satisfying remark. She chuckled at his cute expression. He always got that content expression whenever he ate something. Sometimes she wondered whether his food tasted better than hers. That's why whenever she has no appetite she would ask Lucas to eat with her, he always—

"Why?" his deep voice interrupted her thoughts. She blinked and realized that she has been staring at him for quite some time. "Say ah..." he told her again. Sightly confused she opened , he feeds her the freshly dipped Sundae.

She gasped with a delight expression as she munched the food. "Why is it taste better than mine?"

He smiled softly at her reaction and mused, "Aren't you glad we're stopping by?" She nodded happily while savoring the rest of the snacks.

***

After finishing all of the snacks on their table and got enough rest, they walked out of the food stall and strolled slowly toward the Gyro Drop section.

"You want to try that too?" Lucas asked her after some time, referring to Gyro Drop tower on the corner of the island where they headed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter