Chapter 3

Boy Friend or Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the hours went by, the warm ray of sunshine gradually lying off its heat. The frothy blue-green saltwater crashed into shoreline in waves. The wave stopped as it reached the tide line and slowly rolled back into the churning ocean water. This relaxing rhythm of continuous lapping wave accompanied their steps as they walked silently along the ocean shore, no one speaking a word, both of them lost in their thought.

“This is so great...” Yuqi murmured, breaking the silence around them.

“Yeah...” Lucas inhaled the chilly-fresh smell air of the sea. “Feel much better now?” he asked her.

She glanced up at him. He gave her a knowing look. “So much better...” she mumbled softly. “I’m so glad we came here...” she added again while casually sliding both of her hands on to his arm.

Lucas grinned unconsciously at that small-clingy-move from her. It didn’t surprise him, she did that a lot. Well to be fair, both of them did that a lot and he loved how comfortable she was around him. He remembered in one occasion where she leaped onto his arms and hugged him after they’ve won a betting game against everyone, Soyeon commented on how touchy they were with each other which she cluelessly replied her with ‘So what about it?’ His lips curled into a grin recalling Soyeon’s baffled expression that day.

“Why?” She stared at him, looking curious.

He turned toward her. “Ah, I just remembered something funny...” he laughed softly.

“Something funny?” She furrowed her brows.

He nodded. “Remember the day we beat your prince charming in that Jenga game?” he asked her.

Yuqi pondered his question for a moment, then a wide grin curled up on her face. “Of course! I’ve got to boss him and others around for a day, it’s so fun...” she laughed. “Good old day!”

Lucas laughed at her last remark. Yeah, they were indeed having so much fun that day. “You could’ve asked him to take you on a date as his penalty, what a waste of chance!” he commented lightly between his laugh.

She halted and made a grimacing face. “I don’t want him to take me on a date using such a sly method. I’m not that shallow, you know...” she grumbled.

Lucas scoffed. “As if. Did you forget how you trick me to get you a sneaker that cost more than my monthly life expense?”

“That’s a completely different story...”

“How so?”

“You promised to get me one...” she argued as she slides down on the soft golden sand. “Besides I also got you that expensive beam soundbar...” she fired back.

“Yeah right...” He flopped down beside her. “That’s why I promise to get you a voucher for your next birthday...” he added.

“What voucher?”

“Chinese food voucher, I got a dozen of them...”

“But I want a winter coat...” She said, completely ignoring his previous sentence.

“You don’t get to choose your present this time...”

“It’s so pretty and cheap. Wait, I’ll show you...” she mused again, fishing out her phone from her jeans pocket.

“Why don’t you ask your prince charming to get you one?”

“I can’t, it’ll be hella weird if I asked for a birthday gift when I’m not even his girlfriend...” she mumbled while continued scrolling on her phone screen.

“So, are you saying that you’re my girlfriend now?”

She turned toward him again. “I want this one...” she showed him some online shop’s catalog in h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter