Chapter 21

Boy Friend or Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuqi just finished stuffing the third piece of her clothing into the luggage when Lucas waltzed into the room, looking harassed. No surprise there. She probably looked exactly like him. All those visits to those tourism spots and emptying her wallet on the central festival market could do that to you. She supposed to pack last night, but the plan fell through. They were having too much fun to the point she had no energy left, the farewell's party (as they called it) was magnificent, maybe because it was their last night in Koh Samui, Lucas's parents let them have a blast. So as a result she had to do all the packing stuff at this ungodly hour. She drew a long exasperated sigh, staring moodily at the pile of clothes in the bed, feeling reluctant to pack her things as a sudden realization hit her, the summer holiday has ended and that's meant they—

"Need help?" Lucas's deep tone voice interrupted her to train of thoughts. She looked up and found him strolling toward her with his tousled just-woke-up hair and sleepy eyes.

"Are you done?" He nodded as he plopped down on the bed between her scattered clothes, souvenirs, and make-up bag. "How you do it?" she stared at him imploringly, there's no way he finished all the packing before her.

He shrugged and commented, "I think you bought too much stuff..."

"Not really..."

"You'll need more than one luggage for all of this once we get home..." he said again, pulling a bottle of the essential oil from the spa set she got for mom.

She sighed. He's got a point. She'll need separate luggage for all of these souvenirs. "Maybe I should leave half of my things in your home..."

"Yeah, you should do that..." he seconded her. "So next time we're coming back here, you don't have to bring this much stuff..." he added again.

"Right?" She beamed. "I can't wait to come back here. It will be easy to convince mom this time around. She kinda hinted that she would love to visit Thailand during winter..." She mused, grinning to herself, recalling mom enthusiastic response the last time she talked to her on the phone.

"I don't mean that way though..." She raised her eyebrows at him. "I mean just us..."

"What do you mean by 'just us'?" she stared at him blankly.

"Just you and me..." he continued, gesturing his finger to both of them and she found herself blushing at those simple words. Get a grip Yuqi! She scolded herself but to no avail, Lucas seemed to notice it already. He tilted his head sideways and continued again with a teasing smirk. "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing..." she replied in a rather defiant tone, feeling slightly embarrassed of her obvious reaction.

"Did you just thinking about—"

"No!!!" She interrupted him indignantly.

Lucas laughed, looking very pleased with her defensive reaction. "You don't even know what I'm about to say..." She scowled at him and continued organizing her luggage, ignoring his annoying chuckles. "For someone who suggested us to elope three days ago, you were quite—"

"If you have nothing better to do, help me pack or get out of here!" she snapped, cheeks turned scarlet in embarrassment.

"Feisty! Totally my style!" She glared at him while pointing her finger at the door. "I'll help! I'll help!!!" he added hastily.

Lucas helped her packing for a good five minutes before giving up and proceeded to lie down amidst her scattered things, watching her with his sleepy eyes, once in a while leaving comments about the way she folded the clothes or how messy things were or simply complaining about his sore back and legs.

"I need a full body massage..." He mused for the third time since he lied down before her.

Yuqi sighed and commented, "You're such a baby..."

"Come on, wrap it up so we can go down for a massage!" he whined again, ignoring her jeering remark.

"Just go alone then!" She grunted, ing one of the souvenir bags into her luggage.

"Will you be okay alone?"

She snorted and rolled her eyes. "Of course I will, I'm not a baby..."

"But you're my baby..." he said, tugging one of her sleeves, making a cute pouty expression, teasing her again.

That's so unfair! She groaned inwardly. "Xuxi, just go!" she said again, averting her gaze from him.

She heard him chuckles again. "Fine, I'm going..." he said as he got onto his feet. "See you later, baby..." he said again, emphasizing the word 'baby' while ruffling her untidy locks then walked off, leaving her alone with heart pounding like a jackhammer.

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter