Chapter 20

Boy Friend or Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day Lucas woke up at half-past eight, finished all of his morning routines then strolled toward the pavilion where they supposed to have their breakfast today. His lips curled up into mischievous grin when he spotted Yuqi sitting alone on the black woven dining chair by the pool with her back on him, seemingly preoccupied with her phone. She didn't even notice him creeping up behind her.

"How many selfies are you taking so far?" He mused while bending down close to her cheek, photobombing one of her cute selfies or so he thought. He regretted that decision almost immediately. It wasn't a selfie at all. She was in the middle of face-timing with someone. He froze when he noticed who that person was, Jaehyun. He looked as taken-aback as him.

"Morning Xuxi!!!" interrupted Soyeon and Minnie before he could open his mouth to form a word to greet him. He blinked several times and glanced at Yuqi, seeking an explanation from her but she just stared back at him for a couple of seconds with a rather flustered expression then cast her gaze back at the phone screen.

He followed her gaze and his eyes met with Soyeon's teasing stare. He cleared his throat, trying to collect himself. "Don't tell me you guys still in Jejudo?"

"What? Of course not, silly!" Minnie giggled while waving her hand at him. "Can't you tell? We're at Coffee Bean..." she added again, moving aside, showing him the familiar coffee-colored interior of Coffee Bean. He had been there several times with Yuqi.

"Ah...I see..." he mumbled low.

"Yeah, we're kinda crashing their brunch date..." elaborated Soyeon in scandalous tone, referring to Johnny-Jaehyun duo. "So—"

"So, when are you guys coming back?" interrupted Johnny, glaring at Soyeon who snickered along with Minnie.

"Probably Monday...right?" He nodded reassuringly at Yuqi.

"Why? Missed me?" Lucas grinned at him.

"Hell no!" Johnny made a disgusted face. "I just want my souvenirs..." he continued rather shamelessly afterward.

Lucas snorted and muttered, "Fine, I'll get you a key chain!"

The latter groaned and mused, "Please bring back something edible! I've enough of key chains!" He chuckled at his reaction. "Ah right..." he exclaimed. "I have bad news for you..."

"Bad news?" Yuqi responded to him first.

Johnny nodded and mused, "There will be a training camp once you got back..."

"Lovely..." Lucas mumbled sarcastically.

"Well, that old man always got obsessive whenever sports festival approaching, nothing new..." commented Jaehyun in a rather dismissive tone, looking cheerful. "You'll no doubt get busy once you get back but I think it'll be great for the team..." Jaehyun added again with a faint smirk plastered on his lips.

"Yeah, no doubt it will be great for the team..." Lucas seconded him, gritting his teeth. His response might have come out rather coldly because for good one minute no one made any sound.

"So tell me! Did you guys visit the marine park yet?" Soyeon took her phone back from Johnny, breaking the uncomfortable silence around them, she probably noticed the tense atmosphere between Jaehyun and him. He felt silly but also annoyed at the same time.

"We're going after breakfast..." Yuqi answered her while glancing nervously at him. Oh great! What's so hard about controlling your damn expression Xuxi! He mentally cursed himself for being such an idiot.

Minnie made some additional comments about the marine park, snorkeling, and something about a hidden cave when he retreated to the square wooden table filled with various dishes and desserts. He stared hungrily at the delicious looking Thai's prawn rolls, distracting himself from unnecessary thoughts about—

"...is that your breakfast???" Minnie's high pitched tone brought his attention back to their ongoing conversation.

"Fully stocked all you can eat buffet for breakfast? Damn! These kids are having the best time of their life over there..." commented Soyeon.

"Meanwhile we have to drive 45 minutes to get a sandwich, life is unfair..." added Minnie in dramatic sort of way. Yuqi snickered and rolled her eyes at both of them.

"No wonder they barely remember us!" Soyeon continued again.

Lucas furrowed his brows and glanced at Yuqi, "What is she talking about?"

Yuqi shrugged. "I have no idea, do we know her?" she added afterward, playing along with him.

"YAH!!!" Both girls on the screen yelled at them, looking annoyed. They looked at each other and broke into a fit of giggles.

Lucas was about to retort Soyeon's menacing 'Wait until you guys come back here!' remark when his parents walked toward the pavilion. He grinned and mused, "Yah! My mom is here, wanna say hello?"

"Huh???" Minnie glanced at Soyeon, the latter shook her head vehemently. "Uh...maybe some other time..." she continued again with an awkward tone. Yuqi laughed at her flustered reaction and teased them. "Bye guys, enjoy your breakfast!"

His parents joined them in t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter