Chapter 29

Boy Friend or Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Several hours later Yuqi woke up alone in an unfamiliar dimly lit room. She blinked several times, adjusting to her new surrounding. Slowly her sense came back to her and she remembered that she was in the room Lucas booked for her earlier. Feeling somewhat better that she felt this morning, she stretched out and got up from the bed. The chill temperature grazed her skin the moment she pulled the fluffy white blanket off her. That also the first time she noticed the raging rainstorm outside the glass windows. The sound of the rain pelting the glass windows filled the room, unlike this morning, it felt quite nice and comforting. 

After turning off the air conditioner and pulled open the curtain, she tiptoed toward the small coffee table on by the window, looking for her phone, wondering about Lucas's whereabouts. The digital clock on her phone screen displayed 05: 18 PM when she unlocked the screen and began to type a text message to him. 

She was in the middle of typing 'Are you still at the gym?' when the door clicked open and a handsome tall figure strolled inside the room, looking hot in his disheveled wet-hair and all-black attires. 

"You up?" greeted Lucas as he strolled toward her and flung both of his arms around her, enveloping her with a bear hug. "Feel better?" he asked again, pulling her toward the bed. She mumbled yes under her breath.

"Tired?" She asked him. He hummed and proceeded to bury his face onto her neck as she tumbled backward on to the soft mattress with him on top of her. "Yah! You're killing me-" She squeezed under his weight.

"You're so warm..." He mumbled incoherently, ignoring her startled yelp. 

"Xuxi...hang on..." She panted, trying to get him off her as the chill ran down through her spine the moment his lips unconsciously grazing her bare neck. 

"Hey calm down! I haven't done anything yet..." He muttered in a rather playful tone. Her cheeks went scarlet at that remark and cursed her under her breath. God, you stupid heart, stop beating so fast! 

"Get off me! You're so heavy..." She grunted incoherently, struggling under his giant figure, trying to calm her racing heart. 

Lucas let out a chuckle and lifted up his face from her neck. "Now you understand my feeling whenever you pull something like this, right?" he commented lightly, brushing his nose against hers. For a moment she just stared at him, speechless under his intense stare and their close proximity. "You're so cute when you're flustered. Can I kiss you?" He whispered playfully.

She blinked furiously then snapped back to her sense, "No!!!" She cried out, shoving him off her then sat up, putting some distance between them. 

"Ah, why???" he pouted, looking slightly upset by her rejection. 

"Bathroom..." she muttered.

"Bathroom can wait..." He nudged her on the arm, giving her innocent puppy eyes. She groaned inwardly and shook his arm off. 

"No, it can't..." She ignored her pleas and escaped to the bathroom before he could catch her off guard. That was just too hard to handle. 

"What is he being cute for?" she grumbled as she stared at her reflection in the mirror, her cheeks felt hot again as his cute pleading voice echoed in her head. Grinning happily to herself, she proceeded to do the just-woke-up routine. It seemed like she made a good decision about coming here today. 

To be honest she came here on a whim. After mom left for her gallery touring, she was all alone at home, feeling miserable and bad mood. She tried going back to sleep but failed. So in the end she decided to go out for a walk, as the last resort to improve her mood. Halfway through her walk, a sudden urge to see Lucas occurred to her, so without thinking she hailed a taxi and took a train. Then here she is, standing several feet away from him and there is a high possibility that they're going to spend the rest of the night together. God, she must be slowly losing her mind. What is she- a loud knock interrupted her thoughts.

"Yuqi, are you okay? How long are you going to stay in there?" came Lucas's voice from the other side of the bathroom door.

"Just a moment..." she exclaimed, slightly panic by the impatient tone in his deep-tone voice.

"What are you doing in there?" Lucas inclined his head once she came out of the bathroom. She shrugged and hesitantly strolled toward the bed, feeling nervous again when he followed her.

"Err...what about dinner?" she turned around all of sudden and almost fall backward if he didn't catch her in time. 

"Let's just order room service. I can't risk meeting Coach Lee and the other boys in the restaurant..." he replied, still holding her.

"Sorry..." 

"For what?"

"I should've not come here..." She mumbled apologetically.

He smiled and let

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter