Chapter 22

Boy Friend or Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They arrived in Seoul on the hottest day of the Summer. It would be a perfect sunny day to picnic or spend some time outside if it wasn't for the blistering heat and humidity. Lucas collapsed as soon as he entered his room. The heat was killing him. He was starting to miss Bangkok rainy days where he could spent most of the time cuddling or simply had a random idle talk with his favorite girl. He took a deep sigh and stared absentmindedly at the white ceiling. He wondered if he would ever get to spend time like that— His train of thoughts was interrupted by a loud notification sound from his phone. Lazily he took his phone and checked the recent WeChat's notification. It was from his little brother, Huang Jun Jie.

Jun (J): Damn bro, I skipped one summer vacation

J: and I missed all the crazy stuff you did!

J: I hate it here!😩

His eyebrows furrowed slightly at those messages. What on earth is this brat talking about— Holy crap! He sat up almost immediately when his eyes landed on the pictures under those line messages. With lightning speed, Lucas typed out a reply, totally bewildered by those intimate pictures of him and Yuqi cuddling on top of the swinging chair, fast asleep.

Lucas (L): Braaaaat, where did you get that?

J: Mom just shared it in group chat lol

L: OMFG WHERE??? WHY???

J: I want to see my sister in law too 🥺

L: Sister-in-law my foot

L: HOLY- How on earth I'm not even in the group?

J: Idk. Maybe she kicked you out LOL

L: ASDFGHJKLP

L: Brat add me!

J: No LMAO

L: Forget it! I'm calling mom!

Still baffled by those pictures Lucas proceeded to dial mom number. She answered it after a second ring. "Hi honey, did you arrive safely?" Mom greeted him from the other end.

He ignored her question and fired up, "Mom what are you planning to do with those pictures?"

"Huh? What picture?" She asked, sounding confused.

"The swing picture, Jun just sent me..."

"Oh, that one!" She exclaimed with a rather hearty giggle. "Do you like it?" she . "Right, I was going to send it to you this morning but we got very busy with your departure. I'll send it to you in a moment..." she continued again.

"That's not the point." He protested though he would love to have those pictures. "Why are you sharing that in the group chat?"

She let out a merry chuckle and mused in a nonchalant tone, "Showing off my pretty daughter in law obviously, what else?"

"She's not your daughter in law..." he retorted but feeling somewhat thrilled with the way mom said it.

"Not yet and she will..."

He snorted at her confidence remark... "We're not even together yet..."

"In that case you better make it happen..."

"Easy for you to say..." he grumbled low, laying down on his back again.

"Well if you keep playing around with her, one of these days I might accidentally send one of these pictures to her mom..." she said again.

"What? OH MY GOD! You supposed to be my mom—"

"Oh honey, I need to go!" she interrupted his complaint. "Get some rest, Ok!" And she hung up.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter